Zorba: 'They’re dummies that don’t know the game'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BEST COURSE OF ACTION
gotta teach this "Jubba The Hut" a lesson and let it reach the board.
next Lottoland game , simply dont attend.

z2.jpg

Because of my powerful load .......My wife and I had / have triplet boys 16 years ago. ..... well she did the work popping them out .... but only took 5 minutes. Bloody easy work.

Ewww....and yet, wow (re: the 5 mins.) I wonder if she would verify the easy work portion of that statement?!?!?!?

It seems like allot of the people Zorba says are Keyboard Warriors and cowards who know nothing about the game are saying very similar things to those that Nate Myles was talking about in this article.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...k/news-story/92b8d024a118e5ddf9c661d027039edd

Here are some Quotes:

Myles said the performances in both opening games against Parramatta and the Rabbitohs have been very patchy.

“We haven’t put together a good solid half of football yet- I think if you take the best from both games it probably equals up to about 70, 80 minutes,” Myles said.

“We are just not stringing together a full 80 minutes.”

So is Zorba saying Nate knows nothing about the game?? Or maybe us Keyboard warriors know a bit more that he gives us credit for.

This thread will soon have more views than the club does paid members.

For a so called 'media manager' to apparantly 'not read those things' just keeps on confirming dinosaur status. It's been no surprise that the club has stunk at media / marketing the past few seasons (not that there hasn't been efforts, just those efforts have been blocked by said dinosaurs and those making the effort generally not lasting long). Little accountability perhaps at the top of the stinkheap. To even get a media manager type position anywhere these days you need to be across every possible platform, and be monitoring / understanding it comprehensively. Even if digital isn't your direct role, If you are in that department as a whole and still have dinosaur attitudes, you'd be out the door at any other company of an equal size, anywhere.

Funny how quickly a story full of mud can get a back cover, yet any story that might possibly do actual good never sees the light of day. Priorities in ALL the wrong areas. It's all well and good to have 'mates in high places', but if these 'mates' are only working with you when there is mud to be slung, they aren't really as great a mate as inflated egos may think they are.

A business bleeding cash, can't afford to keep living in the past, T-Rex is long gone, so other dinosaurs should follow suit.

Someone said earlier he's not a board member any longer, so requesting his removal @Ryan is a moot point.

He can say whatever he wants if that's the case.

I didnt get a reply either
I emailed membership and staff of there facebook page which says they reply within the hour its been a long hour since i messaged

I bet they email you back quick smart if you ask for details of membership...try it!:clap::rofl:
I did think of doing that and if they did reply i would have replied with not so pleasant request
But Ive written to them and someone has read it along with plenty more id expect hence the apology (if you can call it that )
So ill leave it there for now.
Interesting in his apology about not representing Manly . I wonder how the club would respond if a player that is caught saying or doing something that is against the club That the player could say i wasn't representing the club just my mates that's what we do it has nothing to do with club ...

I did think of doing that and if they did reply i would have replied with not so pleasant request
But Ive written to them and someone has read it along with plenty more id expect hence the apology (if you can call it that )
So ill leave it there for now.
Interesting in his apology about not representing Manly . I wonder how the club would respond if a player that is caught saying or doing something that is against the club That the player could say i wasn't representing the club just my mates that's what we do it has nothing to do with club ...
Herein lies the regular frustration from the fan base. They treat us like idiots...a lot of sporting clubs act this way. But they are always over zealous in trying to get you to part with your hard earned cash, knowing we buy their **** products because we love our team.

This thread will soon have more views than the club does paid members.

For a so called 'media manager' to apparantly 'not read those things' just keeps on confirming dinosaur status. It's been no surprise that the club has stunk at media / marketing the past few seasons (not that there hasn't been efforts, just those efforts have been blocked by said dinosaurs and those making the effort generally not lasting long). Little accountability perhaps at the top of the stinkheap. To even get a media manager type position anywhere these days you need to be across every possible platform, and be monitoring / understanding it comprehensively. Even if digital isn't your direct role, If you are in that department as a whole and still have dinosaur attitudes, you'd be out the door at any other company of an equal size, anywhere.

Funny how quickly a story full of mud can get a back cover, yet any story that might possibly do actual good never sees the light of day. Priorities in ALL the wrong areas. It's all well and good to have 'mates in high places', but if these 'mates' are only working with you when there is mud to be slung, they aren't really as great a mate as inflated egos may think they are.

A business bleeding cash, can't afford to keep living in the past, T-Rex is long gone, so other dinosaurs should follow suit.
We had the best IT guy at the club in Aaron Markie. But Zorba brought all that undone.

(glad to hear Aaron is killing it as the NRL digital director.....how different things could've been.)

I wonder what the club will do of we all email them a link and ask for our membership fees back.
If I may add my observations on the current issues facing Manly, it reminds me a lot of what Souths faced 15 years ago when George Piggins considered himself the messiah and the font of all knowledge when it came to the administration of the Club. I see Bob Fulton and Peter Peters in a similar light, in Bozos case a legend of the game who given his record as a player and a coach considers himself indispensable to the club, Zorba as a self appointed spokesman on all things Manly.
As Souths learned after years of massive upheaval players are often poor choices for administrative and management roles, in today's business world the best administrators are drawn from the business ranks not past player ranks. What does surprise me though is that Manly should have a bulletproof ownership structure, with one family having ultimate control yet it seems the CEO has to negotiate his way around past players to effectively do the job he was hired to do. There should be no need to have the owners involved beyond appointing the CEO and provided he is working within his charter he should have free rein to hire and fire. This owners should unequivocally back their CEO.

It's always amazed me that management (or elements thereof) have apparently tolerated the Dodecanese Dingbat's wheezy mutterings on other media outlets.

Whether it's laying into a man with mental health issues or calling the fans of the club that he claims to love dummies, there is no way you can firewall those remarks off from his Manly connection.

Are we expected to accept that he has one opinion for a broader audience and an opposite view for the Sea Eagles' fan base? Of course not.

And that anything he says that causes outrage, when clutched into 'independent mode', doesn't impact on the Sea Eagles' image? Again, no.

It's time for him to retire to the latest TAB-sponsored, integrated, independent living resort, where he can bore his fellow residents (to tears), regaling them with memories of the '73 Grand Final.

Last edited:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8