• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nthn NSW

Reserve Grader
Why is it that one of the few times Zorba speaks to the papers(not on his radio gig)he co-operates with the Tele on a piece about being caught flirting on-line.Seems like the journo was at the seminar,so why the f#*k would he allow that?

To me it appears he has to many conflicts of interest to be suitable for the job..

I agree, this should have been a positive news story for the club, not a bash our players fest.

I bet what has happened is that whoever wrote the piece was given access and permission and then it was assumed they would write a fluff piece on Manly getting tough on Social Media, then they have gone and done the opposite.

Had a quick yak to Zorba on Friday night. Looked pretty good. Lost a lot of weight.

Oh ****.....i'll probably get baned for not whinging

Mybludog link said:
Had a quick yak to Zorba on Friday night. Looked pretty good. Lost a lot of weight.

Oh s**t.....i'll probably get baned for not whinging

Quickly whinge about fuel prices!

I hardly think it was Zorba's fault that the tele put their spin on it and made it negative. Positive stories about Manly just don't sell their papers.

I can see how this was probably intentioned as positive and the Newspapers decided to spin it a different way

Mybludog link said:

Oh s**t.....i'll probably get baned for not whinging
lmao..well i did read where someone was saying he should be out there more not just promoting them in the manly daily.. so this is what happens when he tries to get it out there .. it gets twisted around & comes back to bite us .. just leave him with manly daily .. ;)

Dan link said:
I hardly think it was Zorba's fault that the tele put their spin on it and made it negative. Positive stories about Manly just don't sell their papers.

I can see how this was probably intentioned as positive and the Newspapers decided to spin it a different way

Bingo.

I'm interested to see why out of all sixteen clubs who took part in this exercise, Manly was the one that generated front page news? It seems that we can still sell papers...

willstyles link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=186449.msg315592#msg315592 date=1297634319]

Bingo.

I'm interested to see why out of all sixteen clubs who took part in this exercise, Manly was the one that generated front page news? It seems that we can still sell papers...
[/quote]

They're threatening Brett not to sue them. They're showing how they can tear him & the club to shreds if they want to, even with no ammo.

willstyles link said:

Bingo.

[/quote]

Will I was interested to the Manly Daily run a similar story today but not a sentence about the trial?

Wheel, the trial was @ http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/sharks-feel-the-bite/ but we had already got better coverage by our Silvertails attendees.

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=willstyles link=topic=186449.msg315741#msg315741 date=1297675146]

Bingo.

[/quote]

Will I was interested to the Manly Daily run a similar story today but not a sentence about the trial?
[/quote]

Hmm... Not sure mate, don't work at the MD anymore - I know there was a match report up on the website on the night of the trial though?

I read the MD story, thought it was far more reasonable! Actually said some things about how Manly had been stitched up. The pictures nicked from Choc's facebook page had me scratching my head though. Not sure what purpose they served other than for shock value?

Thx guys, the trial report didnt make the paper version though - all good

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6