Club News 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Great.

More potentially problematic (think religious quackery etc.) recruits from western Sydney - totally devoted to the Manly-Warringah cause (not) - at the expense of the next Jacob Preston, et al, from our own junior league.

Great.

More potentially problematic (think religious quackery etc.) recruits from western Sydney - totally devoted to the Manly-Warringah cause (not) - at the expense of the next Jacob Preston, et al, from our own junior league.
Blacktown is 10th, Flegg is 9th, SG Ball is 14th & Harold Matt’s is 7th & we are gonna complain about looking for better juniors? Every club has missed/let go of a young player they would regret just look at Galvin now who Parra thought wasn’t good enough, it’s apart of the game. Sure they might miss the next Jacob Preston, or maybe they might find the next Olakau'atu who knows? Good to see they are at least trying something. BTW not sure what their religion has to do with anything unless the NRL adds a pride round for some reason

Ideally we need to diversify more our recruitment strategy.

I would love to see the club import some British talent as we have a history of them being in premiership winning teams for us.

I would also like us to focus on NZ as its a rich nursery and I would love to see some badly needed attention shown to our local juniors in the Manly Warringah district!

Great.

The old adage. if you are good enough, you will get noticed and retained. Maybe Jacob didn't impress at the junior levels and Dogs were desperate and took a chance. They themselves have now changed focus and developing the juniors after years of neglect.

The old adage. if you are good enough, you will get noticed and retained. Maybe Jacob didn't impress at the junior levels and Dogs were desperate and took a chance. They themselves have now changed focus and developing the juniors after years of neglect.
No he didn’t impress. In the interim prior to the Dishlickers, he was off playing in Norths’ lower grades.

However he would come in handy right now as a starting second rower, with energy levels we don’t always see from some of the club’s current candidates.

Last edited:
Problem is the things that catch the eye at junior levels don't always translate to first grade. We have an ever growing list of next big things that haven't managed the transition.

Players that work hard, are team players and are committed to learning/improving, don't stand out at first but they have the traits that are key to a players long term success.

Bellyache has made his career by recruiting character first and ability second. It's a great tactic because eventually you unearth those rare gems that combine talent with work ethic and become superstars. No other club comes close as far as producing hall of famers or potential immortals.

FYI I threw up a little in my mouth while typing this.

Building the BFS/CoE has been a critical exclamation mark in the club’s history, at a time of so-so results on-field.

A very canny investment on the club’s behalf, combining a stand, club facilities and corporate facilities, for around $33m.

Meanwhile the Tigers spent close to $80m of taxpayers money on a CoE alone, at a ground which is not even one of their homegrounds!

Brookvale now looks and feels much more like a stadium and it highlights the ‘art of the possible’ when it comes to Brooky’s future.

Combined with the other corporate facilities at Brookvale, the ground must be one of the better suburban stadiums on that front.

At last some common sense.

This was always a money grab and year after year we give the donkeys a home game.

They really hate coming to Brooky, it is without a doubt a ground where they experience true hostility and if magic pudding round continues up there, we should be playing different teams!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14