1 eyed eels are debating if Foran was worth the 1.2M per season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Eels can't guarantee anything outside the Cap and the marquee allowance is capped. If there is a ~$400K reliance on non-Eels money, that is a fair chunk that Foran is hoping is paid up. Plenty of players in Sydney clubs have seen these evaporate, even for the top players.

Would be interesting to see how much of their spare allowances are now heaped on Foran for 2016, to the detriment of other Eels players.

But given the sudden emergence of Choc as a media darling since his switch, I get the feeling some of the media have jumped in to pay up on the contract for Foran as well.

I appreciate what your saying, but as I eluded to in another post the 3rd party is almost always sourced by the club first then fed to the managers.

The types of 3rd party differ, but from what I understand they are predominately corporate and association bodies speaking arrangements (ie Inglis and his 100k ambassadorship with an Aboriginal Government body).

They are never guaranteed in writing, but few players if any (Anasta comes to mind) ever miss out on them.

Plus Foran will be the MPA recipient of 200k so that really only leaves 200 to find

The Eels can't even guarantee Arthur will be there in a year, but, thankfully too, Keiran will because they made sure he doesn't have a get out clause if BA gets the punt.

And really, if Parra miss the 8 this year, why should they keep him? Since Ricky's coaching myth cloud was busted, the two biggest coaching myths are now Flanno and BA. Flanno oversaw a drugs program and still couldn't get his team to do anything worthwhile, meanwhile BA is the greatest person to ever assistant coach yet his head coaching record is abysmal.
As long as he's getting his $1.2M I don't think he'd care who is coaching. I can't cop the BS about wanting to play under the great Brad Arthur. I would suggest that if Tooves and Arthur swapped jobs tomorrow, Foran wouldn't change his mind about going. However, if Manly turned around and said, here's $1.5M / year for the next 4 years, he'd be back at Brookvale in a second. This move is about money, pure and simple and, to be honest, I don't begrudge anyone that. Just don't feed everyone a heap of BS that it's about playing environment, coaching etc. At least DCE hasn't tried to hide the fact his move is about money, and that's fair enough. Just the way he and Orr went about it was a train wreck.

As long as he's getting his $1.2M I don't think he'd care who is coaching. I can't cop the BS about wanting to play under the great Brad Arthur. I would suggest that if Tooves and Arthur swapped jobs tomorrow, Foran wouldn't change his mind about going. However, if Manly turned around and said, here's $1.5M / year for the next 4 years, he'd be back at Brookvale in a second. This move is about money, pure and simple and, to be honest, I don't begrudge anyone that. Just don't feed everyone a heap of BS that it's about playing environment, coaching etc. At least DCE hasn't tried to hide the fact his move is about money, and that's fair enough. Just the way he and Orr went about it was a train wreck.
He is leaving because your rubbish club is toxic.
Watch Stewart be the next to jump off the sinking ship.

inbred-cat_o_1984799.jpg

They're now saying that Wolfman williams will also be in the blue and gold come 2016.

You must be bored.

Sandow will either take a massive paycut to stay at your ****ty club or....well he doesn't have any other options because no other club wants him.

Now crawl back home to your own forum and let us get on with what we do best.....winning premierships.

I don't think Foran is about the money. He says it's "best for his family" and all that stuff, but I think he choc, skiv, snake were that pissed about gift that they all wanted out.

You can imagine choc firing them up maybe with a few beers under their belt, " if they they don't sign you mate you know what we will do we will all leave, that will show them".
Common sense prevailed with snake as he knew no one would give him the love that we give. Also he is in his later years and a new group of boys plus a new coach might be too much for his old knees.
Skiv looked like he was gone also but wouldn't of got the cash that we would give him. No one would love him as much as we do and the same as Brett above he's no spring chicken at training.
Choc and Foz obviously being as hard and stubborn as they are we're going to see out what they said.
Their own stubbornness and maybe some promises to dalai Arthur and that's that.
Foz was probably so hesitant to sign with the slim because Snake and Skiv stayed.

This is all hypothetical but you could defiantly see how it could have unfolded.

Hahaha mate don't throw rocks:

Coffs Harbour Scandle
Ben Barba Scandle
Salary Cap Scandle

Brett Stewart isn't going anywhere. And if he did, watch the under 20s. I think we are sorted at Fullback. How's the revolving door at Fullback going for you?

If true, I hope he takes a) because he deserves it and b) There is no way in he'll manly would match it.

He's worth 200k tops.
He's worth whatever a Superleague team was going to pay him. That's basically what Parra is becoming. The Australian Superleague team guys go to for a big payday with no expectations.

Hi guys, I am new here.
I have to agree with the above comments. No player apart from the JT's, GI's, even the Haynes etc are worth 1.2mil a season. It is crazy what the eels are paying him.

However, they intend to build their club around him, and lets face it, he is a good player (I know you are all hurting, but it is what it is). I think in a year or 2 the Eels will be a powerhouse club.

Hi guys, I am new here.
I have to agree with the above comments. No player apart from the JT's, GI's, even the Haynes etc are worth 1.2mil a season. It is crazy what the eels are paying him.
Welcome. What brings you here? One thing you'll have to get used to is that we have a salary cap on comments.

Welcome. What brings you here? One thing you'll have to get used to is that we have a salary cap on comments.
Lets hope the 'Storm' does not blow up over me going over the salary cap.
By the way what is the figure on this salary cap? Just so I can know how many inside comment endorsements I can get away with.

King Rooster I too am new to the forum! :) My understanding is that as long as you are not caught out for going over the comment salary cap you're fine. I'm not too sure where you're getting the idea that the Eels will be a powerhouse club in two years, must be something in the water in Eastern Sydney. However, everyone knows Manly will bounce back and reign supreme once again!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7