1000's of Ref's and officials and they still can't get it right

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HAHA, the benefits of supporting a team that just can't win anything.

You lose a grand final and still get a victory parade.

They did the same thing in 1976 however their parade was before the grand final

Clearly a penalty, says Finch

THE contentious Grand Final penalty against Fuifui Moimoi took yet another twist yesterday with NRL referees boss Robert Finch declaring that he would have penalised hooker Kevin Kingston.

Parramatta fans were filthy with Tony Archer's 76th-minute howler to penalise Moimoi for not releasing Melbourne fullback Billy Slater.

But Finch said "it was quite clear on the replay" that Kingston had knocked the ball out of Slater's hands with his knee as he tried to run back into the defensive line.

Similar incidents throughout the season resulted in the referee ruling a loose carry against the attacker and ordering a scrum.

Replays showed Moimoi and Todd Lowrie in the tackle and a desperate Kingston trying to retreat.

Already a sore point with Eels fans - the Slater incident was debated online and on radio yesterday - Finch stirred the pot by suggesting Parramatta could have trailed by more in the first half after a late shot on Greg Inglis was missed.

"From what I have seen, it's quite clear that the player running back (Kingston) knocks the ball out of Slater's hands with his left knee," Finch said.

"If the tackle is completed you must clear the ruck. And if a player knocks the ball out of another player's hands when he hasn't cleared that ruck, it's a penalty - that's a penalty any day of the week. Also, the player (Todd Lowrie) comes back and puts his hands on Slater when the tackle is completed.

"I think it's unfair to single out one incident. In the first half Greg Inglis was taken high and late after a kick and instead of Parramatta getting a 20m restart, Melbourne could have had two points (courtesy of a penalty goal)."

Finch stressed he was yet to officially review the game. He would study the season-deciding blockbuster next week.

Archer's penalty, which continued to be hotly disputed by league fans yesterday, allowed the Storm to march down field and eventually slot the winning field goal to put the match beyond doubt.

Archer originally signalled the ball had been stripped from Slater. He then ruled Moimoi failed to release the fullback.

Video referee Bill Harrigan had also not reviewed the match, but said Archer quickly made it clear the penalty was for failing to release Slater.

Moimoi said after the game: "I was disappointed with the decision, but it's a Grand Final and that's how it is. You can't argue with the referees."

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=Corso_Pete link=topic=181854.msg244009#msg244009 date=1254864769]
I am willing to bet walking Brookie naked

That would be a very ugly sight. 

BTW Pete how did your daughter enjoy the GF???
[/quote]

She had a great day Geoff,  appeared on the Today Show in the morning and had the best seat in the house for the game. They performed prior to the game which was a real buzz for her.

One of those days that will I am sure will stay with her forever. As a dad I was very proud watching my girl performing in such an event. 

Corso Pete is spot on with his views

Robert Finch is laughable, I look forward to seeing his version of the incident as the one I have seen many times is completely different to what he is describing

I also find it amusing that to try and cover up this incorrect ruling, he pulls out another ruling that was wrong hahaha. Shows the thought process behind the bloke operating the worst group of referee's we have seen

Kiwi, the penalty was deserved.  Corso Pete is not spot on.  He's just sooking.  When Slater the Grub tried to get up for a quick play the ball, FF had hold of his ankle.  Can't you see?  OPSM for you.  To much wanking makes one blind.   

When was the last time Finch didn't back a referee who made a wrong decision ? Anyway of course he was going to say that the incident was worth any number of penalties..........his son plays for the Storm after all. So who do you think Archer was going to lean towards when under pressure, Parra or his boss's son ?

It was a crap penalty, Slater had poor ball control and was trying to get to his feet too quickly and dropped the pill. Happens every game without a penalty. How many times do you see sly knees knocking balls out of players hands in the ruck ?? probably 2 or 3 times a game, where they are ruled as a knock on. Yet Finch would have us believe that Kevin Kingston should have been penalised. The referees are poor and they will never get better whilst Robert Finch is in charge of quality control. Having said that, the penalty didn't cost Parra the game, their poor 65 minutes of play did that.

DSM5 link said:
Kiwi, the penalty was deserved.  Corso Pete is not spot on.  He's just sooking.  When Slater the Grub tried to get up for a quick play the ball, FF had hold of his ankle.  Can't you see?  OPSM for you.  To much wanking makes one blind.   

Corso is spot on, if that was a penalty, then there should have been more of those exact penalties in the match, not nothing until the 75th minute. Consistency is the issue, they ignored it for 74mins and then made the call at a crucial time of the match

DSM5 link said:

No sooking from me DSM, can you stand there with hand on heart thya Archer/Hayne could not have given the exact same penalty at least 6 other times in that game, I have manhood on the line at Brookie if you can can show that it didn't!

To pull that penalty out in the 75th minute when the slime where in the ascendancy was just plain crap. I am not going to extol conspiracy theories but Archer simply stuffed up, Finch (snr) just cannot and will not admit it.

They might have Corso.  Actually I thought the Storm should have been given a penalty for a high hit on Inglis early in the match which would have seen them go 8 up. Thus not having any need for the one pointer and therefore no discussion.  Even the commentators thought the ref would come back for the penalty, but no, Parra had to drop out.  I thought the game flowed alright.  I didn't notice two refs really.   

and that is the point of my responses, that penalty, in all probability  was not consistent with what had happended in the previous 75 minutes.

I agree with the high shot on Inglis, but I am sure slime fans could also point out something that they feel a penalty should hav been awared their way as well, swings & roundabours happens in every NRL game.

Thanks for finally agreeing with me, I may even consider evening up the smite I gave you..............nah thought about it and will leave it stand.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4