1978 Finals series - motivate these blokes to avoid the spoon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

max

Forget the weight rooms, tin sheds at Narrabeen and all the rest of the crap. Get the Bomb Thrower, Igor, Biscuits and whoever else to show some of these players of today some footage of the 1978 finals series and tell them THIS is not acceptable to have our proud tradition trampled by a few who lack motivation for this club.

A spoon is unacceptable in our 40th anniversary of that, in my opinion and of quite a few as well, the greatest backs to the wall Finals performance in any
Code of football in Australia

These blokes are our greatest team for their efforts in this premiership campaign.
And it all kicked off 40 years ago on 26/8/78 with an untimely loss to cronulla, so this Sunday is the anniversary of the start of this teams amazing efforts.
You are exactly right the players should be listening to the deeds of these blokes and realise what commitment is.

do you think they give a :swear:, they get paid win , lose or draw, if they had any pride in the jumper they wouldn't be in this predicament ..

Attitude and resilience starts with the Coach . Our Coach is a quitter .
Notice how we lose home games against teams like the Titans ?
That's the type of resilience our coach has built in the team with his quitting attitude

Oh yes I'm the great pretender
Pretending my team is doing well
My need is such I pretend too much
I'm a loser and some suckers cant tell

Trent-Barrett-Press-Conference.jpeg

Attitude and resilience starts with the Coach . Our Coach is a quitter .
Notice how we lose home games against teams like the Titans ?
That's the type of resilience our coach has built in the team with his quitting attitude

Oh yes I'm the great pretender
Pretending my team is doing well
My need is such I pretend too much
I'm a loser and some suckers cant tell

View attachment 9296
One pretender in that picture TB and one true legend in Jake
He is one of the only reasons I think we have a future
He is manly

If you guys are looking for inspiration and motivation than look no further
No, our coach is not sleeping.................... he is meditating .
Yes ladies and gentleman this is the new ground breaking era of "full on" meditational motivation
Meditational motivation exclusively and only at the Manly Sea eagles by the innovative coach Trent Barrett .
It might not get the team winning but it does get some fans in a trance believing that Trent is the man to lead their team to glory

boys-against-men-trent-barrett-unleashes-after-manlys-record-defeat-to-sydney-roosters.jpg

Funny you know , when your leading by 20 odd which we have done on a few occasions that i can think of, the coach and the player should be accountable. Im over Barrett but he cops it when we lose when these players need there arse chewed.

Funny you know , when your leading by 20 odd which we have done on a few occasions that i can think of, the coach and the player should be accountable. Im over Barrett but he cops it when we lose when these players need there arse chewed.
The Players need their arses chewed ?
Thats not your job mate . Thats the coaches job and our coach has proven that he is not affective at his job .

This is what affect the Titans coaches spray had on his team when they were down at half time
Garth Brennan took his players to task at half-time with an epic spray and it had the desired effect

RYAN James’s facial expression in the post-match presser said it all. When coach Garth Brennan’s half-time spray was mentioned by the media throng, he offered an exaggerated eye roll.
“It was colourful to say the least,” he grinned.

The reason for the animated team talk was a first half defensive display that Brennan described as “unacceptable at NRL level”.

“The first half wasn’t acceptable defensively there’s no doubt about that, and it was disappointing... I needed a response and I believe in the guys and they weren’t dishing up what I know they’re capable of doing,” he said.

“Our attack was never a concern for me it was always our attitude in defence, and our attitude wasn’t there.

“To concede 22 points [is one thing], but the way that we conceded them just wasn’t acceptable at an NRL level and I believe they’re better than that and that’s why I challenged them.

“If I had’ve thought they were doing the best they could then they wouldn’t have got the response I gave them but I know they’re better than that, I know how hard they train, I know how much work they put in and what they were dishing up in that first half just wasn’t acceptable.
Titans skipper Ryan James agreed the side deserved the blast.

“We needed it and off the back of what we did last week it was disappointing to start the game like that,” he said.

“The second half showed what we can do as a club and as a team but we can’t keep dishing something like that up in the first half.”

The Players need their arses chewed ?
Thats not your job mate . Thats the coaches job and our coach has proven that he is not affective at his job .

This is what affect the Titans coaches spray had on his team when they were down at half time
Garth Brennan took his players to task at half-time with an epic spray and it had the desired effect

RYAN James’s facial expression in the post-match presser said it all. When coach Garth Brennan’s half-time spray was mentioned by the media throng, he offered an exaggerated eye roll.
“It was colourful to say the least,” he grinned.

The reason for the animated team talk was a first half defensive display that Brennan described as “unacceptable at NRL level”.

“The first half wasn’t acceptable defensively there’s no doubt about that, and it was disappointing... I needed a response and I believe in the guys and they weren’t dishing up what I know they’re capable of doing,” he said.

“Our attack was never a concern for me it was always our attitude in defence, and our attitude wasn’t there.

“To concede 22 points [is one thing], but the way that we conceded them just wasn’t acceptable at an NRL level and I believe they’re better than that and that’s why I challenged them.

“If I had’ve thought they were doing the best they could then they wouldn’t have got the response I gave them but I know they’re better than that, I know how hard they train, I know how much work they put in and what they were dishing up in that first half just wasn’t acceptable.
Titans skipper Ryan James agreed the side deserved the blast.

“We needed it and off the back of what we did last week it was disappointing to start the game like that,” he said.

“The second half showed what we can do as a club and as a team but we can’t keep dishing something like that up in the first half.”
Yep thats fair when your getting flogged, BUT we were FUKHING leading by 20 mate and there was no need for a kick in the arse spray . Maybe a DONT take your foot off the gas spray but the players should know what to do when your leading by that amount wouldn't you think ?

Yep thats fair when your getting flogged, BUT we were FUKHING leading by 20 mate and there was no need for a kick in the arse spray . Maybe a DONT take your foot off the gas spray but the players should know what to do when your leading by that amount wouldn't you think ?

The half time talk is also about getting the players focused on the prize !!!
It is not having a cup of tea with the boys and just smiling at them. The game is not over at half time
The fcking game is not over until its over and I am over with the Excuses I hear on here
The coaches job is to build a resilient culture and we have lacked that under Trent and that is why we collapse with leads all season .
If it is a one off I can jump on your band wagon of excuses but if it happens all year it is the consistency that the coach is RESPONSIBLE for !!!
Soft Trent was always like that as a player and he is the same nature as coach . Trent has built a soft culture filled with excuses.
I like you mate but we dont see eye to eye on this at all on this . Not at All
Trent has under performed with this team and you and all the kings horses and all the kings men and all the silvertails Barrett supporters can make all the excuses as you wish
This is what I tell all the under performing blokes at the gym that come up with excuses for not meeting targets .
Excuses mean Jack sht as far as results go .
The Quitter means Jack sht as far as the Future of re building our club goes . If he want to quit then lets help him and push him out the door .
We are all different on this site and that is why we all have different views
My views are Excuses SUCK !!!

Take it away Arnie .....

nZ2sqzP.jpg

Last edited:
The half time talk is also about getting the players focused on the prize !!!
It is not having a cup of tea with the boys and just smiling at them. The game is not over at half time
The fcking game is not over until its over and I am over with the Excuses I hear on here
The coaches job is to build a resilient culture and we have lacked that under Trent and that is why we collapse with leads all season .
If it is a one off I can jump on your band wagon of excuses but if it happens all year it is the consistency that the coach is RESPONSIBLE for !!!
Soft Trent was always like that as a player and he is the same nature as coach . Trent has built a soft culture filled with excuses.
I like you mate but we dont see eye to eye on this at all on this . Not at All
Trent has under performed with this team and you and all the kings horses and all the kings men and all the silvertails Barrett supporters can make all the excuses as you wish
This is what I tell all the under performing blokes at the gym that come up with excuses for not meeting targets .
Excuses mean Jack sht as far as results go .
The Quitter means Jack sht as far as the Future of re building our club goes . If he want to quit then lets help him and push him out the door .
We are all different on this site and that is why we all have different views
My views are Excuses SUCK !!!

Take it away Arnie .....

View attachment 9307
For the record im not a Barrett fan , was in the early stages but not now . All im saying is the players need to shoulder some of the blame and not just the coach . Im sure Barrett would have told them to keep the foot on the accelerator , kick deep keep them pinned and they didnt . These blokes left their boots in the dressing sheds at halftime plain and simple, cant blame the coach for that .

For the record im not a Barrett fan , was in the early stages but not now . All im saying is the players need to shoulder some of the blame and not just the coach . Im sure Barrett would have told them to keep the foot on the accelerator , kick deep keep them pinned and they didnt . These blokes left their boots in the dressing sheds at halftime plain and simple, cant blame the coach for that .
I dont think you seem to understand my point
If it was a one off capitulation I can agree with you but this is not a one off . It is the soft culture that the players have been conditioned by their coach .
It is the coaches responsibility to keep the players motivated and focused until the final whistle .
This is the culture our coach has built where our team has consistently lost winnable home games all season .
This is the trend that Trent has instilled .
It has been proven that under a different coach players have been born again . Cultures have been rebuild again .
The moral of the story brad ?
Nothing hard comes from soft cocks
images (3).jpg

I dont think you seem to understand my point
If it was a one off capitulation I can agree with you but this is not a one off . It is the soft culture that the players have been conditioned by their coach .
It is the coaches responsibility to keep the players motivated and focused until the final whistle .
This is the culture our coach has built where our team has consistently lost winnable home games all season .
This is the trend that Trent has instilled .
It has been proven that under a different coach players have been born again . Cultures have been rebuild again .
The moral of the story brad ?
Nothing hard comes from soft cocks
View attachment 9309
Thats only a toy chick .... I'll get back to you later , have to take my $30 dollar hammer and coach a few nails in.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8