2013 GRAND FINAL Manly Sea Eagles v Sydney Roosters Game day thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As usual every dubious call goes the way of the Roosters. They are blessed, nevertheless a great game by Manly.

We got the penalty try, they got the forward pass. the period that cost us was in first half with that string of dodgy penalties, but overall we probably beat anyone except htem this year.

Pittwater Legend said:
Shameful use of Gower.

The difference tonight were the wingers. And the refs...

Can't agree with that call on Gower. He's used that 17th man the exact same way for most of the past 2 years.

We got one lucky call, they got about 8. A few boys had outstanding games and a few others had only 6 out of 10 games. Not quite good enough to overcome the crap calls.

Gareth said:
Why was Williams at FLB?

Jennings is a freak.
Wolfy was very timid all game.
It was like they had him bluffed.
At 18-8, after Matai's try I thought we were going places. What a blow, eh?
In having said that, very proud of the Lads to get there, against all odds & Refs.

Second half of each half we struggled to maintain the defensive intensity but a great effort from the boys and went closer than i expected.

No excuses we had the lead twice and just could not go on with it. I am a little 50/50 on the timing of the interchanges i do think in a GF you have to be flexible and read the fatigue patterns but it would not have made a difference.

We lacked depth(due to injuries also) and explosiveness in the forwards that could break the shackles been evident all year and something to improve on for next year.

Beaten by the better team on the night. Congrats to the boys ... what a year. I'm so proud of them. Their bench got us in the end I think. We just didn't have the impact that they did. The speed of the game was a little too much for Georgy god bless him, we'll miss you big fella. Unfortunately we'll have all the attention on the refs when it should be on the players. For full time officials they have a lot of work to do in the off season. Whoever gave DCE the Clive Churchill medal should be shot. Embarrassment to the game.
Thanks to Tooves for great year. I can remember the times when watching the Northern Eagles play, getting beaten by Penrith by 50 in the last game of the season, wondering if it would ever get better. Thanks to Dessie and Tooves you put the heart, spirit, and fight back in the club.
Good luck to the guys leaving. You've all served us well.
Can't wait for next year. Bring it on.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8