2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Jatz Crackers

First Grader
jbb/james said:
The main reason for this was the agreed increase in the cap was benchmarked before the Tv rights was done. So it was a hyperthetical amount so the clubs had a total to work with for player recruitment. As the deal was struck late in the season the NRL believed it may disadvantage some team to make the cap higher as the recruitment plan may have differed

At this stage the talk is about incremental increase of the cap over the length of the TV deal however i feel this is a massive mistake

The game needs more depth more than in needs 10% of the stars having massive increases and as i see it raising the cap in increments will really just allow player managers to set a system to that a few achieve a lot more each year as chief playmakers come off contract

All clubs should be told here is another million, get 4 more players each back from england by 2014 to strengthen the comp and provide depth. It doesnt matter where they come from as long as its not from the NRL or affiliations. We just want more talent in the game

The NRL has a real chance to improve the product here, not just make a few players from each team happy

Good point JBB though I dont think thats out of the question.

The NRL has stated it will be increasing the player minimum and with that those players inbetween that & the select few at the top will command some sort of increase in accordance.

So I dont think the spread of the dollar will be limited to those purely at the top despite (no doubt) the player managers wanting to promote that.

So long as the incremental cap increase, and the delay in deciding on expansion, means a strengthening of the league overall, then im quite happy with the progress of the ARLC and Im quite OK with the staggered increase of cap over the next 5 years.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yep that's the one I wasn't allowed to talk about.
Firstly don't be put off with age or experience.
BJ has plenty to offer. He wasn't given the opportunity with Carty, as I was told he didn't fit into there side to side garbage. He and Joe G, I believe (hope) ,will strike up a very good hit-man team.
And to cap it off he is a genuinely nice bloke. Great signing.:D

Ohh and here's something for the Manly girls...it's like looking in a mirror, I swear!lol
tumblr_m242z6sbTe1r2citto3_250.jpg

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
^ FATTY!

edit: Errr, I mean welcome to Manly! :) :angel:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/burning-desire-finally-gets-titans-prop-brenton-lawrence-his-big-shot/story-e6frep5x-1226081590866

Stevo

First Grader
Have the Titans got any players left for next year?

Tip: Cartwright to lose his job mid season.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Good buy. They are abondoning up at the Gold Coast.....

Cartwright wont make the start of teh season.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
THE cleanout at the Gold Coast Titans continues with another two players following co-captain Scott Prince out the door.

Centre-winger Dominique Peyroux and forward Brenton Lawrence have been released.

Peyroux will join the Warriors and Lawrence is headed to Manly, both on three-year-deals.

Peyroux and Lawrence debuted for the Titans in 2011 with Peyroux playing a total of 16 games for the club and Lawrence 17.

Titans coach John Cartwright said, "I am happy that both Dominique and Brenton were able to secure their futures beyond 2013 with other clubs."

"At this point we are not in a position to offer them a contract after next season, so we are happy to grant them a release.

"We wish both boys the best of luck and hope to see them playing more first grade as a result of their decisions to move."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/titans-release-youngsters-dominique-peyroux-and-brenton-lawrence/story-e6frg6n6-1226508180112

NFN2IT

Reserve Grader
Im stoaked with this new signing.

I watched him play a couple games this season and liked what i did see, with more first grade exp this bloke is going to rip and tear he is a massive unit. Good recruitment.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
at least lawrence will taste success when he plays at The GC from now on. And he will also have the crowd support

The Who

Journey Man
I didn't know anything about Brenton Lawrence so I researched him and found he is 28, 184cm and 102kg - not big for a prop but fast, as this report says...

Rise of Gold Coast Titans forward Brenton Lawrence to further inflame State of Origin eligibility debate

by Daniel Pace
AAP
June 18, 2012 10:00AM

Brenton Lawrence

No Man's Land ... Brenton Lawrence is eligible for Origin in three states. Source: Michael Ross / AAP

Prop Brenton Lawrence joked that if his stellar NRL form continued for Gold Coast Titans, he may find himself caught up in a State of Origin tug of war for his services.

Mackay-born Lawrence played junior football in South Australia before signing with Canberra Raiders as a schoolboy.

But unable to crack first grade, he headed north and settled with the Titans under coach John Cartwright after impressing for Queensland Cup side Burleigh Bears.

"I don't know how it works,'' the 27-year-old told reporters about his Origin eligibility after the Titans' 36-18 win over Penrith at Skilled Park on Sunday.

"We joked about this the other day. I said to the boys `I'm from South Australia, where does that leave me?' My first game was in Adelaide.''

Lawrence has been a shining light for the 10th-placed Titans this year in his six matches, especially during the representative season when fellow forwards Greg Bird, Nate Myles and Ashley Harrison have been away in Origin camp.

He has excellent footwork, mobility and speed for a front-rower and demonstrated his skills with a classy try against the Panthers in which he showed up fullback Lachlan Coote and halfback Luke Walsh in a 35m run to the line.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

But always thinking of the team, Lawrence said he would probably remember a dropped ball more than the try - his second for the season - that gave the Titans a 28-0 lead.

"My first carry I dropped the ball,'' he said.

"I was out there for six minutes before halftime and I dropped the ball and gave away a penalty. I was filthy.''

In the absence of injured warhorse Luke Bailey (ribs), Lawrence has been relishing his extra minutes on the field.
And with the Titans boasting a star-studded forward pack and signing Maroons giant Dave Taylor on a four-year deal starting in 2013, the 102kg prop knows he needs to be on top of his game every week.

"It's a battle to be in the side,'' Lawrence said.

Titans skipper Scott Prince said at the post-match press conference: "I think he's the quickest guy over 40m in the club and he's got a body like Hercules. I'm really happy for him.''

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Just signed up an hour ago & Brenton's already in his Manly shirt, ready to rip into pre-season! http://t.co/9jld8y7A http://t.co/uRlKQkPz

EagleRock40

Reserve Grader
Check out you tube for his first career try vs Dogs this season. 50m run to the line and definately has good speed for a front rower, not one of our current guys would get near him for pace.

wombatgc said:
Yep that's the one I wasn't allowed to talk about.
Firstly don't be put off with age or experience.
BJ has plenty to offer. He wasn't given the opportunity with Carty, as I was told he didn't fit into there side to side garbage. He and Joe G, I believe (hope) ,will strike up a very good hit-man team.
And to cap it off he is a genuinely nice bloke. Great signing.:D

Ohh and here's something for the Manly girls...it's like looking in a mirror, I swear!lol
tumblr_m242z6sbTe1r2citto3_250.jpg

Here's a banner for the new bloke for 2013 - Manly men love a good BJ
:)

mozgrame

Engorged member
The Who said:
I didn't know anything about Brenton Lawrence so I researched him and found he is 28, 184cm and 102kg - not big for a prop but fast, as this report says...

Rise of Gold Coast Titans forward Brenton Lawrence to further inflame State of Origin eligibility debate

by Daniel Pace
AAP
June 18, 2012 10:00AM

Brenton Lawrence

No Man's Land ... Brenton Lawrence is eligible for Origin in three states. Source: Michael Ross / AAP

Prop Brenton Lawrence joked that if his stellar NRL form continued for Gold Coast Titans, he may find himself caught up in a State of Origin tug of war for his services.

Mackay-born Lawrence played junior football in South Australia before signing with Canberra Raiders as a schoolboy.

But unable to crack first grade, he headed north and settled with the Titans under coach John Cartwright after impressing for Queensland Cup side Burleigh Bears.

"I don't know how it works,'' the 27-year-old told reporters about his Origin eligibility after the Titans' 36-18 win over Penrith at Skilled Park on Sunday.

"We joked about this the other day. I said to the boys `I'm from South Australia, where does that leave me?' My first game was in Adelaide.''

Lawrence has been a shining light for the 10th-placed Titans this year in his six matches, especially during the representative season when fellow forwards Greg Bird, Nate Myles and Ashley Harrison have been away in Origin camp.

He has excellent footwork, mobility and speed for a front-rower and demonstrated his skills with a classy try against the Panthers in which he showed up fullback Lachlan Coote and halfback Luke Walsh in a 35m run to the line.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

But always thinking of the team, Lawrence said he would probably remember a dropped ball more than the try - his second for the season - that gave the Titans a 28-0 lead.

"My first carry I dropped the ball,'' he said.

"I was out there for six minutes before halftime and I dropped the ball and gave away a penalty. I was filthy.''

In the absence of injured warhorse Luke Bailey (ribs), Lawrence has been relishing his extra minutes on the field.
And with the Titans boasting a star-studded forward pack and signing Maroons giant Dave Taylor on a four-year deal starting in 2013, the 102kg prop knows he needs to be on top of his game every week.

"It's a battle to be in the side,'' Lawrence said.

Titans skipper Scott Prince said at the post-match press conference: "I think he's the quickest guy over 40m in the club and he's got a body like Hercules. I'm really happy for him.''

Sounds like a typical CQ boy. What do you reckon Mal??

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So what's the latest with registering Snakes contract and retaining Kitey for next year ?? seems we are signing merrily away despite supposed salary cap pressure. Is there someone else currently on the roster that won't be around next year to free up $$$$ ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14
13 7 6 4 14