2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
That cannot be right.

I'd be very worried if our captain was just to leave out of the blue like that..

Where is this rumour coming from?

Killer is 31 next week, he is signed for us for this year only. Maybe the club dont want to give him a long contract because of his age and he is negotiating a longer contract to take him into retirement from 2014 onwards ??????

I'd be very surprised if Lyon left Manly. Gold Coast may be after him but he's Manly's captain (they cant offer that with Bird there), and he's made it very clear that he wants to stay. Only caveat is if Manly cant afford to keep him, but a year down the track, monies will be more available especially with the Salary Cap increasing yearly. Sounds more hope that evidence Titan supporter.

This was written from David May, CEO of the Titans on their official forums:

"Guys

As I have mentioned to a couple of you privately, it won't do the club or the deal any good to have this played out in the media.

So we won't be making further comment.

I'd say based on today's progress that things look positive - but if it hits the media all that will happen is that other clubs will come in and our chances of signing be diminished.

Which benefits none of us.

So as much as I want to share, in this instance it won't help us.

We will be able to confirm or otherwise by Monday next week.

Also yes Adam is on the way out to play NYC. He's got a lot of potential and look forward to welcoming him to the Coast.

D"

http://forum.titans.com.au/showthread.php?t=23229

Looks like we are close to losing another player. If I were other clubs, and reading this, I'd be phoning Perry, seeing what the deal is and maybe offering more if it is a quality player. Drive the price up, and their agent should not want it hush, hush, either.

Thanks Titans Fan for advertising the fact. Hope it doesn't cost your club anything.

Jamies folks live about an hours drive from the Goldie. All makes sense to me. Just hope the contract is for next year not this year. Our best player and vital to our chances of success.

Titans Fan said:
I actually feel sorry for you guys. But we are going to benefit big time.
I can see how you'd feel sorry for us seeing how we've never won a premiership, picked up the wooden spoon in 2011 and 11/16 in 2012......oh hang on that's not us.......

If we lose Lyon for 2013 I would write off our chances of being a threat. Absolute tragedy if we lose him, easily been our best player in recent years. Oh well if its true.

Wasn't the story he wanted a 3 year deal at Manly and they refused, offering 2.

If he goes I will be the first to wish him well and thank him for his great service.

I agree my favourite player although would be surprised if he is not with us this year. Could be that Hoppa may be coming back in 2014.

bob dylan said:
Wasn't the story he wanted a 3 year deal at Manly and they refused, offering 2.

If he goes I will be the first to wish him well and thank him for his great service.

I think that is the case. Agree about wishing him well, he has been great for us. The only way I hope we would entertain something like this is that Hoppa was coming back or we just had no choice due to our salary cap situation.

He's a special player but we've lost champions over the years and continued to have success. He's not gone yet but if it does happen it's not the end of the world.Remember when Fulton left it was all doom and gloom. Two years later we were premiers again...

Jamie is an absolute champion but 2 more years is smart by the club. Alex Ferguson always has rolling 1 year contracts for 30 and over. A lot can change once in early 30's and a two year contract on 400 plus each year should set him up further.

The Hoppas and Haslers of the world should not be mentioned while talking about champs like JL.

Jamie Lyon imo is the best player in the world and should be given a 3 year contract.

bob dylan said:
The Hoppas and Haslers of the world should not be mentioned while talking about champs like JL.

Imo they shouldn't be mentioned at all.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12