2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

bones

Bones Knows
Stevo said:
WESTIE said:
The kid's name is spelt - TRBOJEVIC. Hopefully we can lock him up soon ,on a long term contract.

And pronounced TRE-BOY-O-VIC

the mauler said:
RL Gronk said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Weyman has been told he is unwanted after this season

Not a bad replacement for kitey

Weymans kicking game isn't as good as Kiteys.:p

And Weyman runs alot less sideways

Kite > Weyman.

driftout

Reserve Grader
Pritchard has re-signed with the Dogs for 1.6 million over 3 years. This is excessive for a player who tends to go missing in big matches , has ordinary hands and is not particularly durable .

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
driftout said:
Pritchard has re-signed with the Dogs for 1.6 million over 3 years. This is excessive for a player who tends to go missing in big matches , has ordinary hands and is not particularly durable .

that's fine if you don't have salary cap worries!

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
RL Gronk said:
You would think the dogs have missed out on izzy because there's no way they will afford him with some of these contracts

I believe they are still a half short of a good team.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
We need to remember now with these figures that the salary cap has gone up a fair chunk so the players that used to be 250-300k will now be around 450-500k etc

Probably still a risk with that much for Pritchard, but the past year or so he has really been consistent week in week out, had a blinder in the test a few weeks back as well

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
driftout said:

True, but compared to $650K per year for a player who goes missing in big and small matches , has ordinary hands and defence, is not particularly durable and is prone to getting suspended it's a bargain!!

driftout

Reserve Grader
RL Gronk said:
You would think the dogs have missed out on izzy because there's no way they will afford him with some of these contracts

I understood that he was signing with the Dogs as long as he wasn't selected for the Wallabies. Surprise , surprise , he gets selected for the Wallabies. Now it's unclear whether he'll be with the Dogs next year.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I love how people think that good players would come to us on the cheap or on an "incentive contract' (whatever they are). When was the last time anyone picked up a current representative player cheap or when was the last time any established first grader played under an "incentive contract" ?? Just doesn't happen.

WESTIE

Reserve Grader
Stevo said:
WESTIE said:
Stevo said:
WESTIE said:
The kid's name is spelt - TRBOJEVIC. Hopefully we can lock him up soon ,on a long term contract.

Sorry Stevo.....its actually pronounced - TR - BORE - YEAH - VITCH

Is it? That's not how the commentators have teen saying it. lol

Stevo... i'm from the same ethnic background as Jake.....same one as ex player Dragan Durdevic and former lower grader Ilija Radan.

tookey

First Grader
RL Gronk said:

Folau will be picked to play the lions and will stay in rugby as the dogs won't be able to match what union will offer him

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
Stevo said:
WESTIE said:
Stevo said:
WESTIE said:

LOL - commentators aren't even sure how to pronounce names like widdop and gillet, half of them would be lucky to be able to pronounce their own names properly

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
MissKate said:
Stevo said:
WESTIE said:
Stevo said:
WESTIE said:

LOL - commentators aren't even sure how to pronounce names like widdop and gillet, half of them would be lucky to be able to pronounce their own names properly

How ever you pronounce the name, he and Gutherson showed in the recent rep match that they are damned good players and Manly needs to secure them up real tight.

the mauler

Bencher
With Kite, Smokin Joe and Big George departing that would free up around 750k, surely we'd be in the market for a couple of forwards for next year. We definately need some strengthening in that department.

Stevo

First Grader
Chip and Chase said:
I love how people think that good players would come to us on the cheap or on an "incentive contract' (whatever they are). When was the last time anyone picked up a current representative player cheap or when was the last time any established first grader played under an "incentive contract" ?? Just doesn't happen.

MicK Weyman isn't a exactly a current rep player though mate. He played country origin last year and Hasn't played SOO since 2010. He wouldn't be overly expensive.

WESTIE said:
Stevo said:
WESTIE said:
Stevo said:
WESTIE said:

Stevo... i'm from the same ethnic background as Jake.....same one as ex player Dragan Durdevic and former lower grader Ilija Radan.

I wasn't arguing with you mate. Just saying that's not how the commentators have been saying it in the toyota cup or the u/20's origin.

StuBoot

Bencher
Kiwi Eagle said:
Canberra and Newcastle had been linked the Weyman btw

Surely the Raiders would be in the box seat there, didn't they make a statue of him in his home town ( Moruya? )

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

Rex

Bencher
WESTIE said:
Stevo said:
WESTIE said:
Stevo said:
WESTIE said:

So it's pronounced "WEST-EE-O-VITCH then?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16