2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gilbert Grape? as for Cherrington, no thanks. (Might as well sign Robert Lui.)

Nigel Plum? He can hit in defence.

While not a food thing Cowboys are going to have salary cap troubles in 2014 take Scott Bolton off there hands (Origin rep - but struggling to crack top grade

Bearfax said:
Ah Niccipops, you're a legend. But dont expect a stand to be named after you.
Well that was random ... though perfectly true of course
(and personally I wouldn't rule out a stand just yet, maybe one day The Brett Stewart/Niccipops stand?)

one night only...:huh::D:angel:

Shoe1 said:
wombatgc said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
This is better than the riddle thread. Does he have 1st grade experience?

Yes, and in my opinion should've got alot more.Think Joe G, but aussie.
Surname is a type of fruit?

Just hope that our recruitment team dont make a meal of it by signing him alongside Sao and Cunningham. Perhaps Drinkwater should have been kept to compliment them.

Obviously a taste of things to come. There is a smorgasboard of talent out there. All ripe for the picking. We need some one who can eat up the metres, squash the opposition.

I'd rather us focus on the development of our juniors, and managing the cap so they can remain (like Lussick / Harrison) than sign players from outside the club.

Ryan said:
I'd rather us focus on the development of our juniors, and managing the cap so they can remain (like Lussick / Harrison) than sign players from outside the club.

Pity the previous coach didn't think it was worth it. Glad to see Tooves and his team are rectifiying that, by the time the likes of Chee Kam, Sao etc develop we should be in a situation where there'll be a few aging forwards retiring so we can use their $$$ to retain them.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Bearfax said:
(and personally I wouldn't rule out a stand just yet, maybe one day The Brett Stewart/Niccipops stand?)

Based on the first item of this forum. Niccipops struts his/her stuff.

Must admit Manly picked up some of the cream of the NYC comp. If even half of these kids reach their potential, Manly should remain as one of the contenders for a couple of years yet.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Bearfax said:

Wouldn't mind a little cuddle :heart:

From league unlimited:

"Mitch Manson, who has starred in the Central Coast First Grade competition for Woy Woy over the past 2 seasons has signed with Manly"

Dunno anything about him.

joeboy said:
From league unlimited:

"Mitch Manson, who has starred in the Central Coast First Grade competition for Woy Woy over the past 2 seasons has signed with Manly"

Young Manson has been killing them on the paddock

joeboy said:
From league unlimited:

Well, we're not going to be short of fullbacks...

Dan79 said:
joeboy said:
From league unlimited:

Young Manson has been killing them on the paddock

I will pay that

From The Mudgee Guardian

News of his son Mitchell’s train-and-trial with NRL club Manly brought tears to the eyes of Tony Devine.

The Sea Eagles fanatic became emotional when he received a phone call from the northern beaches club a fortnight ago about the prospects of Mitchell playing in the maroon and white jumper in 2013.

“For me, as a father, I was crying,” Tony said.

Mitchell, 18, will head down to Manly in November to try and make a name for himself.

He was one of three players selected to have a train-and-trial with the club, and if he is successful, he could be playing Toyota Cup for Manly next year.

Plenty of Mudgee Dragons players have played in the national under 20s competition including Mitchell’s former under 18s coach Chris Ward, Andy Stott, Ryan Williamson, Brendon Simpson, Tim Condon, Tom Shearman and Josh Jackson.

Jackson will line-up in Sunday’s NRL grand final for Canterbury.

Mitchell looks at Jackson, a Gulgong boy, as an inspiration.

“It just goes to show players from the bush can make it,” Mitchell said.

It has been an incredible ride for Mitchell who only started playing rugby league three years ago.

Since coming across from rugby union, Mitchell’s league career has gone from strength to strength.

Playing under 18s last year, the then Dragons premier league coach Peter Hickman gave him a start in the top grade.

This year, current captain-coach Mat Stott used Mitchell on a regular basis in his first grade team.

The forward utility was in disbelief about his opportunity with the “Silvertails.”

“I’m still in a little bit of shock,” Mitchell said.

“I’m not pinching myself but I’m sure I will before I go to make sure it’s really happening.”

The Group 10 under 18s and Western Academy representative was discovered by 1987 premiership-winning player and Sea Eagles old boy Stuart Davis.

“Stuart went out to one of the [Mudgee] games, the one against Panthers where Mitchell scored the 40-metre try,” Tony said.

“He [Davis] went to see [Geoff] Toovey [Sea Eagles coach] and it went on from there.”

The next thing Tony new he was speaking with Sea Eagles recruitment manager Dave Warwick.

“If you want to play at the top, you just can’t give up. Mitchell has the passion to play the game,” Tony said.

Mitchell wanted to thank everyone who had an involvement in his football career but most notably Col Matthews, Stuart Davis, Peter Hickman and Mat Stott.

niccipops said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Bearfax said:

Wouldn't mind a little cuddle :heart:

I'm just about to turn 62. A big old grizzly bear. Cuddling me would be like cuddling your grand dad with spikes on a growth hormone. Take you months to get over the broken ribs alone.

joeboy said:
From league unlimited:

Any takers on his nickname?:p

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8