2014 DRAW

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A "welcome home" to Georgie 1st up. I'll probably miss it as I'm suppose to be in Auckland that weekend :(

Another NRL fail

After the best promotion the NRL has put together ever in promoting club membership, which is a cracker and rightly points out the fans are the game

Then some boofhead or boofheads leak select parts of the draw to the media. Probably for a few beers or brush over of some news down the track

A media that does more to harm the game than promote it

A big deal should be made of the draw, and the NRL should be directing all fans to there clubs websites in anticipation, instead of reading it in the gutter rags

Piss poor really

Might be an admission the NRL had stuffed up demanding Manly play so many MNF games 2013.

Not sure why he has tweeted before the draw is released. I think "year" means "next year".

https://twitter.com/Todd_Greenberg/status/407995325551370240

Todd Greenberg
Verified account ‏
@Todd_Greenberg

. @Cronulla_Sharks have some great home games this year - only 2 Monday nights at home and 2 away (Manly had 7 last year) #nrl #NRLdraw

Tough start for Manly, playing all of the other 3 top 4 sides from 2013 in the opening month.
Rd 1 v Storm
Rd 2 v Souths
Rd 4 v Roosters

bones said:
Tough start for Manly, playing all of the other 3 top 4 sides from 2013 in the opening month.
Rd 1 v Storm
Rd 2 v Souths
Rd 4 v Roosters

May work to our advantage. Each of our opponents had many key players in the World Cup and could be jaded...
Anyway, it's the matches at the end of the season that really matter.

A quick scan shows us having 2 monday night matches in the first 20 rounds, at least 4 or 5 Sunday games and even a run of three Friday nights in a row

Without a deep dive it looks a heap better than last year

Yep, not a bad draw on first inspection.

RD DATE OPPONENT VENUE HOME/AWAY LOCAL TIME
1 Saturday, Mar 8 (FOX, Fox SS) Storm Brookvale Oval Home 7:00pm
2 Friday, Mar 14 (NINE, Nine FNF B) Souths Bluetongue Stadium Home 7:45pm
3 Sunday, Mar 23 (NINE, Nine Sunday) Eels Brookvale Oval Home 3:00pm
4 Friday, Mar 28 (NINE, Nine FNF S) Roosters Allianz Stadium Away 7:45pm
5 Sunday, Apr 6 (NINE, Nine FNF S) Tigers Leichhardt Oval Away 3:00pm
6 Sunday, Apr 13 (NINE, Nine Sunday) Sharks Brookvale Oval Home 3:00pm
7 Friday, Apr 18 (NINE, Nine FNF S) Cowboys Brookvale Oval Home 7:45pm
8 Sunday, Apr 27 (FOX, Fox Sun 2:00) Raiders Brookvale Oval Home 2:00pm
9 Saturday, May 10 (FOX, Fox SS) Storm AAMI Park Away 7:30pm
10 Monday, May 19 (FOX, Fox MNF) Knights Brookvale Oval Home 7:00pm
11 Bye
12 Sunday, Jun 1 (NINE, Nine FNF S) Broncos Suncorp Stadium Away 3:00pm
13 Friday, Jun 6 (NINE, Nine FNF S) Bulldogs Brookvale Oval Home 7:45pm
14 Bye
15 Saturday, Jun 21 (FOX, Fox SS) Sharks Shark Park Away 7:30pm
16 Friday, Jun 27 (NINE, Nine FNF S) Roosters Brookvale Oval Home 7:45pm
17 Friday, Jul 4 (NINE, Nine FNF S) Bulldogs ANZ Stadium Away 7:45pm
18 Friday, Jul 11 (NINE, Nine FNF SD) Tigers Brookvale Oval Home 7:45pm
19 Monday, Jul 21 (FOX, Fox MNF) Dragons Kogarah Stadium Away 7:00pm
20 Sunday, Jul 27 (FOX, Fox Sun 2:00) Warriors Auckland Away 4:00pm
21 TBA Broncos Brookvale Oval Home
22 TBA Souths SCG Away
23 TBA Titans Skilled Stadium Away
24 TBA Eels Parramatta Stadium Away
25 TBA Panthers Brookvale Oval Home
26 TBA Cowboys Townsville Stadium Away

Unfortunately for you Qlders, Broncos TV is in full swing for the first 10 Fridays.

quick breakdown,
home games:
6 friday night games
1 saturday game
3 sunday games
1 monday night game
away games:
1 friday night
2 saturday games
3 sunday games
1 monday night game

lsz said:
A quick scan shows us having 2 monday night matches in the first 20 rounds, at least 4 or 5 Sunday games and even a run of three Friday nights in a row

Without a deep dive it looks a heap better than last year

I agree, only 2 Mondays and quite a few Friday/ Saturday/ Sunday options, AND back to NZ again ( much to my surprise)

Looks pretty good at a first glance

why would we take a home game against the bunnies up to bluetongue?
surely they could have taken the game against the cowboys or tigers instead.

they must be pretty confident about the china match going ahead- only 1 home game listed to not be played at brookvale

only 4 of the last 12 matches(after the last bye) are home games

Shocking end to the season over final 8 games. Just 2 Brookie games & some away match-ups that often give us trouble. Road trip to Townsville before first semi. Nice one NRL.

19 Monday, Jul 21 (FOX, Fox MNF) Dragons Kogarah Stadium Away 7:00pm
20 Sunday, Jul 27 (FOX, Fox Sun 2:00) Warriors Auckland Away 4:00pm
21 TBA Broncos Brookvale Oval Home
22 TBA Souths SCG Away
23 TBA Titans Skilled Stadium Away
24 TBA Eels Parramatta Stadium Away
25 TBA Panthers Brookvale Oval Home
26 TBA Cowboys Townsville Stadium Away

I agree about the season end
Not the easiest of draws towards the end but we will manage.

I would be happy with 3/6 from our last 6 matches!

Cannot wait for the season to start

Biased I know but of the teams we only play ONCE this year ( Titans, Panthers, Dragons, Raiders, Warriors, Knights ) - 5 of these 6 teams missed the 8 and 1 ( Knights ) just scraped in.

We have drawn the better teams twice again this year - dunno if this is just bad luck or whether we ASK to get certain teams in our draw cause they pull good crowds.

The Dragons never come to Brookie anymore either - seems like once every pancake day.

as good as the china game mite be,
having it in April might derail our season a little with flights/jetlag etc etc..
just a thought..

Play all these twice: Storm Rabbitohs Eels Roosters Tigers Sharks Cowboys Broncos Bulldogs

Play once: Raiders (home/China) Knights (B/V) Dragons (Kograh) Warriors (NZ) Panthers (B/V) Titans (away)

The Indian said:
Biased I know but of the teams we only play ONCE this year ( Titans, Panthers, Dragons, Raiders, Warriors, Knights ) - 5 of these 6 teams missed the 8 and 1 ( Knights ) just scraped in.

We have drawn the better teams twice again this year - dunno if this is just bad luck or whether we ASK to get certain teams in our draw cause they pull good crowds.

The Dragons never come to Brookie anymore either - seems like once every pancake day.

True. We miss out on playing most of this season's lesser teams twice. Also, no Canberra trip, and again we meet the Panthers for the first time in round 25.
However, it is a far better schedule than this year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4