2014 Last Fan Standing Comp - COMPLETED

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pick one team that will win in Round 17

• Bulldogs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cowboys

• Sharks

• Tigers

• Panthers

• Rabbits

• Titans

• Total voters
RE: 2014 Last Fan Standing Comp - OPEN

Congratulations Andrew. You will now have to share with all of us the secret of your success.
This comp is weird, it sounds really easy yet everyone (except Andrew) got smashed.

RiverEagle said:
Why isn't @roscoe still alive??

He picked the Drags too.

Roscoe, probably, wasn't eligible to vote.

And well done Andrew, a great prize to win for sure.

Thanks to everyone who organised and ran the lfs comp.

Free beers for you all (courtesy of Dan)

Well, roscoe is in the Tipping comp...

Isn't that the criteria?

Please explain!

Lol.

Roscoe fell out last week, but kept tipping :p

Congratulations to Andrew - can you forsee Manly's 9th Premiership in 2014 ?

RiverEagle said:
Well, roscoe is in the Tipping comp...

Isn't that the criteria?

Please explain!

Lol.

He's chasing those dukes of hazzard boys.

Thanks everyone, I can't believe I actually won. I have to let you all in on a little secret I didn't initially read the rules of the competition correctly and I thought you weren't allowed to pick the same team twice. That's the reason I took a few of the roughies. :)

Well done anyway @Andrew..

Great effort; fantastic prize; wear or display it with pride, mate!

Andrew.. said:
Thanks everyone, I can't believe I actually won. I have to let you all in on a little secret I didn't initially read the rules of the competition correctly and I thought you weren't allowed to pick the same team twice. That's the reason I took a few of the roughies. :)
Enjoy!

But the Rule is exactly that - you can only pick a Team once during the LFS :D

Geez it was certainly a sprint, the LFS this year!

Wow, what does that say about our collective tipping?

Lol.

Andrew.. said:

Well for that reason alone you deserve the win. Congrats mate. Well done.

Thanks again everyone. I thought the Dragon's had blown it in the last 10 minutes of yesterdays game and who'd of the thought the Sharks would come back from 24 nil.

I've turned my computer room into my little Manly den and this jersey will definitely take pride of place.

Once again thank you to all those people who organised the the competition and special mention to Chip and Chase and to Dan for all his continued efforts in making Silvertails such a great site.

Congratulations and well done with your win Andrew.. :)

HappilyManly said:
Roscoe fell out last week, but kept tipping :p

Congratulations to Andrew - can you forsee Manly's 9th Premiership in 2014 ?

I'm with @RiverEagle and don't understand how Roscoe was still in it. In any case, congratulations to Andrew!

Thanks @Chip and Chase and so is that it for another year? It seems like it's only just started and now it's over already!

Maybe we can have another one just for the hell of it. LOL

PS I've just seen the Wrap Up thread below and answered my own question. Thanks again C & C.

Just to clear up the issue with ineligible votes. I can't prevent people from voting in the poll, even if they aren't paid up tipping comp members or even if they have been previously eliminated from the LFS. If they want to vote I can't stop them, however that doesn't mean their vote counts.

If you look at the very first post in this thread it is updated with each weeks picks and who is, and isn't eliminated. Roscoe picked the Bronocs last week so he is gone.

Congrats Andrew, you bastard! It was with mixed emotions that I watched the last 10 mins of the roosters v sharks match. I have to admit that the chance to win the jersey was stronger than the desire to see the roosters lose.
Enjoy your prize and thanks to those responsible for managing to get such a great prize organised. Well done C&C on your admin efforts.

At 24-0 i admit that I was already thinking about next weeks pick and the slightly smaller field I would have to defeat.

Part of me wanted to take panthers but I thought no way that roosters will lose 2 in a row, especially against a depleted sharks outfit. Trust the roosters to come up with the softest performance seen all year. It's like they did it just to spite me.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4