2014 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Berkeley_Eagle said:
SEA EAGLES SIGN FORMER STORM AND COWBOYS BACK-ROWER
05/08/2014 · by Sea Eagles Blog · in Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, Sea Eagles News, Sea Eagles Player Movement. ·
The Sea Eagles have added another back rower to their 2015 roster following the departure of Glenn Stewart.

Blake Leary from the Northern Pride has signed a two year deal with Manly according to Rhys O’Neill of The Cairns Post.

The 23 year-old grew up on the Gold Coast playing for Keebra Park High School and also represented Queensland U/18’s in 2008.

He was part of the Melbourne Storm U/20’s squad which lifted the trophy in 2009 and captained that same side in 2010 before signing on with the Cowboys in 2011.

In one minor hiccup Leary was suspended for one game in 2011 by the Cowboys’ senior playing group for consuming alcohol during a playing week. After some injury woes he eventually made his NRL debut in 2012 and registered just one more top flight appearance in 2013.

Most of Leary’s Cowboys career was spent playing with feeder club the Northern Pride and it made sense that Leary would join them full time in 2014 as he aimed to gain another crack at the NRL.

“I just think the Pride get the best football out of me,” he told the Cairns Post at the time.

“I was speaking to JD (Pride coach Jason Demetriou) about it and he said his role wasn’t just to coach us for the season, but to also get us playing our best football so we get signed by NRL clubs.”

The edge back rower has been a stand out for the Pride, earning himself a place in the Queensland Resident’s side which defeated New South Wales Resident’s earlier this season in the curtain raiser to Origin III.

The plan certainly worked for Leary with Sea Eagles recruitment manager Dave Warwick commending Leary and the Pride for nurturing his talent.

“Being in a good team helps. They have been very good for Blake,” he said.

“If you are playing well in a good competition you are going to get noticed.

“The coach has to take a fair bit of credit. Jason is a very good coach.

“And Blake is a natural footballer – what you see is what you get.

“He can play on the edge and he can play in the middle. He will really suit our style.”

Leary will most likely play NSW Cup and compete for a bench spot next season as the Sea Eagles have some strong prospects already on the books and coming through the grades.

As Tom Symonds has shown since joining Manly, versatility is always a great asset when trying to force your way in to a side and Leary has spent some time at hooker in the past.

Originally from Mona Vale.

From memory he was going ok when they punted him for Bennett.

In Fact they Finished 7th 11th and 8th with Stone in charge

Well Leary (Blake) from the Northern Pride was obviously the backrow signing rumoured.

So all the talk about Paulo appears to be BS again too.

On coaching...Any confirmation on who's taking the reins at the Titans?

(Neil Henry or not??)

RiverEagle said:
simon64 said:
Zero Tackle reporting that Ben Te'o is off to Irish Rugby from 2015.

Wow that's an odd one if true.

Some blokes clearly only care about the cash.

That's a ridiculously small minded view.

To believe that the NRL comes anywhere close to the level Of European Championship rugby is astounding. You obviously don't watch any Rugby.

Sure he is probably getting paid well but it is the Best Rugby competition in the world that involves the best clubs from 6 nations. It will be a massive challenge for him.

SBW, Mason, Gasnier have all gone to French Rugby but this is a step above that. It's the same comp that S. Burgess is going over to play in.

Stevo said:
RiverEagle said:
simon64 said:
Zero Tackle reporting that Ben Te'o is off to Irish Rugby from 2015.

Wow that's an odd one if true.

Some blokes clearly only care about the cash.

That's a ridiculously small minded view.

To believe that the NRL comes anywhere close to the level Of European Championship rugby is astounding. You obviously don't watch any Rugby.

Sure he is probably getting paid well but it is the Best Rugby competition in the world that involves the best clubs from 6 nations. It will be a massive challenge for him.

SBW, Mason, Gasnier have all gone to French Rugby but this is a step above that. It's the same comp that S. Burgess is going over to play in.

I love my rugby as well can't wait for Saturday night. The Leinster coach Matt O'Connor has played both league and rugby himself. I think Te'o will go well playing in the centres and good luck to him making a quid its his profession and has to look after himself financially for his future

I watch plenty of rugby.

I just prefer League, of the two.

If it were me I'd stay in the NRL long enough to at least win a comp, before I code-hopped for cash.

(Which Teo just might do before he goes end of the year).

As a QLD Origin rep (though Samoan and born in NZ...lol) he'd be on good coin here anyway.

Good luck to him. That's just my view on it.

One of the main attractions of rugby is the ability to play professionally in many parts of the world. His decision may have had little or nothing to do with money.

You can play League in just as many parts of the world, including Europe and the USA.

If the attraction is returning to rugby, he could've got just as great a challenge in Super Rugby, with an Australian or New Zealand franchise.

He's going to play in freezin' Ireland...

To think there's not a significant amount of money coming his way to do that is naive and unrealistic.

There's heaps of money involved because unlike European and USA rugby league, it's a top tier professional sport. And it's twice the competition Super Rugby is.

Stevo said:
There's heaps of money involved because unlike European and USA rugby league, it's a top tier professional sport. And it's twice the competition Super Rugby is.
So true Stevo. A good friend of mine Andrew Everingham former Souths winger is having a blast playing 7s rugby in Japan, plenty of opportunities.

Stevo said:

Well isn't that all I was saying?

He's doing it for a lotta cash (and a challenge of course as any athlete wants).

I beg to differ on the standard though.

I've seen many a bloke interviewed (that's played in Super Rugby and European and/or 6 Nations) and say the standard of Super Rugby is as good as any; including some Tests.

But I take your word, or opinion on it, too.

Time will tell if Teo can reapply his skills back to rugby, and as a centre, not even a forward, too.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10