2015 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the Riff have signed an AFL player from the Gold coast suns
Gold Coast's Josh Hall has joined the NRL's Penrith Panthers on a two-year deal.

Hall, who was raised in Townsville, grew up playing rugby league, before becoming a national high jump champion.

Read more at http://www.zerohanger.com/gold-coast-suns-player-joins-nrl-1928/#xMRstakuyjTzmYib.99
The evolution of the game: tall, high-jumping wingers like Edrick Lee and Daniel Tupou who can catch bombs, boringly hoisted at the end of most sets of six-tackles because of a lack of attacking ideas. A shame, imo, that we may never see the likes of Kenny Irvine or Kerry Boustead who would score tries through pace and a sidestep.

Just read Souths have given Gifty permission to look elsewhere for the 2016 season. He still has 2 years left on his contract! I hope we get him back home!
He has one year left not two. He signed a two year deal.

If Souths are picking up most of the tab and we are paying 100k-150k yes.....otherwise no

I'd love him back for 1 year as Souths would possibly be paying a chunk of his salary but we would still have to come up with $250k or so.

He's certainly worth that not just for his ball playing ability but his defence was sorely missed this year. We need a hard nosed steely type in defence and he would be it.

Add in the Manly culture factor that seems to be sliding away and you have a good cheap buy in my books.

Plus he would get his 200 first grade games up. He deserves that.

Of course this is all hinging on him accepting Cherry as a major part of our team. If he can't and still holds grudges, he can't come back.

I don't want anymore of that crap again.

Last edited:
Gift could be our stop gap 5/8, having said that it is time to move forward not backwards

Ridiculous, he was a great player but time catches up with everyone. Is becoming a crock like his old mate at Parra, no disrespect intended.

This thread is slowly devolving into commentary about potential signings, rather than posting of actual news. There is a thread about Gift already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12