2015 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.
Supported the kid through injury & stuck by him in his darkest times....seems strange to now say goodbye??
Lets be honest, quality outside backs are needed at Manly as Matai/Lyon have been stars but are in their final years....by then Guth will be a necessity Imo....hopefully there's a great plan B because it simply doesn't add up.

RORTERS have been talking to Liam Knight!!

In paper this morning.....no joke.....

If he goes they should sack the lot of them including Bozo......
He is our most promising forward in the 20's.
What happened to the last one.....JWH?

Liam signed a 3 year deal in 2013. He's signed till end of 2016.
Roosters have JWH, Moa, Kane Evans, Liu, Napa in the front row I can't see it happening.

Gutherson story doesn't surprise with Stewart, TT, Hiku in front of him. What would you do if you were him?
Knight story worries me and we are chasing players other clubs don't want.
We need big props and second rowers .....look at the four teams that were left in the comp and see the difference.
Roosters bench would all be in our starting forwards.
Malagi didn't even make the bench!

If these two stories are true, then we have officially become an incubation nursery for other clubs. It was always going to happen when Stewart was re-signed for another couple of years. People were worried that we would start to lose our young guys and it looks as though we are about to. So what happens when Stewart, Lyon and Matai go at the same time? If I was Barrett, I would bolt right now. Oh, well, some fans will be happy, but don't expect a premiership any time soon! Mind-boggling if true...

Read a story dated 18th September on how Liam has signed from 20's to play be blooded for firsts next year.
He will be with us next year. Can not find any story though linking him to the Roosters ?

Should never have signed Stewart to an extension. Best days are past like Myles. Looked little disinterested in some games. TT and Gutho way to go. Just the way it is.........best salary cap management is to let them go at the right time.
Anybody follow the NFL and see what the coach Bill Belichick does with New England Patriots, best salsify cap management .......gets rid of players at right time.....super organisation.
Then again he doesn't have brown paper bags like Nick Politis.

Gutho 100% signed a 2 year deal earlier this year.
He will be only be going to Parra under our terms if this story has any legs.
One would think if true it would involve swap deals for forwards not running on old legs Hoppa. And please no one even joke about the prospect of bringing Choc back :)
Gutho is another potential superstar, we would be crazy to let this kid go lightly! He could also be a running 5/8 option for us.
I would have Gutho at 5/8. I have watched him play there and he is good, rather than Manly waste the $$$$ buying others to fill the roll who are not superstars. I know though Gutho wants to play fullback and doesn't want to be stuck anywhere else, I hope its not true as clubs should be hanging onto their juniors, especially local ones.
I hate to say it but the Trbojevics good players as they both are, will get looked after at Manly before anyone else does thats the way it is

We need to keep our best young players together. I agree with @Remi the kid is a real big chance of being our starting no 6. No way would we want Hoppa over this kid. He ain't gunna be the first choice fullback at either club, what ever is doing we need to fix it, and retain him it is as simple as that.

Should never have signed Stewart to an extension. Best days are past like Myles. Looked little disinterested in some games. TT and Gutho way to go. Just the way it is.........best salary cap management is to let them go at the right time.
Anybody follow the NFL and see what the coach Bill Belichick does with New England Patriots, best salsify cap management .......gets rid of players at right time.....super organisation.
Then again he doesn't have brown paper bags like Nick Politis.
Considering their best player is 38 years old I think it speaks more to the value of some older players. Snake scored his most tries since 2008 this season and, I think, had a great year. Just because he's in his 30's doesn't mean he's done.

Considering their best player is 38 years old I think it speaks more to the value of some older players. Snake scored his most tries since 2008 this season and, I think, had a great year. Just because he's in his 30's doesn't mean he's done.

Oh, please, don't compare a 38 year old quarterback with a 30 plus NRL playing fullback. Apples and oranges much? Somebody mentioned Stewart's poor body language at times as well and I thought the same thing. I just don't get the attitude of fans who don't care about losing our best young kids to keep so many older backs. But that is just me. We won't win another premiership with Lyon, Matai and Stewart in the same team, I can guarantee that.

Some weeks Brett Stewart looks like he is just mailing in the cheque. Not what you want your most senior player to be doing.

Some people might not like it, but some of the 30+ year old guys will have to get the tap on the shoulder in the next year or two. It is stifling the development of juniors coming through, who will otherwise pack their bags and leave.

I guess gutho wants to play first grade and as a full back. At the moment tom t is ahead of him in the pecking order and probably even hiku? Tom T and gutho are not even in the current first grade side but i see them both being in there with injuries next year and in 2017 regular spot. Gutho might want to only play full back?

Original Hit List of 14 Manly Players

THE UNCONTRACTED NINE

Justin Horo: Horo has been linked with a move to French-based Super League club Catalans for 2016.

Dunamis Lui: Lui is sidelined with a knee injury and despite featuring on the unwanted list; the lock has a deal on the table from St George Illawarra.

Jack Littlejohn: The utility half is a Roosters junior who played Holden Cup under Wests Tigers coach Jason Taylor in 2011. It’s understood the 23-year-old half has agreed to reunite with Taylor and join the Tigers in 2016, where he’ll likely be on his last chance to crack it at NRL level.

James Hasson: The 23-year-old is also on the move. An Ireland international, Hasson is close to announcing a one-year deal with Parramatta.

Willie Mason: Has declared publicly he’ll play on in the NRL in 2016 and claims there are several interested parties. It is understood there are two Sydney-based clubs showing interest in the former Test prop but it remains to be seen if the 35-year-old’s going rate can be met.

David Williams: The former Kangaroos winger is well back in Manly’s wing pecking order and likely to retire.

Cheyse Blair: The 23-year-old former Kangaroos schoolboy has played 44 NRL games and would be a handy second-tier pick-up but after two failed NRL stints, suitors won’t be lining up. If he continues at the top level it will more than likely be in the Super League.

Siosaia Vave: The prop is off contract at the end of the year. Only 27 next year, Vave may struggle to get a new club.

Tyson Andrews: The 25-year-old made his NRL debut last year but has not been seen at top level since playing for the Indigenous All Stars at the start of the year.

CONTRACTED AT MANLY IN 2016

Matt Ballin: The hooker recently re-signed on a new two-year deal. A 200 game veteran, 31-year-old Ballin is well established on the northern beaches and may decide to see out his deal before retiring.

Jayden Hodges: Hodges is signed until end of 2016. The 21-year-old has played only 12 top grade games and may find it difficult to find another deal in the NRL. He may get a run at the Titans with the club in the market for a hooker.

Josh Starling: The former South Sydney forward has played 40 games in the NRL, 33 of those for the Sea Eagles. Under contract for next year, Starling shapes as a handy pick-up for clubs who are light up front, putting him on the radar alongside Andrews at the Knights and Titans.

Luke Burgess: The forward only joined the club this year after securing an early release from South Sydney. Contracted to Brookvale until the end of 2016, the 28-year-old is considering a move to Japanese rugby.

Feleti Mateo: The former Eel and Warrior finds himself in a unique situation with potentially three clubs paying his wage next year.

There is obviously something happening behind the scenes that we are not privy too....again.

Talk that Gutherson wants to play only full back has me rather confused because he signed a contract earlier this year until 2017 and he did it at the same time Tom T. signed for that period. Now he would know that Tom is ear marked for full back, so why did he sign then. I suspect either someone has snuck in the back door and offered him big cash to play at Parra with an assured f/b position, an act that I thought was illegal under the rules of the code. Either that or Manly want Hopoate back to cover centre and are willing to sacrifice Gutherson. Something dirty afoot. And then there's the offer to Knight we assume from Easts. Is that legal given he's contracted to Manly until the end of 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14