2015 Yart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Clint said:
For me personally, doing what is right for my family has absolutely nothing at all to do with $$$.

I think that money is always an important consideration in any job or decision, but it can't be the only one. I agree that players need to look after themselves and their career is short, which is why I subscribe to the idea you need to cultivate a good image in the game while you can (whilst still making good coin).

That is why people like Beaver are such marketable commodities. He is revered by us, but also he is highly regarded and respected in Rugby League circles.

DCE comes across as an intelligent young man who knows the value of his public image. I hope he see a $1.2m offer from the Broncos (or whoever) as not as enticing as a $900k (or thereabouts) offer from us. Firstly winning more comps only enhances his stake with QLD, Australia and his status in the game and secondly showing loyalty to a club that picked him up when others dumped him, can only increase his marketability.

Ryan said:
Edit: If DCE is suggesting he'll go to the highest bidder as well, then lets move on and look at our long term future. How can these types of players expect our monetary support given this ****house Gen Y attitude? ... em.

Where did DCE suggest this? Don't let facts get in the way of an opportunity for you to have another Gen-Y moan.

Manly To Win! said:
Stop with all the negativity already, it's getting extremley annoying. And I seriously doubt all of those players will leave/ would leave without Manly signing new players, so this thread's a pointless exercise. Too many people stupid enough to believe what the media says.

Dude, I told everyone about Watmoughs dollars and noone believed me. Now im telling you from the horses mouth they were in a cafe bragging to all and sundry that Foz and Choc are at the Eels and Stewart elsewhere (Titans he said).

That's not the media. Its the cancer, and I want it ****ed off so I cam support a team that bleeds the club again.

Ober them all.

We have other options (and would remain competitive) is what I'm saying.

voicefromthehill said:
Ryan said:
Edit: If DCE is suggesting he'll go to the highest bidder as well, then lets move on and look at our long term future. How can these types of players expect our monetary support given this ****house Gen Y attitude? ... em.

Where did DCE suggest this? Don't let facts get in the way of an opportunity for you to have another Gen-Y moan.

Gen Y are a bunch of give me everything, because im owed it all just because ****s.

Hopefully the next gen want to earn their keep, not plastered to their retarded phones.

You think we are losing the cancerous (your flogging of a dead horse repeatedly opinion)
Dce
Foran
Snake
Watmough
Matai
You also think we can still compete with losing our 5 best players.

Your negativity & deliriousness astounds me.

How is Ryan being negative? If anything I find it overly optimistic that we think we could lose that calibre of player and still be competitive

Ryan said:
Ok, worst case, lets say:

Jason King - retires
Glenn Stewart - Souths
Kieran Foran - Eels
Anthony Watmough - Eels
Steve Matai - released
Brett Stewart - released
David Williams - retires / released

01. Clinton Gutherson
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Peta Hiku
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Cheyse Blair
06. Jack Littlejohn
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Josh Starling
11. Justin Horo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Jayden Hodges or Tom Trbojevic
15. Jesse Sene-Lefao
16. Dunamis Lui
17. Jake Trbojevic

I reckon we can compete with that, and with the masses amounts of cap space we'd have, add maybe one or TWO marquee players like we did those years ago with Kite / Kennedy.

Maybe a player like Carney, without his bull****.

the Telecrap see this thread and see pic

This thread is super ridiculous. The NRL won't let us play at 2.5 million plus under the salary cap which realese of these players would create.

If Ryan is correct about Gen Y we could be in more trouble than I thought. Pretty sure most of the baby boomers and Gen X are already locked into long term contracts with other clubs.

lsz said:
How is Ryan being negative? If anything I find it overly optimistic that we think we could lose that calibre of player and still be competitive

That was the deliriousness part .

SeaEagleRock8 said:
If Ryan is correct about Gen Y we could be in more trouble than I thought. Pretty sure most of the baby boomers and Gen X are already locked into long term contracts with other clubs.

We could always bring back Cliffy, and build a team of 15 year olds around him.

Ryan said:
Daveagle said:
Seriously dumbest post of the year !!!

Instead of coming across as very simple, and maybe a drunk without a job, how about suggesting why?

Perhaps you missed the connotation here? Ill spell it out a little more simply. If we let go all those that were being cancerous to the club vocally, we'd still be quite competitive, and perhaps could acquire a blue chip player or two, that you know, may want to actually play for the colours and not have their bags packed ready to shoot off asap.

Sorry I didn't get back earlier Ryan, but I've been busy sobering up after a hard day of job searching .

No need for insults mate, I did not call you dumb, just the context of your post and it's timing. We are knee deep in this years comp with an awesome chance of GF glory, so let's get behind that eh?

Worrying about 2015 and beyond is in my opinion a waste of emotions just now. Plenty of time for YART's in the off season .

No actually, it's always the right time for a Yart in these parts. It's in the Terms and conditions (or if not, it should be) :D

Players have to at least ply their trade a little,they are only around for 10 years or so give them a little slack, i'm sure their managers would be playing on all the hype, Lets see what happens ......no one leaves...I hope..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4