2016 NRL Grand Final - Sharks v Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If the refs have a set of wheels next week and tell Smith and gronk to p*ss off then the sharks have a chance.
I very much doubt it will happen though.
Nonetheless I'll be going for the sharks.
I couldn't go for the scum if they were playing Isis.
I could if they were playing the slime though.
Go sharks.
To hell with the Sharks !!!

We've beaten them both in grand finals so I don't care, hate them both, infact I hate all the other 15 teams in the comp but manly to be honest :devil:

Last edited by a moderator:
refs looked to have been told to get the Storm a win against Canberra so assuming they are the NRL backed team so expect them to win.

It's a tough choice but it's just so funny that the Sharks have never won and that laugh will be gone forever if they win. I'm not sure I can cope with that.
We always have Parra and their 30 yr drought and constant self mutilation to laugh at but.

Secret shame time

My brother is a sharks tragic. Does anyone have the inside word on GF tickets? Or is there a members code (I did not get it this year )

Hate both teams, but my hate for the purple scum trumps all.
Can't stand Scam Smith and Cronk.... sick of seeing the look of joy on their smug faces (origin mainly).
Plus the fact they show no remorse for 4 years of cheating and still openly consider themselves premiership winners in 07 and 09.
I want to see them lose more than the Sharks.
I'd be happy if a meteor hit the stadium at about 8pm.

Man, what a choice.

Cronulla have Fifita, Ennis and their coach and are S*per league zhite.. The others one's are a stain on Rugby League and as others have said have that grubby little man Smith ...

probably make do with the AFL then... So it's Footscray for me.

It's like trying to work out which eye to poke the burnt stick into. The one upside if Storm win is that it continues the Sharks premiership drought......there is no upside if Sharks win. Ergo I will be cheering Storm, not openly, but just internally whilst not watching the game

Comparing a team given the rails run since inception, and a team who has struggled to survive like the Sharks. If you Manly supporters are on the purple scum??? fmd...unbelievable
No rail run whatsoever compared to what GWS have received, how on earth was Melbourne going to attract or retain players unless they paid a premium in a state that had zero talent pool.

Either way they have been punished unlike other clubs who were just as bad in this area during the same time period and years later.

Opposition fans complained they only won premierships while breaking the cap, then achieved the same again off the back of basically just 3 players and an average pack, now striving to do it again with a better pack which is not as good as fans make out with ageing class--- an under-rated half back compared to the over-rated Thurston and the best leader in the competition in Smith.

Respect the Storm in more ways than one---without the quality of the Storm back in 06-09 Manly would not have achieved the same heights---the bar was not set high enough before Melb existed for Manly to have something to strive for.

The Sharks winning is the fairytale victory that's for the best for the game as a whole, and almost a guarantee they will not make the final four next year. Not unlike South Sydney's drought. It's not at Manly's expense so let's be done with it.

The Storm is just more of the same. Six Grand Finals in eleven years. It'll be a total dud of a game if they win, not unlike 2012. They'll make the finals next year and drop out either way, better to see it out without them being tagged as 'the defending premiers' throughout 2017 in my opinion.

Good point Andrew . Let us all hope that Green becomes a premiership winner so he can pass over the experience to our side .
I liked the "feathered friend" sign off. How about a compromise where every second post signs off with it?

giphy.gif

Maybe just maybe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8