2016 salary cap breakdown

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Third party agreements??.............

How many active Silvertails members are we??

How much have you spent on memberships etc???

I'm afraid it's time to build a kitty jar my feathered friends!! And buy ourselves a little Bird!!

Buy A little bird!!! Yeah Dan doesn't do much house work around here. All the posts are a friggin mess. A little bird might be a bit nicer on the eye then you too Dan ;-)

Actually my mate Siro knows a nice little blonde bird. She must be a bit hard up on her luck at the moment too. She must really need to get some cash together cause at the moment, apparently the poor bird she, shes got no bed.

She sure was lucky Siro's such a nice bloke. He even said she could crash in his bed for a bit. Such a warm hearted gentleman he is. He didn't want to make this bird embarrassed so he wore his boardies to bed. Now I am not sure if this bird snores. But apparently she may not be able to crash back at Siro's again.

But if we're going to buy a bird. Can we help this little darlin out?

Isn't Packer associated to souffs through sponsorship? If so, then he is not allowed to supply any TPAs.
Pretty easy to get around the sponsor rule as it is based on an entity and not the individual.
Packer's myriad of companies a la Politis at the Rorters, allows them to sponsor and be part of a TPA.

Then we have all the mates rates deals going on in real estate with the Cows and Eels etc.

The reported contract value of a Player does not help in guesstimating what the hit to the Club's Cap is.@:cool:

Chez is also not the first million $ player by a long shot. The Media just like to knock him as he is a self assured player and carries the Manly bias to boot.:mad:

ATO would have the best view of what these players earn each year, as most sportsmen are on an automatic audit list :sweating:

Hiku is on 330 by the way. I remember that from his last resigning.

Was offered overs by the dogs or wars but chose to stay for less at Manly.

1 Brett Stuart 600
2 George tofua. 200
3 Steve Matai 500
4 Jamie Lyon. 600
5 Peta hiku. 200
6 tom trbojevic 150.
7 DCE $$ 1300.
8 Nate Myles 500
9 API koroisau 200
10 Jake trbojevic 150
11 Jamie buhrer 250
12 Lewis brown 250.
13 Martin toupou 600
Your maths might be as suspect as your spelling @Mango

I would suggest up to a 1/3 of DCE's contract would be a TPA with Fox Sports, he will be featured regularly on there in 2016.

Just wondering how you got hold of some players contracts since some of those figures are known?

A lot of the rules have changed. Some things you have missed are:-

NRL 2016 Salary Cap: 6.8 million (min salary of $80k)

+ Long Serving Player Allowance ($200K) for eligible players who have played eight continuous years of grade football with that club including Holden Cup and NSW Cup. I can think of B Stewart, Steve Matai, Jamie Buhrer & others.

+ $600,000 - Marquee Player Allowance - any or all of the Top 25 players at each club can share in payments made by club sponsors seeking to use a player's intellectual property. These may be guaranteed in the playing contract by clubs. I'm thinking DCE here. That would reduce his cap hit to only $600 odd thousand.

Unlimited Third Party Agreements - Players can earn unlimited amounts from corporate sponsors who are not associated with the club and who do not use the game's intellectual property (no club logos, jerseys or emblems) provided these are pre-approved. These agreements may not be negotiated by the club as an incentive for a player to sign a contract, nor can they be guaranteed by the club.

Payments for players outside Top 25 of $440,000 can be made - Cap for all players outside of the top 25 who compete in the Telstra Premiership. Manipulate this how you will.

You'll find that not only are we under the cap, but I'd say we have a fair bit of wiggle room. People also massively exaggurate what players earn. I was told Choc was making $900k by some, when his contract never went over 450k at his peak.

Such a pointless exercise, between TPA's, marquee allowances, long service allowances, front loading, back loading and clubs picking up part tabs on released players who really knows what is going on

Do not forget back loading / front loading which makes it even more difficult

I guess the point is that the decision makers do need to be ruthless at times. Every $ one player gets is a $ not available for someone else.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6