2017 Captain

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
What about Kapow?....plays big minutes now and....hmmmm nah, just tuck it under and power through without thinking....lead without a C next to the name....
Myles been just a big log...would think an ideal captain with big experience , but lacks heart for the Manly emblem....get it from game 1 in 2017 Myles or f#*# off
Jake is young, hungry and agree his humble personality appears too shy for the gig but, make NO mistake- will captain Manly for the next decade proudly in style.

I thought about Myles stepping up and paying us back for some of the massive overs he is being paid ... but I don't think he will spend enough time on field .... hopefully he is inspiring and mentoring the young guns now that he has matured somewhat ... maybe that's where his real value lies
I heard he's barred from the hallwaysof the Brookie travelodge?:flogger:

Co-captains DCE and Jake. DCE needs to have part of the role because he is central to the strategy and direction of the play. I think he rubs some people up the wrong way, because he has strong opinions and confidence, which is essential for a captain. The extra pressure would actually be removed in that he is not having to follow someone else's lead. A Captain in the backs requires strategic nous. But in the forwards, good leadership requires much more to do with energy and leading by example, which I think Jake would be ideal at

I thought about Myles stepping up and paying us back for some of the massive overs he is being paid ... but I don't think he will spend enough time on field .... hopefully he is inspiring and mentoring the young guns now that he has matured somewhat ... maybe that's where his real value lies
I really wouldnt be suprised if Myles does step up and have a massive year.I never see him being a "Beast" again ,but if he can stay healthy ,theres no reason he cant be Mr Dependable and plug away on the tackle counts.

Jake hands down, screw press conferences this kid hates losing and loves Manly.
He'll get used to the press stuff in time, IMO there is no better on field leader than Jake.

Firstly you need to define and understand the role of a captain.

95% of the Captains role is done well away from the game. Attending NRL functions and press conferences. He is the coaches assistant at setting the team values and expectations, he is the guy that by example at training pushes himself and his team mates to go harder and faster, he's the guy that lets you know that he won't accept good enough. And he is the guy that during a game lets you know that giving up is not an option.

And he is the guy that nobody wants to let down.

During the game, apart from leading by example, the only duties I see are arguing with the ref to slow the play down ... (not something you want DCE doing) ...

In the case of Melbourne, Cam**** is the Captain, but you will notice when they are given a penalty he looks towards Cronk to see what he wants to do.

So, who do you want to be team leader away from the game and who do you want to argue with the ref's during the game?

Firstly you need to define and understand the role of a captain.

95% of the Captains role is done well away from the game. Attending NRL functions and press conferences. He is the coaches assistant at setting the team values and expectations, he is the guy that by example at training pushes himself and his team mates to go harder and faster, he's the guy that lets you know that he won't accept good enough. And he is the guy that during a game lets you know that giving up is not an option.

And he is the guy that nobody wants to let down.

During the game, apart from leading by example, the only duties I see are arguing with the ref to slow the play down ... (not something you want DCE doing) ...

In the case of Melbourne, Cam**** is the Captain, but you will notice when they are given a penalty he looks towards Cronk to see what he wants to do.

So, who do you want to be team leader away from the game and who do you want to argue with the ref's during the game?

hmmm better bring back T-Rex

Young Jake has been the forward leader since the day he stepped onto the field with his follow me style, obvious passion for the game, never say die attitude and love of representing the club.

No other choice IMHO, he may not be as comfortable in the after match press conferences as some other club captains but that'll change with time, exposure to the job and some media coaching.

Give him the big "C" after his name and watch him blossom into one of our best ever Captains.

Maybe even Tom as the VC.

Jake is ready made for the roll. Who cares how he handles press conferences. He will only improve with public speaking exposure and when he gains control of the team. Jamie Lyon had a co-cap in King so he didn't have to handle the press but look how that turned out. Yes DCE has a strong case but imo would benefit not to have added responsibility and just focus on his game.
Jake already has the full respect of the squad and i dare say when he talks up they will all listen. Very rare to see this in a player so young but he is ready.

I'm really really surprised no one has picked one of our major buys, who has a heap of international experience.

Lewis Brown

He's the man for the job!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12