2017 Captain

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dankseagles

Reserve Grader
So who should captain Manly in 2017? I know we will all have our different ideas and opinions but keen to get everyone's thoughts. Jake is the obvious first choice but i also think Lussick could be a great leader. He does the push the boundary with his aggression but i think 2017 he will play smarter. Darcy leads from the front and being captain could take his game to the next level.

It seems obvious that you need a captain who is on the field all match - not being replaced regularly. So that leaves one choice: Cherry-Evans.
While I'm sure Jake would be a good, strong captain he may not play the entire match.

Jake was definately groomed for it (even though he looked like a deer in headlights & close to tears sometimes).I think Darcy would do a good job also ,but one great year doesnt fill your resume.
Dce probably should be captain ,but the less on his mind the better ,cant handle more than one thing at a time.

Jake was definately groomed for it (even though he looked like a deer in headlights & close to tears sometimes).I think Darcy would do a good job also ,but one great year doesnt fill your resume.
Dce probably should be captain ,but the less on his mind the better ,cant handle more than one thing at a time.
I think DCE rubs some people up the wrong way. Not sure a prickly captain is the way to go. I may be wrong but think he could be too divisive. But I've been wrong on more than one occasion! ;)

I was a bit concerned with some Jake interviews etc how nervous he looked. Whilst he will be a natural leader and let his play do the talking i think the modern captains needs to let his play do the talking and be able to use his words and personality wisely both on and off the field.

one more year from killer would have been good @:( ... Jake still has some maturing to do ... Blake Green ?...

one more year from killer would have been good @:( ... Jake still has some maturing to do ... Blake Green ?...
I have thought that would be a good option, co-captains with Green and Jake would be good(I think with Taupau playing in second row we may see Jake play the full 80 or close to it each week),Green would be a good option as I don't think there would be many inside the team who would have an issue with it.Even being new would not be a problem,Buhrer is a chance to be a co-captain at knights even though he has just arrived.

I always thought that as part of dce life deal that he would get captian at some point.

I do worry captain and playmaker may be a little much for him given he has a quiet couple of years.

Something killer always managed very well was both responsibilities.

i dont doubt we will go the co captain route ... not a fan of it personally but no one really stands out... i dont think green should be even considered, a journeyman in his first year at manly doesnt deserve the c in my opinion...
They will most likely go myles and dce... or jake and dce, some combination along those lines

i dont doubt we will go the co captain route ... not a fan of it personally but no one really stands out... i dont think green should be even considered, a journeyman in his first year at manly doesnt deserve the c in my opinion...
They will most likely go myles and dce... or jake and dce, some combination along those lines

remember Michael Monahan, the journeyman, he was a pretty handy captain in 2005

remember Michael Monahan, the journeyman, he was a pretty handy captain in 2005
ummmm 2 points... a) monahagn played at raiders from 01-03 then manly from 04-07 and warrington 08-14.... hardly a journeyman... thats 3 clubs in a 14 year career.... manly will be greens 7th club in 10 years... kind of different story dont ya think????
and b) atleast monners had been at manly for a season before being captain in 05... green hasnt played 1 minute of game time in a manly jersey, not really ideal to be named captain in my opinion

I thought about Myles stepping up and paying us back for some of the massive overs he is being paid ... but I don't think he will spend enough time on field .... hopefully he is inspiring and mentoring the young guns now that he has matured somewhat ... maybe that's where his real value lies

If I had my way it would be Buhrer, at least as co-captain (I know, I should get over it @:rolleyes:)
Disagree with DCE - would prefer he focus on his halfback role and earn his $.
There's no real stand-out for me other than Jake, though he's young and inexperienced....but I guess the only way to get experience is to do it :nod:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8