2017 Starting Line Up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dankseagles

Reserve Grader
Ok now that the dust has settled and we assume no more players are coming to Manly i would be interested to know what your starting line up looks like. I'm naming my team on the assumption that everyone is fit AND Locke has a successful return in the trials. And on the assumption that Stewart and Matai aren't lining up. I know team lists aren't everyone's cup of tea but i'm already scratching my head about who will be named in 2017! Bring it on!

Mine is as follows:
Turbo
Uate
Kelly
Walker
Taufua
Green
DCE
Lussick
Parcell
Taupau
Jake
Lane
Sironen

AFB
Myles
Lawrence
Api

Hope I haven't missed anyone!

Last edited:
Ok now that the dust has settled and we assume no more players are coming to Manly i would be interested to know what your starting line up looks like. I'm naming my team on the assumption that everyone is fit AND Locke has a successful return in the trials. And on the assumption that Stewart and Matai aren't lining up. I know team lists aren't everyone's cup of tea but i'm already scratching my head about who will be named in 2017! Bring it on!

Mine is as follows:
Turbo
Uate
Kelly
Walker
Taufua
Green
DCE
Lussick
Parcell
Taufua
Jake
Lane
Sironen

AFB
Myles
Lawrence
Api

Jorge in the front row? No Walker?

If we were playing on potential and assuming Snake and Skivvi are goneskis.

1) Turbo
2) Taufua
3) Walker
4) Kelly
5) Locke
6) Green
7) DCE
8) Lussick
9) Parcell
10) Myles
11) Taupau
12) Sironen
13) Jake

14) Brown
15) Lawrence
16) AFB
17) Lane/Hopoate/Meehan

Nice looking team. Don't see Tafua there at this stage. At least until he gets a contract for next year.

1) Turbo
2) Uate
3) Walker
4) Kelly
5) Locke
6) Green
7) DCE
8) Lussick
9) Parcell
10) AFB
11) Tapau
12) Sirronen
13) Treb

14) Brown
15) Myles
16) Lawrence
17) Lane
Taufua does have a contract.

Too hard when we don't know if Brett Stewart / Steve Matai are playing. If they put their hand up to go around again, we would be pretty stacked.

01. Tom Trbojevic / Brett Stewart / Ohmar Schlaimankel
02. Jorge Taufua / Jonathan Wright / Tom Wright
03. Steve Matai / Brian Kelly / Kevin Locke
04. Dylan Walker / Matthew Wright
05. Akuila Uate / Brad Parker
06. Blake Green / Cameron Cullen
07. Daly Cherry-Evans / Peta Godinet
08. Darcy Lussick / Willis Meehan
09. Matt Parcell / Apisai Koroisou
10. Addin Fanua-Blake /
11. Marty Taupau / Billy Bainbridge
12. Curtis Sironen / Frank Winterstein
13. Jake Trbojevic / Jamil Hopoate

14. Lewis Brown
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. Nate Myles
17. Shaun Lane

Too hard when we don't know if Brett Stewart / Steve Matai are playing. If they put their hand up to go around again, we would be pretty stacked.

01. Tom Trbojevic / Brett Stewart / Ohmar Schlaimankel
02. Jorge Taufua / Jonathan Wright / Tom Wright
03. Steve Matai / Brian Kelly / Kevin Locke
04. Dylan Walker / Matthew Wright
05. Akuila Uate / Brad Parker
06. Blake Green / Cameron Cullen
07. Daly Cherry-Evans / Peta Godinet
08. Darcy Lussick / Willis Meehan
09. Matt Parcell / Apisai Koroisou
10. Addin Fanua-Blake /
11. Marty Taupau / Billy Bainbridge
12. Curtis Sironen / Frank Winterstein
13. Jake Trbojevic / Jamil Hopoate

14. Lewis Brown
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. Nate Myles
17. Shaun Lane

I'm not one for YARTS, and of course you are the man @Ryan that every YART is named after.

HOWEVER , we will only have a squad of 25, SO how about giving your best shot at

A) Our first run on side
B) The 8 others who will mainly feature in 2017
C) 5 possibles if disaster strikes again and we have to use 30 players ( like we did in 2016)

Over to you buddy!!!!

HOWEVER , we will only have a squad of 25, SO how about giving your best shot at

I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure first grade squad numbers go up next season. From memory i seem to have the numbers 27 and 30 in my mind. I think there was a five year plan to have it eventually increase to 36 by 2020. Someone better at the ol' google machine might be able to find the articles i may / may not be imagining.

I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure first grade squad numbers go up next season. From memory i seem to have the numbers 27 and 30 in my mind. I think there was a five year plan to have it eventually increase to 36 by 2020. Someone better at the ol' google machine might be able to find the articles i may / may not be imagining.

Oh, news to me!!

For all the bitching and moaning about bozo, zorba, the penns etc, I reckon we are two good first graders away from being genuine contenders - another prop and another outside back. Given the dilemma we have with snake and matai, that's not bad recruiting in my book.

Spot on, and finally I can see the plan!!

If we were playing on potential and assuming Snake and Skivvi are goneskis.

1) Turbo
2) Taufua
3) Walker
4) Kelly
5) Locke
6) Green
7) DCE
8) Lussick
9) Parcell
10) Myles
11) Taupau
12) Sironen
13) Jake

14) Brown
15) Lawrence
16) AFB
17) Lane/Hopoate/Meehan
I reckon that's giw we will line up. They won't drop Myles, although they should. I would also take him (if up to me) out of the front row and tell him his job is to tackle and that's pretty much it. He doesnt make metres and I can't see that improving. I would make him come off the bench as a second rower and move Kapow to the middle. The rest seems likely to me. Meehan/Hoppa are the two I am excited about... Brown does need to be there for utility value. Uate will be in the side, can't see him not being there.

Where? Haven't been able to find anything about it. Did he activate an extension or something?

Only this article from
foxsports from a couple of months ago. Players with no contract for 2017.

MANLY

Off contract — Pita Godinet, Fabian Goodall, Nathan Green, Jayden Hodges, Isaac John, Blake Leary, Tony Satini, Josh Starling, Jorge Taufua, Brayden Wiliame
He wouldn't be at training without a contract.

Mine is as follows:
Turbo
Uate
Kelly
Walker
Taufua
Green
DCE
Lussick
Parcell
Taupau
Jake
Lane
Sironen

AFB
Myles
Lawrence
Api

Close but the forwards will most definately look like this, good side either way though just more impact with Taupau at second row.

8. Darcy Lussick
9. Matt Parcell
10. Addin Fonua-Blake (have full trust in him, great young player)
11. Marty Taupau
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic (better at lock, can shift around field and help in areas where good defence is lacking, also good for our attack)

Bench won't have two utility players, so Api or brown will play reggies, likely brown will wear the 14 although personally I'd have api there.

My preferred bench'd be as follows...
14. Api Korisau
15. Willis Meehan/Shaun Lane
16. Nate Myles/Jamil Hoppa
17. Brenton Lawrence

Last edited by a moderator:
If Brett Stewart plays, put him at fullback and Turbo at centre. If not Turbo at fullback and Kelly at centre.

1. Brett Stewart/Tom Trbojevic
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Dylan Walker
4. Tom Trbojevic/Brian Kelly
5. Akulia Uate
6. Blake Green
7. Daly Cherry Evans
8. Darcy Lussick
9. Matt Parcell
10. Brenton Lawrence
11. Martin Taupau
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Api Koroisau/Lewis Brown
15. Willis Meehan
16. Addin Fonua-Blake
17. Jamil Hopoate/Shaun Lane

Obviously injuries will creep in our squad but let's hope it's not as bad as 2015 or 2016.

That is the biggee. Given Matai is out, who puts their hand up for the second centre spot. It may make the Auckland 9's a genuine trial.

Contenders are;

Parker, Locke, Kelly, one of the wrights, Brown, Slimyankle

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8