2017 Team Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm pretty confident some of our biggest signings will be players who as of right now are contracted to other clubs for 2017.

Think you are right, and also think we won't have a greatly different team until 2018, there's not many that we'd want off contract in 2017, Gillett & Solomona are two I'd take in a heartbeat but just about any else are nothing but fill ins.

Think you are right, and also think we won't have a greatly different team until 2018, there's not many that we'd want off contract in 2017, Gillett & Solomona are two I'd take in a heartbeat but just about any else are nothing but fill ins.

It all depends on Stewart and Matai, if they both go at the end of this year then we'll have a ton of cap space and I'm sure it will lead to some Taupau/Walker style signings.

It all depends on Stewart and Matai, if they both go at the end of this year then we'll have a ton of cap space and I'm sure it will lead to some Taupau/Walker style signings.

Yep, there's 1.2 million in cap space right there, and you'd have to say with that back in the basket anything would be possible!

Talkin sh*t on 2sm just had some bloke linking Gillett to the warriors.
Probably not the most reliable source.
I thought he was bozos priority one signing.
I wish it was that giant from the storm Asofa-Solomona

So we know Lyon, Feliti, Symonds, Bargarse have gone from this years squad along with possibly Starling, Snake and Matai, I am guessing BJ and Hodges might be on the chopping block as well?

Coming are Green and possibly Uate, Gillet, Cullen from Titans along with Meehan pending clearance Therefor assuming our top 25 would be;

1. turbo
2. Williame
3. Walker
4. Wright
5. Jorge
6. Green
7. dce
8. Lussick
9. Api
10. Fonua Blake
11. Tapau
12. Gillet
13. Jake
14. Parcell
15. Brurher
16. Meehan
17. Myles
18. Winterstein
19. Leary
20. Brown
21. Green (n)
22. Cullen
23. Nicho Hynes if not Under 20s

Parker, Wright,etc will still be Under 20s.

To me there are a couple of spots left for a new centre and forward. Or they could be filled by Matai/Snake and BJ.

Hope I haven't missed any one

I would personally like to see Kieran Foran return, and an entire new coaching staff, with a proven track record, that are actually 'Manly' people. Barrett and his coaching staff have been appalling. Irrespective of injuries, their list management, recruitment and general decision making is a joke.

Manly will struggle to attract players while the current coaching staff is in place. That to me shows how bad they actually are as, we are a club that players have always aspired to represent.

Manly@Capital are you Chief?

If you are chief where have you been mate? We have been calling you on for months to come and explain to us all the details of what happened to the eels this year. You were on here boasting about Foran and Watmough going to the Eels for months mate? What happened there? In 35 years of watching NRL I have never seen a pair of worse signings than those two.

If you are not Chief then my apologies.

Last edited:
Manly will struggle to attract players while the current coaching staff is in place. That to me shows how bad they actually are as, we are a club that players have always aspired to represent.
Yes really struggled so far, especially with Walker and Tapau etc

I even think in a worst case scenario we look ok. Let's say, just for kicks:

+ Brett Stewart wants to play his last year
+ Steve Matai feels ok, and wants another year
+ We sign say Uate (which people don't like I see)
+ We re-sign some of our existing players
+ Walker gets another shot at 5/8 with a fit team around him
+ We sign no-one else

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Tom Trbojevic
05. Akuila Uate
06. Dylan Walker
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Darcy Lussick
11. Marty Taupau
12. Lewis Brown
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Apisai Koroisou
15. Addin Fanua-Blake
16. Siosaia Vave/ Brenton Lawrence
17. Nate Myles

That team is at least competitive, and worthy of a top 8 finish. We needn't stress too much, because anything happens FROM this position, we only get better.

We need not worry in my opinion.

Tapau has been passable but Walker has not lived up to the hype. The most surprising recruit, imo, has been Api. I admire his enthusiasm.
True but Walker was played out of position. I'm talking more about when he was recruited - he was a Kangaroo level centre.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4