2018 Team.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

brad

First Grader
The side i can come up with if these signings come to fruition. 1 T Trbojevic 2 A Uate 3 D Walker 4 B Kelly 5 J Taufua 6 M Moylan 7 D Cherry-Evans 13 J Trbojevic 12 J Thompson 11 C Sironen 10 M Taupau 9 A Koroisau 8 D Lussick ..... I won't go into the Bench as it will chop and change, as you would expect Afb and brown but will change around throughout the year. That there with what we more than likely will have, is a pretty strong side that should walk into the top 4 .

Has Tafua been re-signed? I wonder if he will be a casualty of the salary cap dance? I'm thinking he might be and Brad Parker will come into the starting side.

With new additions signing and players coming up from the grades there will be spots up for grabs
1 Turbo
2. Taufua
3. Walker
4. Up for grabs
5. Uate
6. Up for grabs
7. DCE
8. Marty
9. Api
10. Up for Grabs
11. Sironen
12. Up for grabs
13. Jake
The bench
13. AFB
14. 15. 16. Up for grabs

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Toafofoa Sipley

Coach: Trent Barrett

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Toafofoa Sipley

Thats a great side, top 4 worthy and if we pick up Thompson or Moylan we could be looking top 2. If Thompson comes he pushes Frank to the bench.

Has Tafua been re-signed? I wonder if he will be a casualty of the salary cap dance? I'm thinking he might be and Brad Parker will come into the starting side.
They were going to resign him at one stage , but nothing . Maybe waiting on his recovery or signings . I put him in because i think we need him and can't see anyone taking him after his setback.

With new additions signing and players coming up from the grades there will be spots up for grabs
1 Turbo
2. Taufua
3. Walker
4. Up for grabs
5. Uate
6. Up for grabs
7. DCE
8. Marty
9. Api
10. Up for Grabs
11. Sironen
12. Up for grabs
13. Jake
The bench
13. AFB
14. 15. 16. Up for grabs
Should be close , i was only filling in with the possible signings.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
08. Darcy Lussick
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Addin Fonua-Blake
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Toafofoa Sipley

Ryan its a good side and pretty much the side we had this year with the addition of Jorge and Sipley who i think will get a bench spot . But you have Green in , do you think we will keep him ?

Ryan its a good side and pretty much the side we had this year with the addition of Jorge and Sipley who i think will get a bench spot . But you have Green in , do you think we will keep him ?

Just looking at the likely scenario mate. We've got a great team, and an improving culture. I'd love players like Moylan and Thompson, but they are very unlieky to move.

Just looking at the likely scenario mate. We've got a great team, and an improving culture. I'd love players like Moylan and Thompson, but they are very unlieky to move.
Fair call, i suppose its better to look what we have in front of us as a definite side to the maybe . I still think Moylan is a definite , but we'll see Cheers mate.

Your side listed is exactly what would be rolled out provided we sign no-one else, and I like the look of it. Although Thompson seemed very conceded when asked whether he wants to stay at St George and Moylan is evidently unhappy at Penrith, plus the club hasn't shut down either rumour yet which is good. One thing for sure is that i'd be happy with the side regardless of whether we sign Moylan and/or Thompson, that is a good sign that we are close to building towards a top 4 spot as we only need to fix up/improve some positions.

Excited for 2018

I think it is time we bring AFB into starting for Lussick. For those who will bring up that ONE game from AFB starting some time last year, well umm GET OVER IT.

I think it is time we bring AFB into starting for Lussick. For those who will bring up that ONE game from AFB starting some time last year, well umm GET OVER IT.
Definitely wouldn't be a bad option, it's just that his impact off of the bench is so important to us and we don't have too many replacements who could make anywhere near his impact off the bench, nullifies marty's absence when he is off the field and AFB on.

Thats a great side, top 4 worthy and if we pick up Thompson or Moylan we could be looking top 2. If Thompson comes he pushes Frank to the bench.
We wont improve if we don't improve on the current roster .
Rebuilding is about rebuilding the house that collapsed early in the semis .
It was very obvious that the big semi final games exposed us to the fact we need a few more big game players that will consistently dominate in the big games .
It would not be smart to rely on ex
internationals that are past their best and a year older and slower next season and gambling on young players with "potential "
We need an addition of extra artillery to co mpete with the gun sides at the end of the year .

I think that i am with BOZO on this one , and for all of last season"s improvement , in order to be in a position to really threaten for the title next season and future years , and as others have expressed . there does need an inclusion of a couple of more proven [ with proven the operative term ] , hard edged and good calibre players , and combined with necessary and more consistent efforts from the existing roster . There is naturally a balance also with trying to retain some of the current promising juniors in the club but some healthy competition for the or some first grade spots up for grabs next year as well the addition of at least a couple of proven performers and good standard players should of course be the priority right now . Again this will really be needed to take this present team to the next better . required and consistent level to seriously challenge for the title next season .

It was very obvious that the big semi final games exposed us to the fact we need a few more big game players that will consistently dominate in the big games .
internationals that are past their best and a year older and slower next season and gambling on young players with "potential "
We need an addition of extra artillery to co mpete with the gun sides at the end of the year .
Our current roster is fine, we were sitting 2nd on the ladder late in the season before inconsistentcy hit us. And the majority of our side was playing their first full season in first grade. All our players will improve from this years experiences.

They will build in time, any side builds in time. Although signings are a catalyst for success.

Our current roster is fine, we were sitting 2nd on the ladder late in the season before inconsistentcy hit us. And the majority of our side was playing their first full season in first grade. All our players will improve from this years experiences.
In all honesty mate it was a pretty good team this season, but we need the likes of a Moylan, Thompson etc to have other sides wary of us come the backend.

Troll away @mutley as I've said in other posts, it just paints you as the dickhead you are to everyone here, who all know what you are mate. Go back to your dogs forum. Backbone of jelly fish.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8