2021 gains / losses - good or bad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I reckon we have had a win
AFB is a Monster and impossible to replace in the power factor,,,however the energy of Aloiai may see this trade could work out fairly even overall
I don't mind the loss of Waddell and Thommo though wholehearted, struggled with the game in 2020.
I think Davey will surprise from the bench and Foran is a big gain, who will give the side more edge and attitude.
Metcalfe is not a bad loss and we have gained 2 speedy outside backs who at least will be playing or considered for 1st grade.
Hopoate will improve after playing more footy (At Canberra), but regardless of how he plays, happier with our outside back options now and trouble seems to follow the Hopoate name, which effects the club negativily and pretty over that stuff.
Whats the thoughts ??

Last edited:
Overall we’ve gone forward rather than back , even with the loss of our star forward.

But we are banking an awful lot on Cust ( spew....Croker ) being able to manage the vital 9 role.

So the overall forward is really , just a little forward!!

I thought AFB struggled this season with the new rules, took away from his impact. I think we can cover his loss without too much of a drama, Paseka especially looks on the improve. Don't know enough about Aloiai to offer an opinion whether he significantly improves our middle third go forward.

I reckon we have had a win
AFB is a Monster and impossible to replace in the power factor,,,however the energy of Aloiai may see this trade could work out fairly even overall
I don't mind the loss of Waddell and Thommo though wholehearted, struggled with the game in 2020.
I think Davey will surprise from the bench and Foran is a big gain, who will give the side more edge and attitude.
Metcalfe is not a bad loss and we have gained 2 speedy outside backs who at least will be playing or considered for 1st grade.
Hopoate will improve after playing more footy, but regardless of how he plays, happier with our outside back options now and trouble seems to follow the Hopoate name, which effects the club negativily and pretty over that stuff.
Whats the thoughts ??
Which Hopoate? Hasn't he signed with another club?

Massive win.

Foran instead of a useless Levi
Aloiai instead of a lumbering & uninspiring AFB (new rule-change)
Davey instead of a slow Waddell
Saab & Tuipulotu instead of Elliot & Hopoate
(5 wins) vs
Thommo the only real loss
(1 loss) - but after his unfortunate accident in the off-season, he just couldn't offer any more physicality and steel..so considering this, not really a loss
Plus,
Hales instead of Cartwright

Barring injury crisis to our top 10 players, Des and this roster with a full pre-season adapting to the new game could literally go all the way

Last edited:
Massive win.

Foran instead of a useless Levi
Aloiai instead of a lumbering & uninspiring AFB (new rule-change)
Davey instead of a slow Waddell
Saab & Tuipulotu instead of Elliot
(4 wins) vs
Thommo the only real loss
(1 loss) - but after his unfortunate accident in the off-season, he just couldn't offer any more physicality and steel..so considering this, not really a loss
Plus,
Hales instead of Cartwright

Barring injury crisis to our top 10 players, Des and this roster with a full pre-season adapting to the new game could literally go all the way
And the emergence of Schuster and Olakau-atu. We are miles ahead!

2020 full strength
01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brad Parker
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Dylan Walker
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Manase Fainu
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Danny Levi
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie
17. Corey Waddell

2021 full strength
01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Moses Suli
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Manase Fainu
10. Marty Taupau
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Kieran Foran
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie
17. Andrew Davey

If anyone offered you AFB swap with Aloiai before it happened. We would have all declined it and laughed. Lets be honest. It's a big loss

Thommo is a loss if Jetski is the replacement.

Cust will go good at hooker I think. Will be a massive upgrade. Good defence. Speed and what we've lacked from a hooker for years.. he will add a kicking option.

Overall with the youth coming through is Shuster and Guacamole. Plus the return of the injured players. Top 8 should be achievable

If anyone offered you AFB swap with Aloiai before it happened. We would have all declined it and laughed. Lets be honest. It's a big loss

Thommo is a loss if Jetski is the replacement.

Cust will go good at hooker I think. Will be a massive upgrade. Good defence. Speed and what we've lacked from a hooker for years.. he will add a kicking option.

Overall with the youth coming through is Shuster and Guacamole. Plus the return of the injured players. Top 8 should be achievable
If they said you can have Tuipilotu, Saab and Aloiai I think everyone would say YES!!! That's basically what happened

If they said you can have Tuipilotu, Saab and Aloiai I think everyone would say YES!!! That's basically what happened
And I will stand alone and say Aloiai will bring mongrel to this team. With Aloiai, Guacamole and Paskea going to another level I am very confident we wont miss AFB. Dont get me wrong - he is a very good player but you can't miss someone who is a moron and trouble off the field no matter how good he is BUT I think what those three bring to the table collectively means we might be going AFB who?

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10