Sack Seibold.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
The more time passes the more I like having Mestrov running the club.. if Seibs doesn't turn this season around and we don't make the 8 he won't be getting an extension.. and he will be odds on for the next coaches head to roll if we are not at least 5 and 5 from 10rounds next year.
Forget an extension he may not see out 2025.
If he performs then he will have earnt an extension
The way out should be

Last edited:
The more time passes the more I like having Mestrov running the club.. if Seibs doesn't turn this season around and we don't make the 8 he won't be getting an extension.. and he will be odds on for the next coaches head to roll if we are not at least 5 and 5 from 10rounds next year.
Forget an extension.be may not see out 2025.
If he performs then he will have earnt an extension
The way out should be
Again, I dont blame the club for not extending Seibold at this time. If we dont win tonight then the screws will get tightened again. Maybe the Schuster fiasco has finally woken the club up and they dont want to go down that path again of paying under achieving players and coaches out again, the club cant keep leaking money out like that before something gives. Take the Dogs, ok last night it was only the dragons but nearly every game they have been in a game, a team of misfits playing their guts out for each other and they are ahead of us now, a team with a quality roster, it should be the other way around, we should be closer to the top. The thing that worries me is are the players hurting enough over these losses, especially the ones we should have won or again is it the, well there is always next week attitude , which is so wrong. My mate and me talk about the games every week and we reckon there is a 10 minute period in every game where they just shut down and lose the game, every game. Its like an intermittent short circuit, good teams dont do that. It comes down to attitude and patience which we dont have at the moment. DCE should be leading by example, taking the game by the scruff of the neck. People are starting to blame Brooksy for a drop in form, well maybe DCE is confusing him as well. Anyway thats my take on this whole thing.

MW66

Reserve Grader
Question: which other clubs would be chasing him if we don't resign him soon?

No rush in my mind and lets see how the end of the season plays out first.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
Again, I dont blame the club for not extending Seibold at this time. If we dont win tonight then the screws will get tightened again. Maybe the Schuster fiasco has finally woken the club up and they dont want to go down that path again of paying under achieving players and coaches out again, the club cant keep leaking money out like that before something gives. Take the Dogs, ok last night it was only the dragons but nearly every game they have been in a game, a team of misfits playing their guts out for each other and they are ahead of us now, a team with a quality roster, it should be the other way around, we should be closer to the top. The thing that worries me is are the players hurting enough over these losses, especially the ones we should have won or again is it the, well there is always next week attitude , which is so wrong. My mate and me talk about the games every week and we reckon there is a 10 minute period in every game where they just shut down and lose the game, every game. Its like an intermittent short circuit, good teams dont do that. It comes down to attitude and patience which we dont have at the moment. DCE should be leading by example, taking the game by the scruff of the neck. People are starting to blame Brooksy for a drop in form, well maybe DCE is confusing him as well. Anyway thats my take on this whole thing.
Sorry, but I just cannot see how anyone can describe our roster as anything but unbalanced and uncompetitive.

The Indian

Bencher
What I took out of that SMH article was the mention of Matt Lodge, and specifically his status as the meat in the sandwich between the club and Mestrov and Seibold/Moses.

Lodge signing was surprising to me in the first place. Then bemusing after does his ACL and gets an extension. He's returned in 2024 and looked way way off the pace and is now out long term again. If he gets another deal now after an ACL, then torn a bicep ( which can happen yes ) mixed in with generally ordinary form anyway ....then it's gone from surprising to bemusing to flabbergasting.... and it'll be clear who holds the whip hand in the club.

Interesting times ahead.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We need a coach that isn't gonna be afraid to make the tough calls. One that is gonna shake it up a bit and have some pull in the market. I feel some coaches are under certain players influences, to scared to rub them up the wrong way perhaps.
Madge

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
These blokes can hold their own but this Seibold team seems to be getting owned
Jake
Paseka
Aloia
Sipley
Lodge
Lodge is out Sipley is still carrying an injured knee and Oshay Olay is getting there but also still carrying a shoulder injury .... then not much in the cupboard Woods, James

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Lodge is out Sipley is still carrying an injured knee and Oshay Olay is getting there but also still carrying a shoulder injury .... then not much in the cupboard Woods, James
Jake and Paseka are premium quality
Olay is fit enough to play and has been playing strongly
The competitor Brown is back from injury and replaces Lodge
The capable and more mobile Bullemore replaces Sipley
We dont need Woods or James
We have the depth but we have not had the resolute to win games
Jake
Paseka
Olay
Brown
Bullemore

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Phins have 7 players with Origin experience, 4 NZ Test players, plus Katoa who is one of best young players in the NRL, and Farnworth, rated by some as the world’s best centre.
Pretty solid squad imo.
The Phins are in the top 4 and have been playing with most of their top players out and their coach has their inexperienced replacement's firing in all cylinders are winning
Seibold has good depth but when players go down so does his team IMO

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
If Seibold wins a Manly Premiership
I am running naked 3 laps around Silvertails forum
1716504594097.png

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20