MVP: 2021 Silvertails MVP Final Tally

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
Firstly, apologies for not updating the last few weeks with who got the points in each round. Due to work and a few other factors I've only just gotten around to tallying points from Rd 23 onwards. Think of it akin to the Dally M votes going behind closed doors for the last few rounds

I don't think anyone will be too shocked at the result this year. Claiming his first Silvertails MVP is:

Tom Trbojevic

Dally Cherry-Evans was in 2nd place and Kieran Foran and Taniela Paseka finished tied in third place. Ther final tally is below:

Turbo
32​
DCE
23​
Foz
11.5​
Tent
11.5​
Jake
11​
Harper
10​
Guacamole
8​
Aloiai
7.5​
Sandwich
7​
Shoe
6.5​
Kapow
6​
Keppie
6​
Walker
5​
Saab
4​
Froggy
4​
Davey
3​
Suli
3​
Lawton
2​
Cust
1​
Sippers
1​

Turbo becomes the fifth player to take home the prestigious award in it's nine year history (have I really been tallying these votes for 9 years???).

Silvertails MVP Honour Roll
2013 Kieran Foran
2014 Kieran Foran
2015 Jake Trbojevic
2016 Jake Trbojevic
2017 Daly Cherry-Evans
2018 Jake Trbojevic
2019 Addin Fonua-Blake
2020 Daly Cherry-Evans
2021 Tom Trbojevic

Thank you to everyone who voted through the year!

Firstly, apologies for not updating the last few weeks with who got the points in each round. Due to work and a few other factors I've only just gotten around to tallying points from Rd 23 onwards. Think of it akin to the Dally M votes going behind closed doors for the last few rounds

I don't think anyone will be too shocked at the result this year. Claiming his first Silvertails MVP is:

Tom Trbojevic

Dally Cherry-Evans was in 2nd place and Kieran Foran and Taniela Paseka finished tied in third place. Ther final tally is below:

Turbo
32​
DCE
23​
Foz
11.5​
Tent
11.5​
Jake
11​
Harper
10​
Guacamole
8​
Aloiai
7.5​
Sandwich
7​
Shoe
6.5​
Kapow
6​
Keppie
6​
Walker
5​
Saab
4​
Froggy
4​
Davey
3​
Suli
3​
Lawton
2​
Cust
1​
Sippers
1​

Turbo becomes the fifth player to take home the prestigious award in it's nine year history (have I really been tallying these votes for 9 years???).

Silvertails MVP Honour Roll
2013 Kieran Foran
2014 Kieran Foran
2015 Jake Trbojevic
2016 Jake Trbojevic
2017 Daly Cherry-Evans
2018 Jake Trbojevic
2019 Addin Fonua-Blake
2020 Daly Cherry-Evans
2021 Tom Trbojevic

Thank you to everyone who voted through the year!
Bloody well done mate , I for one really appreciate the effort you put in , not always fun to vote but most worthwhile by the time we get to the end of the season.

Last edited:
Champion work, thanks @mosto I love the MVP feature.
I'm a bit surprised Foz finished so high, he must have been a quiet achiever this year.
Also Jake - I'm pretty sure he had zero points a fair way into the season.
Nice little run of edible foodstuffs in the middle of the pack with Guacamole, Aioli and Sandwich.
Special mention to Andrew Davey, only played one game and got the 3 points.
Thank U Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

A fun fact when you have a 2nd look at this 9 year list. Only the 2019 winner is no longer playing with us. The rest ALL started in our last encounter. I think that stability will play a big part in our 2022 season. Des doesn't really need to change the wheel much at all. He can simply focus on stepping up another level.

Good job @mosto 👍
With Turbo a runaway winner , Foz getting a lot of points shows it certainly was a good choice from Des to bring him back

What? Parker didn’t get a single vote?! Discrimination!!!

Thanks @mosto for running this again. I really enjoy seeing how others view the game, and who performed well. I am actually surprised Tom didn’t end up with 36 points at least - 3 for every win he played in.

thanks @mosto for your efforts. It's obvious we like the poll series by the way a lot of us vote in it. It's interesting to see the variety of (serious) votes when we all watch the same game!

Double thanks because if I remember correctly (dubious) there was a program that helped you tally the votes a few seasons ago, but now it's back to being done manually. So thanks for not throwing the towel in and continuing to run the mvp polls.

If only the winning players learnt about their 'award'!

Thanks again. :)

Lot's of folks calling for Harper's head after our finals run but he sure polled well earlier in the year. Over the whole season he was only outscored by 4 guys with Test match experience and also by Paseka. Scored more points than all the remainder.

Last edited:
Lot's of folks calling for Harper's head after our finals run but he sure polled well earlier in the year - only outscored by 4 guys with Test match experience and also by Paseka. Scored more points than all the remainder.

It's interesting to go through for sure.

Harper - with all that strapping on his leg, I think his off season couldn't come soon enough. I'm still a fan.

Then you see him outpolling saab - who scored a try or 20 and think really? Then we see Rueben, highest nrl point scorer this year and... you'd think he'd be higher but....?

@nightster "sandwich" is Ruben Garrick - unless you were just questioning his position, then fair 'nuff.

So yup... interesting for sure.

It'd also be interesting now... how we'd rank our players performance this year. But that's an argument for another day. lol

It'd also be interesting now... how we'd rank our players performance this year. But that's an argument for another day. lol
It would be very interesting.
My guess is that we'd use exactly the same method (our subjective observations) but they would be skewed very heavily to the last few matches that we can actually remember or else disproportionately weighted due to some outstanding feat that sticks in our memory.

The value of the MVP is that the ratings are given at the time of each game, so early season performance is still recognised.

Still, like any 3-2-1 system, it's pretty hard for a goal-kicking winger to make an impression. He'd pretty much have to score 3 tries or win the game with his goals.

Thanks @mosto - I really enjoy the different views on MVP each week...

Interesting that we give 3-2-1 to Manly players each week (not just the wins) and yet Turbo still couldn't match his Dally M score!! lol

Goes to show that we are a bunch of hard markers here on ST....

Interesting that we give 3-2-1 to Manly players each week (not just the wins) and yet Turbo still couldn't match his Dally M score!! lol

It’s much like many ( most ) on here wouldn’t have given DCE 23 Dally M points , but he got them!!!

Haha that is interesting.

Maybe we mark our own players harder due our expectations/hopes ...
and/or the Dally M judges don't watch as closely as we do!

Expert Succession GIF by The Ringer

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10