2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I desperately want to believe but as a side I believe we'll be weaker and if Tom doesn't see the year out I fear for our first spoon
All boils down to Tommy and Schuster having an injury free start to the season fit and full of confidence going forward Eagleron....it's a big ask, but we can dream ....right!!

wow....that is a gamble !!
Ha! I see what you did there. Our entire club could change around, if we released DCE, didn't extend Marty, and gave Jake the captaincy, an extension (3 years) if he agreed to a reduction to 500k.

Works out for everyone, and we'd have buckets of coin to retool the roster.

Gamble is exactly the type we need more of.
Has a red hot go, passionate, feisty, tough.

The kind of player others tend to follow.

I'd have him in a heartbeat.

Tyson gamble. FMD.

Never see. Such an ineffective ball runner take so many runs. Kind of important for playmakers to have passing skills too.

He is not a good player and if we target players like him, we are compounding the issue .

Better of taking dean hawkins off south’s hands

Ha! I see what you did there. Our entire club could change around, if we released DCE, didn't extend Marty, and gave Jake the captaincy, an extension (3 years) if he agreed to a reduction to 500k.

Works out for everyone, and we'd have buckets of coin to retool the roster.
Agree on DCE released to Redcliffe, what we could do with 1.2m....mmm...would solve our forwards crisis and have enough coin left to pick up a good half.

Tyson gamble. FMD.

Never see. Such an ineffective ball runner take so many runs. Kind of important for playmakers to have passing skills too.

He is not a good player and if we target players like him, we are compounding the issue .

I agree with you there. Would much rather Hawkins over gamble as an organizing and kicking halfback. However, he just signed a one year extension with souths.

Agree on DCE released to Redcliffe, what we could do with 1.2m....mmm...would solve our forwards crisis and have enough coin left to pick up a good half.

I absolutely believe Kaeo Weekes is an option now. Add Gamble in there as well. Two cheap halves that are direct, can run direct as well. Up-tempo.

Then build around them with marquee talent. Schuster at 13.

Tyson gamble. FMD.

I disagree. I know this is a highlights package only. But imagine this directness compared to DCE's constant crabbing and habitual concentric circles:

I absolutely believe Kaeo Weekes is an option now. Add Gamble in there as well. Two cheap halves that are direct, can run direct as well. Up-tempo.

Then build around them with marquee talent. Schuster at 13.
Weekes, very good chance of doing this if injury strikes, but Gamble. When he gets extra attention from the opposition he usually changes into a crazy madman hell bent on returning the favour, resulting in penalties against him. Like his passion though.

Release DCE and take in Gamble at all costs. He's passionate, aggressive and direct. He suits what we need.

Let DCE go to the Dolphins
I agree he's got some good mongrel about him, but is he really a half back? I'm no DCE fan at all but not sure Gamble is the right player to....well...gamble on.

Really could not envisage someone like Gamble adding anything that worth while to Manly and apart from his attitude issues . Seems like a lesser standard Josh Reynolds type player , loose cannon type . Just give Weekes a crack at 6 , maybe just has to up his defence a bit , good speed and good on his feet , good skill level and anticipation . Doesn "t look like Cust is going to be reinstated to the squad . .

Release DCE and take in Gamble at all costs. He's passionate, aggressive and direct. He suits what we need.

Let DCE go to the Dolphins
a quick question Merch old boy have the Dolphins actually shown any interest in DCE ?
Interesting as he is signed up for 3 years now supposedly, not just 2023?

I am still scratching my head over the DCE extension. We should have let him go and started a rebuild with a fresh mind (coach) at the helm. We have our feet stuck in concrete and are sinking.
I agree. The only thing that could have influenced the decision is that they want to transition DCE into a coach and so the club would use his last two years learning the role, reducing his playing, and mentoring a new halfback...
It's my only way of justifying the mysterious extension.

I am still scratching my head over the DCE extension. We should have let him go and started a rebuild with a fresh mind (coach) at the helm. We have our feet stuck in concrete and are sinking.
head pat perfect loops GIF

Tyson gamble. FMD.

I'd be playing him at 14, or alternatively, in Walkers role.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10