2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Given who we know will be there and who won't be at this stage, and of course taking into account injuries (e.g. Saab's ACL), this would be my 2023 YART.....

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Tolutau Koula
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Morgan Harper
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Lachlan Croker
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
PR - Josh Aloiai
HK - James Segeyaro
PR - Jake Trbojevic (vc)
SR - Haumole Olakau'atu
SR - Karl Lawton
LK - Josh Schuster

Bench (from) - Ben Trbojevic, Kaeo Weekes, Taniela Paseka, Sean Keppie, Morgan Boyle, Ethan Bullemor, Kurt de Luis.

Injured - Jason Saab

Hear me out on this. I would honestly give Segeyaro a one year deal. We need a proper hooker and he's already at the club. Why go looking when you've got one sitting in the garage ready to go?? He's got plenty of miles on those legs so its not like he's a rookie who needs developing. He can just step right in without missing too many beats. Froggy could easily then slot back into the halves with Jake moving to prop and Schuster as the ball playing lock.

Just thinking out loud there.....
I would say Weekes to 5/8, Garrick to center instead of Harper, Croker to #14, Tuilagi at 2nd row with Lawton on bench instead of Ben T and DCE early retirement. Then we might have a chance.

I am positive that 2023 we will make the top 8. This team will be good.

Good luck in the off season with working on combinations.

GO MANLY

1. Tommy

2. Garrick

3. Koula

4. Harper / Parker

5. Saab

6. Schuster

7. DCE

8. Aloiai

9. Croker

10. Jake T

11. Haumole

12. Ben T

13. Liam Fulton

14. K Lawton

15. S Keppie

16. T Paseka

17. E Bullemor
Schuster's not worth the loss of Foran and a million dollars a year sitting in the stands needs to be addressed. Release Tom and buy some on field talent.

I don’t know if Schuster’s bodyshape will ever be suited to 5/8 in the new game so I throw in the following side for next year assuming no new purchases.
Off-season to have a total focus on defensive structures, otherwise we will again be in bottom 8 -
Turbo
Garrick
Koula
Big T
Saab
DCE
Weekes
Croker
Schuster
Big K
Jake
Segyaro
Aloia

Res:
Lawton
Paseka
Sipley
Tuilagi

Would try to get Klemmer at the right money.

Gamble....ooooft

Maybe as a depth option on 100k but as a starting halfback, terrible.

look at his wins versus losses when playing this season (who in our club can say they've won 8 out of 10 games they've played this year?):
1661225849404.png

I would say Weekes to 5/8, Garrick to center instead of Harper, Croker to #14, Tuilagi at 2nd row with Lawton on bench instead of Ben T and DCE early retirement. Then we might have a chance.
Hey Mick, what's your thinking on swapping Koula and Garrick? And given Walker coming on at 14 worked well, are you thinking Croker can do a similar thing? I'm worried Croker doesn't have the same leg speed.

Looks like Fifita is not getting a contract with Cronulla. I wonder if at the right price he would be worth a couple of years. We do lack experience in the engine room. Has been pretty good this year.

Looks like Fifita is not getting a contract with Cronulla. I wonder if at the right price he would be worth a couple of years. We do lack experience in the engine room. Has been pretty good this year.

I mean, he DID support a convicted known felon (one punch killer Kieran Loveridge) publicly , so he'd fit right in with our dead****s at least.

Gamble is exactly the type we need more of.
Has a red hot go, passionate, feisty, tough.

The kind of player others tend to follow.

I'd have him in a heartbeat.
All of this excitement over the prospect of Tyson Gamble as a possibility for our club takes me back to the early Northern Eagles days just after the split, indeed a very sad time.
I remember how we all got excited over the prospect of Ron Prince joining our club, he was just a journeyman, but still knocked us back, FMD, in the past Manly was always in the market for any big name player.
The last big name player we signed up was Jamie Lyon, I wouldn't put Marty T or Dylan Walker in the same league despite being paid accordingly

If we moved DCE on, wouldn’t we have to pay a large chunk of his money? Sort of defeats the purpose. Surely the coach should take him aside and tell him what his problems are and fix them. Isn’t that what a coach is meant to do?

For mine it's a bit of a concern if we feel Weekes is going to be a starting halve next season, yet hasn't been given really any opportunity this season?!

Assuming we don't release any players, all players are available for selection, and Tuilagi is our only pickup, then the seventeen for Round One will look like this. Unfortunately, this team doesn't inspire me with much confidence that we will even make the eight.
We need a new left centre, a different five-eight, a new starting prop, and an NRL standard hooker to be competitive next season.

Turbo
Garrick
Koula
Tuipolotu/Parker/Harper
Saab
Schuster
DCE
Jake
Tuilagi
Olakua'to
Paseka
Croker
Aloia

Res:
Lawton
Bullemore/Burbo
Keppie/Boyle
Sipley/De Luis

I am still scratching my head over the DCE extension. We should have let him go and started a rebuild with a fresh mind (coach) at the helm. We have our feet stuck in concrete and are sinking.
DCE signed in April, turbo wasn't injured until May. At the time we were a top 4 side from last year and had the world's best player. As things stand this minute, yes a rebuild is bit more of a possibility, but it wasn't back then.

Assuming we don't release any players, all players are available for selection, and Tuilagi is our only pickup, then the seventeen for Round One will look like this. Unfortunately, this team doesn't inspire me with much confidence that we will even make the eight.
We need a new left centre, a different five-eight, a new starting prop, and an NRL standard hooker to be competitive next season.

Turbo
Garrick
Koula
Tuipolotu/Parker/Harper
Saab
Schuster
DCE
Jake
Tuilagi
Olakua'to
Paseka
Croker
Aloia

Res:
Lawton
Bullemore/Burbo
Keppie/Boyle
Sipley/De Luis
Don't think Saab will be there for the start of next season due to ACL

If we moved DCE on, wouldn’t we have to pay a large chunk of his money? Sort of defeats the purpose. Surely the coach should take him aside and tell him what his problems are and fix them. Isn’t that what a coach is meant to do?

If he's getting released to the Dolphins, they'd obviously foot his salary. We aren't just releasing him to nothing.

For me it's addiction by subtraction.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10