2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
According to Zero Tackle (Which I know isn't entirely accurate), we have 23 currently contracted players for 2023. This includes Tuilagi but doesn't include Vaega, who is definitely in the 30-man squad for next year. Assuming we also upgrade all four players from the development squad (Gordon Chan Kum Tong, Zac Fulton, Jamie Humphreys, Jacob Sykes) and bring in Smalley and Fifita, then our 30-man squad for 2023 is already basically finalised. We may choose not to upgrade all of the development players, but at most, we will only have 1 or 2 spots open to recruit any outside players.

Development players aren't included in top 30 and Fulton is the only one not signed for next year

Before we start offering term contracts to our failing junior team players , maybe we should search the league for a few game changers (akin to Ben Kennedy).

Players strong enough to drive a cultural change.

Not a fan of rewarding any Blacktown players (SG Ball team not that great either).

Before we start offering term contracts to our failing junior team players , maybe we should search the league for a few game changers (akin to Ben Kennedy).

Players strong enough to drive a cultural change.

Not a fan of rewarding any Blacktown players (SG Ball team not that great either).
Get a couple of mongtrel dogs in the forwards who are on their last chance to turn their careers forward. I'd suggest Tavita Pangsi Jr and Nathan Brown. Break them down over summer and bring their headspace focused. We need some forward grunt.

Get a couple of mongtrel dogs in the forwards who are on their last chance to turn their careers forward. I'd suggest Tavita Pangsi Jr and Nathan Brown. Break them down over summer and bring their headspace focused. We need some forward grunt.
Klemmer would do me mate.....even Nathan Brown. I reckon they both still have a lot to offer & maybe a change would do them the world of good. Klemmer would make our pack mouth watering.
Klemmer, ???, Aloiai, Olakau'atu, Tuilagi, Jake.......Paseka, Keppie, Sipley + Tuitavake, Fifita, Sykes, Roumanos!!!!!!!

Klemmer would do me mate.....even Nathan Brown. I reckon they both still have a lot to offer & maybe a change would do them the world of good. Klemmer would make our pack mouth watering.
Klemmer, ???, Aloiai, Olakau'atu, Tuilagi, Jake.......Paseka, Keppie, Sipley + Tuitavake, Fifita, Sykes, Roumanos!!!!!!!

Yep Nathan Brown still has a lot to offer. Parra probably has the best back row in the competition, and the most mobile forwards as well. That's what's keeping him out of the Parra seventeen. We should have a serious go at him, if he could be picked up at a reasonable price. Klemmer would be good, but we can't afford him.

The Dogs are in urgent need to free up cap space to upgrade Burton, Like Thompson could be worth a crack at for the right coin and Paul Alamoti is a very promising Centre.

Klemmer would also help.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Bradman Best
04. Tolu Koula
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Tevita Pangai-Junior
09. Karl Lawton
10. Josh Aloiai
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Nathan Brown
13. Jake Trbojevic (captain)

14. Kaeo Weekes
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie
17. Kelma Tuilagi

Is about the minimum change we need, to compete. In fact, we need an upgrade at 9, with Lawton dropping to 14. I love Croker, but he's not the answer.

We need to get more intense, passionate.,aggressive We need more leadership.

Give Tuilagi his chance first .
We need two angry hard props ,One running hooker , a new 7 ,and a new captain of the team.

Interesting looking at junior depth coming through. Only 18 - 24 months ago we were finalists in both SG Ball & HM's (maybe even made a couple of GF's) and the pipeline looked excellent. Fast forward and now our junior depth looks average. On top of that we have lost a couple of highly rated players in key position. Feledy (centre), Mapalangi (5/8) and Dunford. It is difficult to predict how many of the current JF and SG Ball can step up to FG. Maybe Fletcher Myles, maybe Zac Fulton, maybe Weekes/Fainu brothers but apart form that no one is really putting their hand up.

I also understand Ray Vaega has already been promised a position in next years top 30. Nothing against Ray, and gee I hope he can make but what are they basing his Top 30 elevation on? Like Weekes he hasn't been given a shot in FG - seems odd to elevate. In summary I find our recruitment/retention hard to follow. We aren't buying anyone of note and there doesn't appear to be a strong junior contingent ready to play FG.

Can we please sign Jackson Topine, an absolute mongrel who wouldn't cost us too much, seems like the perfect signing to bolster our pack. Also looks like he is very versatile.
OFF-CONTRACT PLAYERS 2022

FULLBACK

Steven Marsters, Will Smith

WING

Kane Bradley, Christian Crichton, Moala Graham-Taufa, Dean Ieremia, George Jennings, Tuipulotu Katoa, Josh Mansour, Corey Oates, Jaxson Paulo, Junior Ratuva, Young Tonumaipea

CENTRE

Mawene Hiroti, Delouise Hoeter, Reece Hoffman, William Kei, Esan Marsters, Taane Milne, Tautau Moga, Brayden Musgrove, Solomone Naiduki, James Roberts, Tommy Talau, Isaiah Tass, Izaac Thompson

FIVE-EIGHTH

Daejarn Asi, Hayze Perham, Jaeman Salmon, Billy Walters
HALFBACK
Phoenix Crossland, Kurt Falls, Cooper Johns, Albert Kelly, Jock Madden, Brandon Wakeham, Sam Williams
PROP

Morgan Boyle, Herman Ese’ese, Poasa Faamausili, Andrew Fifita, Lachlan Gale, Ryan James, Matthew Lodge, Dunamis Lui, Jordan McLean, Franklin Pele, Emry Pere, Pasami Saulo, James Tamou, Martin Taupau, Aiden Tolman

HOOKER

Manase Fainu, Temple Kalepo, Jayden Nikorima, Jake Turpin

SECOND ROW

Billy Burns, Angus Crichton, Andrew Davey, Matt Doorey, Tom Eisenhuth, Jackson Ford, Jack Gosiewski, Wade Graham, Chris Lewis, Jack Murchie, Kevin Proctor, Joe Stimson, Jackson Topine

LOCK

Matthew Eisenhuth, Pride Petterson-Robati

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Bradman Best
04. Tolu Koula
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Tevita Pangai-Junior
09. Karl Lawton
10. Josh Aloiai
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Nathan Brown
13. Jake Trbojevic (captain)

14. Kaeo Weekes
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie
17. Kelma Tuilagi

Is about the minimum change we need, to compete. In fact, we need an upgrade at 9, with Lawton dropping to 14. I love Croker, but he's not the answer.

We need to get more intense, passionate.,aggressive We need more leadership.
We certainly need some intensity, passion and aggro but I'm just wondering if the 3 newbies in your run on side are the wrong sort of fuel we need for our smouldering fire? I don't really know what Best's issues are so he could still develop but P Jr and Brown smell like trouble to me.

Is Weekes your replacement hooker to relieve Lawton? I can't see Des leaving Croker out altogether, can you?

And what's your view on Tom being a better option for Captain than Jake? Jake has great passion but I'm not sure he has the level head to get into the refs ear when needed. And Tom can read the state of play from the back better. And he commands respect from all the players, I think. Not that Jake dosen't but anyway ............

And just an aside, what sort of attitude do you think DCE would have if he lost the captaincy? Mind you, I don't think Des will ever do it.

Realistic targets from that list, Herman Ese’ese would give us a little bit of impact from the bench, and Matt Doorey might be worth a punt, he is friends with Schuster and co still young and promising coming off an ACL though

All of this excitement over the prospect of Tyson Gamble as a possibility for our club takes me back to the early Northern Eagles days just after the split, indeed a very sad time.
I remember how we all got excited over the prospect of Ron Prince joining our club, he was just a journeyman, but still knocked us back, FMD, in the past Manly was always in the market for any big name player.
The last big name player we signed up was Jamie Lyon, I wouldn't put Marty T or Dylan Walker in the same league despite being paid accordingly
Wow - anyone thinking Tyson Gamble is any answer for us is kidding. I will say this - he is all heart but his skill level is zero. Normally I would be applauding us chasing an all effort player because we have very very few of them but Gamble just isn't up to NRL standard full stop!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8