2024 Optimist/Pessimist Thread - How are you feeling?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

2024 Optimist/Pessimist Thread - How are you feeling?

• Optimistic

Votes: 72 88.9%
  • On the fence (get off it!)

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Pessimistic

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
I've been optimistic all off season but I'll reiterate that today shouldn't move the needle too much, it was a unique game.

We need to keep our heads down and keep working.

Long season ahead.

Screenshot_20240303-151107.png

Sitting atop the table, can't ask for much more than that!

I am extremely optimistic in every other position except our middles. Jake and Paseka are our only genuine middle forwards. I think we are 1 starting prop short, if we don’t get injuries then Lodge will help that and Brown can do a job, but I worry about guys like Aloiai, Lawton, Waddell, Bullimore even Croker who Is a warrior and is great defensively can stifle our attack at times with slow service. We need a dynamic hooker to compliment Croker unfortunately Lawton is not it. I thought Gordon Chan Kum Tong was going to be that guy but Seibs persists with Lawton who is the same as but worse than Croker, hopefully Humphries is the answer. I also hope Schuster finds his mojo or that will be another problematic position and I think Parker is a better option than Burbo defensively if nothing else. Ben is great but can struggle with defensive reads. Other than that barring injuries we are world class. Brooks could be anything, he looked awesome first up. If we get our defence watertight then with some luck we can gobdeep in the finals.

I'm confident but I'm still concerned about our 20 m defence and in particular our outside back defence. Excluding Saab, I don't know that our wingers can match it with the top tier outside backs ............ yet. The next few games with Ray could be rocks and diamonds. Hopefully more diamonds.

Well - the optimism levels have stayed high, despite the shocker against the Dragons.

I must say - if you had told me we would be 3-2 after the first 5 rounds, the the wins would be against Panthers, Roosters and Souths - we all would have taken that.

Wahs, Tits, Eels and Raiders to come - 3 out of 4 and I think we can start dreaming of finals!

I must say - if you had told me we would be 3-2 after the first 5 rounds, the the wins would be against Panthers, Roosters and Souths - we all would have taken that.
Souths are a Shambles feathered friend and They are dead last on the ladder for good reason
The other two wins were Great wins

Souths are a Shambles feathered friend and They are dead last on the ladder for good reason
The other two wins were Great wins
Only cause Tits have had the bye, souths are 2nd last for good reason though.

I think my optimism is born more from the positive signs in the team rather than the actual results at the moment. Our forwards have always worried me for the last 5 years (since the decline of Tapau, and the lack of drive from Paseka).
But with Brown, Waddell, Lodge et al starting to really kick in to gear, I am starting to see a level of depth and drive that gives me hope.

Saab and Garrick out are a concern - but I sometimes felt we focused too much on Saabs speed.... maybe its not the end of the worlds.

Brooks is the big win for me (along with what everyone else is already saying about the Trbojevic's of course). Having a calm head alongside DCE is paying dividends....

Top 8 is a lock.
Top 4 is possible.

Can't ask for more than that tbh after the lean few years of late

Have you moved off the fence yet ??

Losing to The Dragons in the manner we did - it's given me trauma mate :) hahaha
But that performance against The Panthers. And the performance to start off against The Eels was just brilliance.

I'm so dirty about The Eels. That's twice now we've been dudded at that ****hole. We should be 3rd, no thanks to the NRL officaldome. Anyways, enough whingeing - I'm getting very close to being off the fence.

My problem is I watch every game with @NREagle , and damn it, she's way too positive and rubs off on me.

Losing to The Dragons in the manner we did - it's given me trauma mate :) hahaha
But that performance against The Panthers. And the performance to start off against The Eels was just brilliance.

I'm so dirty about The Eels. That's twice now we've been dudded at that ****hole. We should be 3rd, no thanks to the NRL officaldome. Anyways, enough whingeing - I'm getting very close to being off the fence.

My problem is I watch every game with @NREagle , and damn it, she's way too positive and rubs off on me.
Thanks Ry....😘

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8