2025 recruitment & retention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We need a hooker
homer simpson episode 6 GIF

Garrick resigned with Manly with the main reason that he wants to play Centre! Garrick won’t be happy if shafted back to the wing. If forced I guarantee he’ll want out!
I disagree.

He re-signed to pkay centre then played nearly all of last year on the wing with little complaint.

If he is given this an extended shot this year and is then moved back I dont necessarily think he wants out. I think many are simply drawing conclusions there.

FYI though, I'm still in on him at centre

If I could compile a list of potential targets I'd like to see here at manly which could work due to various reasons this would be it. (quite a long list)

Kayal Iro
Kulikefu Finefeuaki
Xavier Willison
Zac Hosking
Jacob Preston
Kurt Morrin
Heilum Luki
Dylan Lucas
Zion Maiu'u
Benjamin Te Kura
Tristan Sailor
Kobe Hetherington
Kai Pearce Paul
Tom Starling
Damien Cook
Nelson Asofa Solomona
Nick Cotric
Bronson Xerri
Sua Fa'alago
Joe Chan
Jack Howarth
Will Pryce
Viliami Vailea
Wiremu Greig
Soni Luke
Isaiah Longi
Tyrone Munro
Tallis Duncan
Jaydn Sua
Connor Watson
Ray Stone
Stefano Utoikamanu
Lachlan Galvin
Josh Curran
Franklin Pele
Billy Smith
Corey Harawira Naera
Bailey Simonsson
Sean Russell
Bryce Cartwright
Jojo Fifita
That’s quite a list Knuckles. We might have to set up a satellite first grade team and call them something like ‘North Sydney’.

I disagree.

He re-signed to pkay centre then played nearly all of last year on the wing with little complaint.

If he is given this an extended shot this year and is then moved back I dont necessarily think he wants out. I think many are simply drawing conclusions there.

Agree. As long as he is looked after this bloke is a great clubman who would do best for the team.

The hard conversation was had with Schuster in regards to him wanting the 6, but got told it was backrow for him.

Can’t see why this wouldn’t apply to Garrick, if he was to push that narrative then the club would need to find another player, he is tge best option in the squad for left wing in my opinion..
The club should not have promised him the Centre role if that’s the case! Schuster was told he’d be playing backrow before he resigned. I’m not saying Garrick won’t play where it’s best for the club. He seems very professional & always puts the club first. I’d hate to lose him & am sure he’d be in big demand if the situation arose that he wanted out!

I disagree.

Garrick seems like a pretty mellow bloke. I’d imagine he’s pretty settled in the area and actually likes being a part of our team and club. If he stays on the wing he could go down as one of our clubs better wingers and pointscorers.

The club should not have promised him the Centre role if that’s the case! Schuster was told he’d be playing backrow before he resigned. I’m not saying Garrick won’t play where it’s best for the club. He seems very professional & always puts the club first. I’d hate to lose him & am sure he’d be in big demand if the situation arose that he wanted out!
I think Garrick had leverage when Newcastle was throwing full back type money at him a year or so ago. So Manly gave him the money and promised him center at that stage.

That’s quite a list Knuckles. We might have to set up a satellite first grade team and call them something like ‘North Sydney’.
A little off topic.. and I know it would never work. But i believe north Sydney should be our cup/feeder team. Would tie up all the north. Makes perfect sense in my head, geographically and business wise. Should of have tried to set it up after the merger somehow

I hope the people that are doing the recruitment and retention do a better job than the Schuster Sh...t fight debacle. We cant afford to go through this again

I think Garrick had leverage when Newcastle was throwing full back type money at him a year or so ago. So Manly gave him the money and promised him center at that stage.
Rubes did an interview in the the off season and he said Centre is his preferred position but he was happy to play wherever was best for the team. We definitely don't have a Lomax situation on our hands.

Unless it's specifically written into a contract 'promises' are worth diddly squat and I pretty sure Ruben would know this.

FWIW I still prefer Garrick centre and Talau wing and unless we sign a marquee centre I don't see it changing.

Pure speculation and I don’t think he is worth the coin but..,

SHOOSH

The battle for Kotoni Staggs’ signature is not a two-horse race between the Dolphins and Broncos. Manly will be cashed up with Josh Schuster’s money and had a lash at him two years ago. The Roosters, who will lose Joey Manu and Joseph-Aukuso Sua’ali’i, will also be in the running.

Pure speculation and I don’t think he is worth the coin but..,

SHOOSH

The battle for Kotoni Staggs’ signature is not a two-horse race between the Dolphins and Broncos. Manly will be cashed up with Josh Schuster’s money and had a lash at him two years ago. The Roosters, who will lose Joey Manu and Joseph-Aukuso Sua’ali’i, will also be in the running.
His a better player now than he was 2 years ago, no doubt the coin will be high, especially if the Rorters want him, would add plenty to our side and be a good signing if it happened.

If we keep improving this year, I’d say we‘ll become an attractive proposition for a couple of quality signings looking to win a premiership.

I liked Burbo at centre. Obviously injured now but long term can see a back five of Turbo, Saab, Burbo, Koula & Garrick. Means we can look at spending the money on a quality defence back rower.

A little off topic.. and I know it would never work. But i believe north Sydney should be our cup/feeder team. Would tie up all the north. Makes perfect sense in my head, geographically and business wise. Should of have tried to set it up after the merger somehow
I have a bad feeling about that.

Rubes did an interview in the the off season and he said Centre is his preferred position but he was happy to play wherever was best for the team. We definitely don't have a Lomax situation on our hands.

Unless it's specifically written into a contract 'promises' are worth diddly squat and I pretty sure Ruben would know this.

FWIW I still prefer Garrick centre and Talau wing and unless we sign a marquee centre I don't see it changing.
Think Rubes is finding out just how tough playing centre is. On the quite, think he'll be ok going back to the wing again tbh.

His a better player now than he was 2 years ago, no doubt the coin will be high, especially if the Rorters want him, would add plenty to our side and be a good signing if it happened.

If we keep improving this year, I’d say we‘ll become an attractive proposition for a couple of quality signings looking to win a premiership.
Whenever Easts enter the picture there is only one outcome.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8