2nd Trial - Manly V Raiders (& other trials)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
hooray, a mistake while in an attacking position

sheesh

frig the nrl have so many subjective penalties. No wonder refs are dodgy

bloody hell

at least the canucks won 7-1 tonight against the flames (stopping the flames 10 games winning streak)

Might only be a trial but not a great show. Same old high amount of errors that hurt us last year and 3 injuries to boot. Losing Olakau’atu will hurt us big time

Also god I hope Atkins isn’t reffing many games for us this year. Couldn’t keep his whistle out of his mouth but missed countless forward passes

Well that's possibly Marty hamuole walker Schuster all gone round 1.

Panthers will be licking there lips.

Saab very disappointing in defence

Again we don't handle pressure well.

There are still some major issues we need to fix.

Simple handling errors and dumb play cost us tonight.

Glad I didn't go up to Gosford tonight.

Jake was massive tonight in tackling.

Foran full 80 tonight.

Injuries again.

I did see though enough with everyone fully fit we are a serious footy team but that's it we need to have a good run with injuries to be factor in 2022.

Last edited:
Injuries the major problem, but also concerning that we still don't seem to be able to roll with the punches and show a little resilience when we haven't got the ball. Some bewildering refereeing let them back into the game but then the Raiders just belted us through the middle - with and without the ball - and we folded. Lost the ball, lost our cool with the ref (who is a prize ****wit, admittedly) and lost the game.

Injuries the most concerning from the game, Crokers first hit out, lack that spark in the middle and a couple of the big men need to go up a gear or two, Raiders pack got the better of them.

First game back for Croker, so can't really judge his performance. We still need variety & creativity from dummy half. Would be good if Gordie can be fast forwarded into the NRL. Maybe Segeyaro will be an option later in the season. Without Schuster, Walker's role in the middle is very important - he was playing well till injured.

I think the NRL have started placing more importance on pre-season trials, as over the past couple of years they've gone from poorly covered & commentated games to full coverage by Fox (& Kayo) with the season proper commentators calling them.

No doubt the NRL see them as money making opportunities & have told the clubs they have to field their superstars for at least half a game to fulfill financial obligations?
No doubt but if this is the case (and I’m ok with it) give it some meaning. Put some $$$ up and play a knockout cup like the old days. Like the old AFL Nab cup. You can still play around with the squads and mix it up, but it would give it a bit more interest.

Can't see us winning the comp, still don't get into the trench and fight..:-(
We may still give it a shake but I agree we still with this team have not learnt how to fight back when things go against us. Again like last year dumb errors and giving away dumb penalties is rearing it ugly head again.

Tonight we let in some soft soft tries which I think would have Des concerned.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10