2nd Trial - Manly V Raiders (& other trials)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Well that's possibly Marty hamuole walker Schuster all gone round 1.

Panthers will be licking there lips.

Saab very disappointing in defence

Again we don't handle pressure well.

There are still some major issues we need to fix.

Simple handling errors and dumb play cost us tonight.

Glad I didn't go up to Gosford tonight.

Jake was massive tonight in tackling.

Foran full 80 tonight.

Injuries again.

I did see though enough with everyone fully fit we are a serious footy team but that's it we need to have a good run with injuries to be factor in 2022.
Turbo not getting out of 2nd gear tonight tho. Get the feeling he’s holding back for the panthers.

Saab maybe the fastest going forward, but not only was that sluggish, it doesn’t bode well for his commitment. He can expect plenty more of that from the opposition, unless he can turn and chase at speed.
Foran was huge playing 80, and having CHN running at him in the second half, his defence was rock solid.

Saab maybe the fastest going forward, but not only was that sluggish, it doesn’t bode well for his commitment. He can expect plenty more of that from the opposition, unless he can turn and chase at speed.
Foran was huge playing 80, and having CHN running at him in the second half, his defence was rock solid.
Imagine after the tackling Jake was doing on our line then to see that effort from Saab very concerning. If Saab comes with that attitude against Panthers round 1 they will destroy him.

Only a trial and we dropped intensity somewhat once we got on top of Canberra this most likely would not happen in a comp game. Think we will be ok with injuries. Gucca being the main concern but with some luck not a break. Btw we are miles ahead of where we were at this time last year.

Panthers have nothing to worry about round 1.
Even in the first half tonight when we had all the ball and the raiders couldn’t stop shooting them selves in the foot we only managed 1 worked try… (yes the intercepts and long range try’s off mistakes are fun to watch, but when only 1 of 3 try’s is off actual attacking play, and we had all the momentum, it’s not a great sign against the defending champs..

We never win round one anyway, always takes us a few weeks to warm into the season so it’s no huge drama.. although the injury’s from tonight may cost us…..

Only a trial and we dropped intensity somewhat once we got on top of Canberra this most likely would not happen in a comp game.
I take your point about it being a trial, Red Pill, but do you really think this is unlikely to happen in a proper NRL game? We folded in the same fashion plenty of times last year.

My take..
Lawton looked better than Croker especially the service from dummy half
Walker looked spent very early
Bullemor…use your f&$kin foot x 2
Foz looks primed ( thought he was right into it last week too)

If the refs are going to call handover for not playing the ball with the foot they are making a rod for their own back. How many will they miss?
So why isn’t it a handover if a player moves off the mark, rather than being told to go back and play it?

And l’m being picky but when Turbo got tackled early in the game in the right corner it was ruled touch in goal so a 7 tackle set to the Raiders but l’m pretty sure his foot went over the sideline first.
Can we challenge that?
Why does the vidiot overrule other rulings in goal but not something like that.
I know, l know, it’s only a trial.

My take..
Lawton looked better than Croker especially the service from dummy half
Walker looked spent very early
Bullemor…use your f&$kin foot x 2
Foz looks primed ( thought he was right into it last week too)

If the refs are going to call handover for not playing the ball with the foot they are making a rod for their own back. How many will they miss?
So why isn’t it a handover if a player moves off the mark, rather than being told to go back and play it?

And l’m being picky but when Turbo got tackled early in the game in the right corner it was ruled touch in goal so a 7 tackle set to the Raiders but l’m pretty sure his foot went over the sideline first.
Can we challenge that?
Why does the vidiot overrule other rulings in goal but not something like that.
I know, l know, it’s only a trial.
You make a very good point about the play the ball with your foot penalty.
I was watching carefully the 1st half of the Rooters v Tigers for that penalty…..and deadset, it was a case of maybe two players in a set touching the ball, the rest were miles away and let go.
This is one of those nitpicking, game changing, discretionary penalties, that cockheads like Atkins have up their sleeve still.
Someone said it before, the refs will enforce it till round 3, then it’s anyones guess.

In todays game injuries will continue to plague all clubs and refs will continue with game officials to make questionable decisions
I don’t think we will be impacted any more or less than any one else

All round depth and youth who can mature into understanding their role will be key
The comp will be won by 25 players understanding the role they are required to play fir the team to succeed

Des is pretty good of making this happen
I hope our players make speedy recoveries but if they don’t it is out of our control and fully in control of those trying to step up

I like this culture early in the season as it becomes accepted by the players and the norm when the pressure builds later in the season

I think we will win the comp

Go manly

I think we might have seen that Saab is a bit faster than Koula tonight.

The kid (well, they're both kids, but Koula) was running hard on his 80m try and Saab looked like he was trotting along in support without breaking a sweat. And he actually looked like he gained some ground on him.

Saab also proved he has the legs easily on Xavier Savage who is Canberra's speed king, and we know from last year that he's faster than Hamiso.

Josh Addo-Carr has a higher top speed, but I'd back Saab to beat him (and Xavier Coates) in a 100 metre race. Fox puts all his energy into the acceleration and gets to top pace quicker, but he can't maintain it and gets progressively slower the longer the run. He's quick over 40, but not as quick as people think over the distance (that's how Phillip Sami ran him down. JAC died in the arse). Saab on the other hand is more like a 200 sprinter and has the endurance to maintain his top pace for a lot longer. Fox would be quicker over 40, OK at 60, but then it would be all over. Saab would burn him.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10