3 images from last nights game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Daniel said:
Why add two stupid refs when we could add more smart technology

Both professions (refs and IT) take as much responsibilty for errors as the other so you may have a point.

Not me, it's the software!
Not the software, it's the hardware!
Not the hardware, it's the isp!

All walk away smugly leaving the client bewildered, without a solution, and three invoices for 'services rendered.'

I think running a blind side play, when the obvious smart thing to do after a break like that is to shift it as far to the right as possible (guaranteed penalty for offside or even a try) is more of a worry than the refs making mistakes. Just another example of our poor options in attack that are costing us this year.

I think we should have a ref for every square metre of the field, and difficult decisions could be referred to a panel of video refs in the stand. In the event of a deadlock of the video ref panel, a vote could be cast amongst all accredited rugby league referees in Australia.

If we do all this, I reckon they can improve and get it right at least 30% of the time.

globaleagle said:
Daniel said:
Why add two stupid refs when we could add more smart technology

Both professions (refs and IT) take as much responsibilty for errors as the other so you may have a point.

Not me, it's the software!
Not the software, it's the hardware!
Not the hardware, it's the isp!

All walk away smugly leaving the client bewildered, without a solution, and three invoices for 'services rendered.'

That sounds more like what happens when dealing with the computer illiterate. We try to explain what is happening, then we get told not to use Jargon, so we have to dumb it down to its highest level, i.e. ISP.

However we never ever do that in my company, we make sure the reason for the issue even if it is a 3rd party fault, is completely diagnosed and handed off to that company with the explicit reasons, so they can pick it up and fix it.

Our clients are paying literally millions a year each, it would be criminal for us to turn our backs on them

Pablo said:
I think running a blind side play, when the obvious smart thing to do after a break like that is to shift it as far to the right as possible (guaranteed penalty for offside or even a try) is more of a worry than the refs making mistakes. Just another example of our poor options in attack that are costing us this year.

9 times out 10 you would probably shift the ball back to the far side, but on Monday night Daly counted the numbers and we had a 4 on 2 (onside players) overlap. By looking at those still shots, you can see exactly what would have eventuated, Brett would have received the pass and then either drew the fullback in and Taufua scores or he would have stepped inside Widdop and scored under the posts.

Im with Pablo, DCE took the wrong option. Count the numbers in that 1st still.

6 Storm players in shot on the left side, 3 Storm players covering the entire right hand side of the field.

Outside of DCE is Foran, Choc, Buhrer, Lyon and Oldfield.

Fair call clontaago, either way its a tough call for 2nd year halfback to make in a split second.He had the option of coming back the blind side with an overlap and our strike weapon in Snake, or shifting to our lethal ride side. Maybe if Glenn was out on that right edge he may have gone that way.

So, had we scored (or at the very least received a penalty and Proctor gets 10 minutes for a professional foul) we would have won, which shows that the performance was pretty good against the competition benchmark.

Absolutely. Im extremely happy with where we are at this point. We are 1 win off second spot and after we beat the Roosters this week we have the bye week to freshen up and make a run similar to what we did last year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6