641 words done!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So your the bugger that wrote all over the desk ... I got bamed for it and had to sand back 10 desks and re varnish them!!!

My Dad had a stock and station agency business when I was a kid living in NSW, in about 1968 or 69 he came home one day with a thing called a calculator, fair dinkum it was about as big as a carton of beer, and I think it cost him $300 (which was like about $3000 now).

What it couldn't do, add, subtract, divide, my old man was in 7th heaven.

I couldn't wait to tell my math teacher about it and I'll never forget him saying " pfffft, you won't see them around long and you'll never see one of those in a classroom".

I guess not too different was me buying my first ever computer for my business (1982), it had a whopping 10Mb hard drive, and that was enough to store all our financial records for two accounts.

Funny to look back at those days now.

I'm a dyed in the wool Trekie. Watched the first episode way back in the 60s and was won for life.

Part of the enjoyment was the predictive element of the show.

In the original series we had Spock feeding his computer with a small block something like a CD, something that wouldnt appear for decades.

In the 1987 Movie Star Trek 4 when the crew returns to save the humpback whales in contemporary America, Kirk is in a pizza restaurant with a local and answers his communicator. The woman is astonished having only known pagers. Two decades later mobile phones were everywhere and then some.

Today's common everyday electronic devises, were science fiction less than 50 years ago.

My Dad had a stock and station agency business when I was a kid living in NSW, in about 1968 or 69 he came home one day with a thing called a calculator, fair dinkum it was about as big as a carton of beer, and I think it cost him $300 (which was like about $3000 now).

What it couldn't do, add, subtract, divide, my old man was in 7th heaven.

I couldn't wait to tell my math teacher about it and I'll never forget him saying " pfffft, you won't see them around long and you'll never see one of those in a classroom".

I guess not too different was me buying my first ever computer for my business (1982), it had a whopping 10Mb hard drive, and that was enough to store all our financial records for two accounts.

Funny to look back at those days now.

My first year of mathematics at Uni was done with a slide rule. I am on record as saying I would kiss Blaise Pascal's arse when we were allowed calculators in year 2.

We should all be nice to Turbo, I walked past his school supplies store the other day and this was in it!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

desktop-1469028012.png

Finished the essay!!!! It's been a tough few days but I've pulled through the pain and can now turn to my attention to more important people ;) ...
Wasn't it due on Tuesday ? :rolleyes:

I used to only hand in assignments that didn't interest me, after a final warning @:p

when I were yoong...
In the air force, I was learning theory of flight. We had a three hour exam every week. I thought that it was going to be multiple choice...
Three questions! Three hours!
answers were to be hand written - minimum FOUR foolscap pages per answer - with diagrams!!!
you were loooky. 641 words was a definitely a fail.

A tip for young players: if you have a word count you need to meet but don't have that much content just type a whole bunch of useless information in super small font and colour it in a white. That way when you submit the essay and the assessor does a word could it will read much higher than you actually have!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6