666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.
He won't need to run. He needs to fill Greens role. Green didn't run much at all and when he did it was clear why it wasn't his go to weapon.

Hodkinson can organise. He can pass. He can kick and he is a quality goal kicker. He would come with the Knights paying 75% of his salary and he would be motivated to show he hasn't lost it. I don't mind this signing if it costs us peanuts which I'm sure it would. He could easily fill the role Green played for us last year and would allow us to splurge on some bigger signings in the forwards while a successor becomes clearer for the halves position.
Its not just the running ...
He has undergone both serious shoulder and knee operations which made it hard for him to cut it physically in the NRL week to week with the The Knights last season .

Hang on, the more I think about this the more it seems a decent plan. We have the money, and if we can't find anyone to buy then let's make sure we have all possible options for next year in the halves. Offer Hodkinson a cheap one year deal, he's experienced, though seemingly broken. If he's truly not up to scratch than we can just hand the five-eighth role to another of our candidates. If Hodkinson ain't good then we can simply not offer him a contract extension.

1. Tom Trbojevic
6. Trent Hodkinson
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
9. Apisai Koroisau
Problem is that he delays a young player's NRL career. :cool:

Then they leave and Hodko leaves and Manly starts the whole search again in 2019 :confused:

I think he was also dumped to reserves for the same reason Uate was. They were both on big contracts and in Hodkinsons case, wasn't worth the money.

What better way of forcing someone's hand than to put them in reserves.

I'd be horrified if it was a 3 year deal but I'm happy with 1 year as long as the knights kick in a fair bit of his wage.

Games are too close these days to give up 4 or more points a game in goalkicking...

I think he was also dumped to reserves for the same reason Uate was. They were both on big contracts and in Hodkinsons case, wasn't worth the money.

What better way of forcing someone's hand than to put them in reserves.

I'd be horrified if it was a 3 year deal but I'm happy with 1 year as long as the knights kick in a fair bit of his wage.

Games are too close these days to give up 4 or more points a game in goalkicking...
Hastings can Kick goals and his body can get him further in a game than the aging and busted shoulders and knees Hodkinson . We also have Croker and we have Cullen as back ups ?
How many back ups do we need ?

Croker was no doubt recruited on the expectation that Pearce was only a 50 / 50 likelihood , and Metcalfe looks promising to press for a half"s spot soon . So Hastings probably will get first crack but for the right contract money , no harm in showing some interest in Lamb . Hodko just does not seem to suit any of Manly "s present requirements .

What needs to happen is that we get a clearance that he is injury free with no pre-existing condition. If he breaks down then he is medically retired and off our cap. I agree this is not the worst idea for a season (or two), I think being behind our pack he would surprise the doubters and is a good fit for DCE.

I'm a Yes.

Last edited:
He would be carved up if he came here and played poorly.

He couldn't pull the wool over our eyes here at Silvertails, we are all experts.

Hastings can Kick goals and his body can get him further in a game than the aging and busted shoulders and knees Hodkinson . We also have Croker and we have Cullen as back ups ?
How many back ups do we need ?
I take your point but at the moment we only have one organizer type in Hastings(yes DCE can do some organizing).Cullen and Croker look more like DCE type players and Cust and Metcalfe are not ready right now to step into a starting spot,so another Hastings/Green type player like Lamb/Hodkinson is probably a good move.

I have serious doubts about our recruiting team at the moment. Now if they sign or even talk to Hodkinson it confirms they are idiots.
So you are indirectly calling many posters on here idiots too? Thanks for the insult,I will wear it like a badge of honour seeing as it came from someone so highly intelligent as yourself....

So you are indirectly calling many posters on here idiots too? Thanks for the insult,I will wear it like a badge of honour seeing as it came from someone so highly intelligent as yourself....

You running the recruiting are you? you think Hodkinson is a first grader good on you he is crap and if we sign him we will be the laughing stock of the nrl.

I say again , Knights won’t release him, he’ll be their depth half playing in the Reggie’s.

The ship has sailed, it’s a battle of the young blokes we actually have on the books.

Besides Toggy won’t let ANY PLAYER come to Manly that could even make us remotely competitive.

Last edited:
You running the recruiting are you? you think Hodkinson is a first grader good on you he is crap and if we sign him we will be the laughing stock of the nrl.
Thanks for the dummy spit,ironic that 90% of your posts could fall under that category....Yeah sure...I am running the recruiting....You just bag all decisions,not sure I recall you coming up with any suggestions or ideas etc...you just bag everyone and anything the club does,lay some of your wisdom on us here.

I have serious doubts about our recruiting team at the moment. Now if they sign or even talk to Hodkinson it confirms they are idiots.
If Hodkinson can get medical clearance that his body will hold , then a one year signing of an experienced organizer and kicker does not sound that idiotic does It ?

ironic that 90% of your posts could fall under that category

Nice that you read them princess. You don't like my posting I don't think much of your boring Blacktown updates hell maybe that's why you want to sign Hodko so he can play for Blacktown. Simple really we have missed the bus so we go with what we have Hastings get's first shot hell I would give cust and metcalf a shot beofre Hodko as he is finished unless we want depth for Blacktown.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10