666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Where has all this Todd Carney love come from?

The last good season he had in the NRL was in 2010 with the Chooks. That's going on eight years ago.

He had one good season kicking goals and the rest of his career, he was a back up kicker. He doesn't have a good kicking game in general play, it's adequate at best. He has a winning ratio of better than 50% in only two seasons throughout his time in the NRL...he is no match winner.

He is also a runner of the ball, not an organiser.

I remember he turned up at Brookie in 2013 with this stupid bleached hair style and we pumped Cronulla that day and he was awful and I remember thinking, geez I am glad we don't have this moron playing for us.

Flash forward 5 years and a couple more misdemeanours later, and all of the sudden he is a serious option?!

I'm flabbergasted.

If we want to be the laughing stock of the NRL, let's sign a washed up goose that was never that special to begin with and give him chance no.100 to **** up.

I honestly wouldn't mind so much that he is a ratbag if I thought he would offer something from a footballing standpoint, but he is not going to offer much. Granted he has better knees that Hodkinson but neither are the answer.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Barrett has to stop thinking about band aid solutions and build for the future. Why we wouldn't offer Brock Lamb a 3 year deal is beyond me.

For a young half to survive and prosper behind that Knights pack (which was NSW Cup standard last year) really highlights what sort of future this kid has.

Sign him up and lets build for the future rather than find a band aid to help us scrape into the bottom of the 8 again next year. I'd rather miss the 8 altogether next year and have a shot at a premiership in 1-2 seasons time, than watch a Hodkinson or Carney hold up the process for another year.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We haven't approached him. We naturally say we are interested in everyone so the player(s) that we do target can't demand too much cash, it is a game of bluff.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
We haven't approached him. We naturally say we are interested in everyone so the player(s) that we do target can't demand too much cash, it is a game of bluff.
I know this other player is definitely being released regardless of who we sign. I just really think it's negative to be chasing these stop gap solutions.

Peter C

Bencher
Barrett has to stop thinking about band aid solutions and build for the future. Why we wouldn't offer Brock Lamb a 3 year deal is beyond me.

For a young half to survive and prosper behind that Knights pack (which was NSW Cup standard last year) really highlights what sort of future this kid has.

Sign him up and lets build for the future rather than find a band aid to help us scrape into the bottom of the 8 again next year. I'd rather miss the 8 altogether next year and have a shot at a premiership in 1-2 seasons time, than watch a Hodkinson or Carney hold up the process for another year.
Lamb is still under contract for 2018 and Newcastle are adamant that they won't release him early, however if we were to sign him up for 2019, then Newcastle will see that he's not in their plans and perhaps release him early ,seeing that at this stage nobody is interested in taking Hodko off their hands.

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
I know this other player is definitely being released regardless of who we sign. I just really think it's negative to be chasing these stop gap solutions.

On most occasions I agree re stop gaps however on this occasion it could be best option given belief that metcalf will be good to go 2019

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Personally really rated Carney back in that time and knew he would have a massive season at Roosters - thing is, that was a long time ago and many of his key assets (especially speed) will not be near that peak level.
He has still been playing at ESL level, but lets face it - that's pretty much Qld Cup level with the exception of some talent that would slot into the NRL as proven in the past.
Still prefer him to Hodgkinson but feel Hastings, now knowing he has a chance to make that spot his own, could easily step up and exceed expectation....this is the chance he has been waiting for and could get that attitude adjusted with Manly reaping the rewards.
Carney at a $150,000 gig would be a worthwhile shot, but if Hastings was sent packing and proved he is the real deal at another club and 1 of these old boys came over and played busted, would top off an ordinary off season.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
All I have heard Baz say (from his own mouth) is that they have some cash and are in no hurry to make any decisions.

I don't think they are chasing any stop gap option ... however if ex-SOO players become available for under $200k they would be negligent not to consider.

As for Carney ... he is an award winning numbnutt ...

eaglebuzz

Bencher
There have been whispers of Morgan leaving the Cowboys for a while now, and now they’re thinking about Carney...

Any chance maybe we’re sniffing out Morgan behind the scenes?

cava2323

Reserve Grader
I watch a lot of super league over here in Europe, he’s never bloddy playing. Always injured. He’s not getting any younger and was next to useless at Catalans 2016. Wouldn’t cut it even if fit. Reserve grader unfortunately

manly al

First Grader
Just seems a case at the present time in terms of the Manly Half"s situation of trying the best of the least worst options . Croaker maybe not quite ready , Cullen not really suited , Hastings [ probably leaving ] Metcalfe very promising but some time off, Hodko busted . So in some ways it is unavoidable that this year will or does just require a stop gap measure arrangement . Carney on at least anecdotal indications , most likely fit and good enough to return to the NRL on a modest contract and why not with Manly given the current circumstances . There was serious talk or consideration to have a busted Hodko as a back up half , so again and regardless of some of his past [ and i stress past silly antics ] why not Carney ? and if he would essentially be on the same proposed money as Hodko . Maybe Install and include some very strict and binding conditions in his contract in regard to behaviour or general conduct matters . Maybe guys like Lamb can be enticed to Manly in 2019 but the club still has to get through 2018 with the best half's options available and to perform at a competitive level for all concerned with the Manly club"s best interests . In any case and at this stage , it is only apparently a "monitoring ' situation with Baz "s interest in Carney .

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member

No doubt Lamb is a much better option BUT the Knights will probably play hard ball and not release him.

He may well walk away from them at the end of 2018 but I have a feeling he’ll still be on the books at Knightsville for next season.

Last edited:

manly al

First Grader
There have been whispers of Morgan leaving the Cowboys for a while now, and now they’re thinking about Carney...

Any chance maybe we’re sniffing out Morgan behind the scenes?
Doubt it , Probably just trying to increase his bargaining power with the Cowboys in general . J T 's final year next season apparently , they won't want to let go Morgan . Their 20 "s half back looks pretty handy as well

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
I've said it a few times but whoever we sign should also be a goal kicker. Lamb, Hodkinson or Carney, out of that lot I'd go after Lamb only because he's young, the other two have their best years behind them.

Having said that we have Hastings who's a very good goal kicker, I'm not sure if Croker is a goal kicker.

brad

First Grader
Id jump all over this if we are interested . From what ive seen of him , the boy can play . Cliffy lyons has backed him in also so id think that would be a pretty good recommendation.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Where has all this Todd Carney love come from?

The last good season he had in the NRL was in 2010 with the Chooks. That's going on eight years ago.

He had one good season kicking goals and the rest of his career, he was a back up kicker. He doesn't have a good kicking game in general play, it's adequate at best. He has a winning ratio of better than 50% in only two seasons throughout his time in the NRL...he is no match winner.

He is also a runner of the ball, not an organiser.

I remember he turned up at Brookie in 2013 with this stupid bleached hair style and we pumped Cronulla that day and he was awful and I remember thinking, geez I am glad we don't have this moron playing for us.

Flash forward 5 years and a couple more misdemeanours later, and all of the sudden he is a serious option?!

I'm flabbergasted.

If we want to be the laughing stock of the NRL, let's sign a washed up goose that was never that special to begin with and give him chance no.100 to **** up.

I honestly wouldn't mind so much that he is a ratbag if I thought he would offer something from a footballing standpoint, but he is not going to offer much. Granted he has better knees that Hodkinson but neither are the answer.
You are right he was never any good to begin with .
Every average player achieves
Dally M Medallist for the NRL's best player of the year , and gets to play for
NSW and Australia .
At 31 years of age he is over the hill with terminal and chronic injuries that he cant even stand up on his own two feet to have a piss .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I've said it a few times but whoever we sign should also be a goal kicker. Lamb, Hodkinson or Carney, out of that lot I'd go after Lamb only because he's young, the other two have their best years behind them.

Having said that we have Hastings who's a very good goal kicker, I'm not sure if Croker is a goal kicker.
The Crocker experience .....
Crocker has played only one NRL game with the Raiders back in 2016 and is expected to steer our team around and take the pressure off DCE .

Good luck Son !!!

MANLY4LIFE

Bencher
Facebook world saying carney to cowgirls done deal 2 yr contract ! That can only mean hodko dodgy knees is one step closer to coming back to us now !!!! WOW !!!!!!!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16