666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Doubt it , Probably just trying to increase his bargaining power with the Cowboys in general . J T 's final year next season apparently , they won't want to let go Morgan . Their 20 "s half back looks pretty handy as well
Yeah, no chance they will be letting Morgan go. Us signing him is pie in the sky stuff.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Bob Fulton is is hero ...
Bozo-designstyle-i-love-m.png

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The Crocker experience .....
Crocker has played only one NRL game with the Raiders back in 2016 and is expected to steer our team around and take the pressure off DCE .

Good luck Son !!!

Bob Fulton is his hero ...

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Im just trying to make sense of why why the Cowboys want Carney. They already have Thurston, Morgan and Martin.
An experienced back up half . Thurston is recovering form a serious shoulder operation . We have no experienced back up half .

Last edited:

Kevinward777

First Grader
TBH I would much prefer us to go with Hastings and use the $800k to sign a top liner when they come on the market (which they always do, have a look at some of the quality signings made during the season over the last five years) Of the Current players being discussed as a halves signing, Brock Lamb is the only one I’d take. I watch a fair bit of Super League and I can say without hesitation, Todd Carney is barely a shadow of the player he once was.

double hoops

First Grader
It has been 3 years. The big question, has he stayed out of trouble in that time? If he has? he has demonstrated he is a fit and proper person.

If he really wants to be in the NRL, it's clear he will be under more scrutiny then any other sportsman in the country. He brings the ability to cope with that experience both on and off field.

Let's get him and focus on a forward or two. I still think someone to get very excited about is on the cards.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
TBH I would much prefer us to go with Hastings and use the $800k to sign a top liner when they come on the market (which they always do, have a look at some of the quality signings made during the season over the last five years) Of the Current players being discussed as a halves signing, Brock Lamb is the only one I’d take. I watch a fair bit of Super League and I can say without hesitation, Todd Carney is barely a shadow of the player he once was.
Here is some SL highlights. Who's shadow were you watching ?

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Sporting news .....
Lodge and Packer are back so why not Carney

Compared to Packer and Lodge, Carney is a model citizen.

In late 2013, Packer punched a man to the ground and then stomped on his head, the judge describing his actions ‘cowardly and deplorable’ in sentencing him to two years’ prison.

He was back playing in the NRL by 2016.

Lodge was arrested at gunpoint by New York police after going on a rampage in October, 2015.

He held two women against their will, telling one 'Do you think you're going to die? This is the night you're going to die’ before bursting into a nearby apartment and terrorising a young family.

Lodge will be back playing for the Broncos next year.

Carney’s crimes?

Is being a fool a felon?

If so, he should be rubbed out for life.

But Carney’s rap sheet – admittedly long – is full of self-inflicted dumb-arse actions from a bloke who thinks IQ is something only used to record shows on Foxtel.

Low-range drink driving, driving unlicensed, reckless driving, breaking club-imposed alcohol bans, urinating on a man in a nightclub and then, finally, turning the bubbler on himself.

Carney left the NRL with little choice but to banish him.

He was embarrassing the game and himself.

He was cut loose in mid-2014 and has spent three years floating around the Super League, with NRL clubs taking periodic interest in luring him home.

Manly is the latest club to express interest in Carney, convinced they are the club that could possibly reform the tattooed recidivist.

Is he worth the risk?

Carney’s former captain Paul Gallen summed it up well.

“We all know Todd Carney’s ability and, if he’s got a point to prove, I know he can knuckle down and train and get to where he needs to be,” Gal wrote on Sporting News.

“The challenge for him then is to maintain that level of commitment and desire.

“Being a true professional week in, week out is something he has struggled with all his career.

“Can he finally get that right?”

We may be about to find out.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
The Crocker experience .....
Crocker has played only one NRL game with the Raiders back in 2016 and is expected to steer our team around and take the pressure off DCE .

Good luck Son !!!

I said Hastings would be my first choice.

BTW Highlight reels can make anyone look good, go have a look at Aaron Groom's highlight reel and we all know what happened to him.

• 🤝
Reactions: R3

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I said Hastings would be my first choice.

BTW Highlight reels can make anyone look good, go have a look at Aaron Groom's highlight reel and we all know what happened to him.
Aaron Groom Did not play for NSW , Australia and also win NRL player of the year .
How many 1st grade games did Groom Play ?

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Aaron Groom Did not play for NSW , Australia and also win NRL player of the year .
How many 1st grade games did Groom Play ?

Did you bother to read my post? Read it again, a highlight reel can make anyone look good.
They're not going to show their weakness are they?

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Did you bother to read my post? Read it again, a highlight reel can make anyone look good.
They're not going to show their weakness are they?
Did you bother to read my post ?
Represented NSW , Australia and won NRL Player of the year in the year Thurston was playing .

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16