A game of 2 halves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rynostradamus

Reserve Grader
I think the major problem with our attack is very simple. For years DCE has played at Manly as the only playmaker, lacking a genuine 5/8 for the most part of his infamous contract.

Chez has had licence to rove across the whole field and "inject" himself to "spark" our attack. The problem when an individual does this is no one else in the attacking structure is sure when the jab is coming. This leads to oh is that my ball knock ons we are seeing. Not clear practiced attacking lines.

When Tom has been good Chez has been less needed on the left as a playmaker. Which leaves him on the right sorting his runners out and reading numbers, engaging the line and using his amazing passing game. We all know Suli has had bugger all clean early ball in space, Garrick scored 3 tries last year on the right and won lotto last week for that one on the left, and big sirro wearing the world's biggest sporting leg splint can only run back in on a 45 straight at the markers.

Instead of having chez as ball runner/kicker, Sirro STRAIGHT, hard and short off his shoulder, the ball shooting in front of him or wedging behind to Suli or his famous cut out to the right winger they lose all shape and chez does his little crab and pirouette and attempt to shift it left or getting smashed. Saab needs to play left winger outside shoe.

Speaking of which, and my point wasn't he on the left when rava smashed him...

Schuster has arrived and proven himself. Foran had a solid dig last game. But he was also showing up on the right in what was a sad nod to Des tactical "genius" to have both halves link up 80s style. In a full open field maybe. On one half of the field when the ball is played at the posts no.

Foran has to play 14 in a "Benji" role. Cust is our best available attacking hooker. Croker pack your bags and take jetski with you. Ben T straight to the left edge, he is in our top 30, go watch the highlights of him running off the shoe (this man is the next Beaver), and please no one say our limp defence will suffer with this change.The man is a turbo brother get him out there immediately. You won't see it on highlight reels but they have also been defending together for years. That is so important.

Walker to centre don't need this wanna be 5/8 fullback also chiming in and breaking our structure down ball playing, run it at centre for the rest of the year as Parker is out as is Garrick. We bought Christian for 4 years from the chooks and he is being held back by butterfingers. Harper to fb until Tommy is back and when he is his again out.

The left is the shoes he fits. Chez to the right only (see him showing up on the left for QLD and telling munster what to do?).Keep it simple stupid Des because for the last 11 games we have been the worst I have witnessed in our colours. Start by being clear on roles in attack. Don't have players dragged across the field if there is a turnover this way we are in place and not giving away length of the field sets and tries.

Then flog the **** out of the team on the paddock defensively until they are fit, see ya Donny thanks for the memories.

Oh and give Jake his ball playing licence back in the middle third ffs.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8