A good (but little bit sad) piece on Starlo and Bleary

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Starling exceeded expectations early days with extra enthusiasm, that has dwindled away to nothing leaving only his playing ability....this ability alone is not enough & riddled with errors & tackles at crucial times. We can all like him, but with 1 more key forward signing & who is coming through already in 2017....doubt he would have got a run at Manly.
Leary imo is not too bad & a decent lightweight Backrow utility...in fact - prefer him over Brown....but again, with a far better lightweight option in Buhrer, was always only a fill in standard player.

really we are not that badly off for forwards .... but damn a fast wing that can catch a high ball or at least compete for it would be awesome ... especially if he could kick goals ... damn the donkeys Mead would have been great

Brad Parker

For a centre he is good under the high ball and he has speed to burn.

Train him there for round 1, only going to get better

Wish we could have kept starling even just for depth.

Reckon he'll get a contract somewhere in the off season.

Yeah look I hate to spread negativity here but honestly.. I need to see SOME evidence of coaching ability reflected in the way our boys perform in the first half dozen games of 2017. Just seeing Hoss in the box I cringed thinkin 'Christ he must have had a 30% win rate as a head coach' and then you had poor old Trent looking like a deer in headlights as we lost game after game this year lol I hope it works out.. But I'm damn sure contingency coaching plans are in place if it's more of the same embarrassing stuff as this year.

Yeah look I hate to spread negativity here but honestly.. I need to see SOME evidence of coaching ability reflected in the way our boys perform in the first half dozen games of 2017. Just seeing Hoss in the box I cringed thinkin 'Christ he must have had a 30% win rate as a head coach' and then you had poor old Trent looking like a deer in headlights as we lost game after game this year lol I hope it works out.. But I'm damn sure contingency coaching plans are in place if it's more of the same embarrassing stuff as this year.

You can bet they have a plan B

Twenty would have about 8 weeks I'd say, if we are 1/8 after that you can bet the removal truck will be being booked to go to his house!!

Yep both those doods were goers but average. What we really need are a few brutal and basic cheap metre eater forwards. Lets face it this year Lussick led the way for us. Prior to him being injected into the team we had no one showing the way cept Jakey. (As usual) Sad given Kapow and Myles were there but don't get me started. We need blokes to lift the crowd at Brooky with fearless charges at the line - some inspiration ffs. We lacked that a little this year - oh hang on Vave provided that but we've offloaded him to Parra...
Mate, not sure what you've been watching but you can't have been watching Kapow too closely - he has made more metres per game than any other Manly forward. He has been awesome.

I'm annoyed to let Leary go but really he's just discount Buhrer

Starling I'm happy he's gone,belongs in England or Bundy cup,the bloke is a prop and his highlight reel would consist of about 2 tries and 5 chasing tackles looped for 5 minutes

I really don't understand the Kapow hate,for me i was excited when he touched the ball,brute force line breaks all round

Jake tries as hard but has nowhere near Kapows explosiveness with the ball,still the kid has good leg drive....but everyone loves him even though he's second best,now don't get salty i know dem tackles are lightning in a bottle but i guess i expect more attacking power out of our highest rated forward

Wouldn't say we off loaded Vave, more like Parra were prepared to pay more money - funny that, their recent history suggests they do that more than they should.
Parra will be his fifth move in 7 seasons - he had two stints at the Sharks -without ever setting the world on fire.
Yes, this was his best year to date and I'd say we'd have preferred to keep him but he's gone for more $$ I'd imagine.
Vave is a massive loss for manly he didn't sign for us for much moore he just wants to play for brad like gutho, gutho is like a son to brad vave will step up a few levels under brad

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6