A Manly premiership winning captain can't sign for Parra!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Shane link said:
The people with brains my good chap,you know the ones who get payed to know about footy?

Paid to know about it (not payed BTW), or paid to talk about it?

Just because you get some money for something doesn't make you an expert.

And thank you Mark, I thought that was obvious :)

So he'll be the second best halfback ever to leave Manly to go to Parra.

Orford can sign for who he wants. Frankly, I don't care about Parra - I care about Manly. Nothing against him but footy is a sport and a business.

Shane link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=185745.msg302116#msg302116 date=1286860459]
Jeez you are a s**t stirrer Fro!!

Ugh,Trolled by the biggest merkin.....
[/quote]

?? What's a snatch cover got to do with it?  ???

The ESL clubs aren't stupid, there is always the risk an import player will seek an early release from his contract to return home.
You will find the clubs normally don't pay the majority of the contracts until the final year. This helps to discourage players from seeking an early release.
Matt Orford got greedy, I don't blame him for chasing the big bucks but money isn't eveything. The lifestyle he had living in Australia is worth taking a pay cut for. England is a depressing place to live especially after growing up around the beaches.
Unfortunately for him he had to learn the hard way.
Manly had just won the 2008 Grand Final, he was the Dally M medalist and premiership winnning captain. I'm sure if he had to make the decision again he would have taken the pay cut and stayed at Manly.

Everyone has put forth valid points and opinions, but some are missing my point.

I'm not against it because its Matt Orford who will sign for Parra... I am against it because its a Manly premiership winning captain who will be signing for Parra.

No matter who it was... Whether Robertson was the premiership captain, Glenn Hall, etc. You can't sign for the biggest enemy!

Manly premiership winning captains are an elite group, and to go to a piece of **** club like Parra - the club that has been in Manly's shadow since they both entered the competition in 1947 - after captaining Manly (their biggest rivals) to a premiership is still incomprehensible to me, despite the fact that football is more a business nowadays.

P@$ki link said:
Everyone has put forth valid points and opinions, but some are missing my point.

I'm not against it because its Matt Orford who will sign for Parra... I am against it because its a Manly premiership winning captain who will be signing for Parra.

No matter who it was... Whether Robertson was the premiership captain, Glenn Hall, etc. You can't sign for the biggest enemy!

Manly premiership winning captains are an elite group, and to go to a piece of s**t club like Parra - the club that has been in Manly's shadow since they both entered the competition in 1947 - after captaining Manly (their biggest rivals) to a premiership is still incomprehensible to me, despite the fact that football is more a business nowadays.

Rivalries are for the fans. The players generally don't give a stuff.
Even with the local juniors to an extent.

[/quote]

Absolutely 110% Duff

Mark from Brisbane link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=185745.msg302223#msg302223 date=1286938040]

Absolutely 110% Duff
[/quote]
Not necessarily true.
For the players there are definitely some rivalries that become very meaningful. Such as us and the Storm. It was a pretty good rivalry already but after what they did to Snake and towelling us up in 2008 don't you think our players were extra keen to get them next time? Same as this year with the Tigers.

Therefore, unlike Mark, I could only agree with Duff about 100%. (Sorry Duff.)

I hope he does sign for the eels , it'll give me more reason to want to see them lose, if that was at all possible...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6