A New Era Awaits

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The new logo better reflects our Club. It represents our pillars (Resilience, Respect, Legacy and Family
Know you’re just the messenger here, but that is complete marketing waffle, how does just leaving the head represent any of those ‘pillars’ more than the complete bird lol.

Actually, now that I think about it, they may be on the right track in 1 regard, but they should just leave the wings and talons etc without the head, because the Penn legacy seems to be decapitating Manly, treating past legends with zero respect and cutting out lifelong families from the club

Lets all be happy and grateful we still have a club, we still wear the Maroon and White, we still have a Sea Eagle as our emblem, We still play out of Brookie and most importantly we are still called the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.
And the bonus is that our jersey really still does reflect our heritage and past with the mighty Maroon and White hoops.

Seriously some people must wake up in the morning with "LOSER" written all over their forehead and then carry that grudge through life.

In the not so distant past we nearly didn't have a team, we had a merger that meant we no longer had our colours, we looked at playing games elsewhere, we had lost all our heritage and tradition over night ( just ask Beaver, his record is not even recognised because technically he was playing for another club rather than the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles).

Do you really want to go back to The Norther Eagles or relocate to Perth blah blah blah or how about lets not exist at all... All the doom and gloom for what a logo?? wake up people...

Pride Round Logo

Attachments

• IMG_1110.jpeg
    IMG_1110.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 5
It feels a little bit "Sprung on us", but I don't really hate the design, will just take a bit to warm to it personally.
I guess if we start winning plenty of footy games wearing this New emblem, it may grow on all of us a bit quicker....if 2024 does not get better results, this New Era/ New emblem stuff my seem just a weird suprise to take the heat off the Manly setup that has struggled to bring results in recent years.

Love the Aggressive Eagle Emblem that is our Symbolic badge of Manly honour
Our Legendary Eagle emblem , Maroon and White colors and Manly tradition lives on !

All we have to do now is honour our Legendary club and live up to its Great Premiership Winning Standards that defines its Greatness
Lower our Legendary clubs Great Standards and we stand for nothing Great

A new Era Awaits ?
Awaits what ?
What the fck are we waiting for @The Wheel ?
What is this half hearted Mediocre statement from our club ?
Where is our confidence faith and conviction ?
Is this another Mestrov Ideology ?

Let us start our new era with this Defiant Manly Statement
A NEW ERA AWAITS
A NEW MANLY SEA EAGLES WAVE OF DOMINANCE
1697511208099.png

Lets all be happy and grateful we still have a club,
Our Magnificent Manly Sea eagles club was not meant to merely exist
Our Legendary Manly club was meant to Excel and Conquer
Time to pull our fingers out and fly high like Manly Eagles are meant to fly
and live up to its high Premiership winning standards
1697513357980.png

this New Era/ New emblem stuff my seem just a weird suprise to take the heat off the Manly setup that has struggled to bring results in recent years.
Thank you for your post perspective feathered friend @maxta
The Greatest Manly Traditional Winning way to honour our Legendary club is by adding another Manly Premiership and living up to its Winning ways

Let us all focus on what matters most at Manly and that is being Winners above all else

I really don't see what all the commotion is about. We are just modernising our logo like many other teams. Our logo was dated. The days of the badge and shield style are going. Tigers, Roosters, Broncos, Raiders, Knights have all moved in this direction. Yes, its a similar pattern to USA sports, but so what... we need to progress and stay relative to the younger and future generation of NRL and more importantly Manly supporters, my two young sons 15 and 13 love the new look.

When they say 2 years in the making, I think this is how the timeline went.
2 years ago: "let's have a brand redesign, we need a freshen up" - everyone nods in agreement
2 weeks ago: " we've got the launch date for our redesign in 2 weeks, presentation is tomorrow " - designer thinks "****, I'd forgotten about that " then proceeds to hurriedly scribble down a design on the back of his cig packet.
The day of the presentation "after extensive market research this design appealed to the greater demographic yadda yadda yadda, load of marketing bull**** that no-one understands"- everyone nods in agreement

I'm not the biggest fan of the new logo. The club did the same thing like the West Tigers did with its logo by removing everything but the head. 😠

The website page story and video seem to be making subtle focus on the SEA EAGLES club representing the Northern Beaches and from Palm Beach south. Wonder if this is de-emphasizing Manly to a sub name, as on the 2024 jersey. Not that the fans will ever chant anything else at Brookie anyway.

Not that there is anything wrong with the club trying to broaden the reach.

In the video when it shows Palm Beach, if you squint you can nearly see the Brisbane Waters & the old home of the Northern Eagles.

Can someone explain the logic to me of having "Manly-Warringah" below "Sea Eagles"? I know it's same for the Broncos logo, with the "Brisbane" being below the "Broncos" part, but it still seemed completely backwards to me. Is it a matter of looks? Or are we trying to pretend to be the Broncos with the chopped off head, strange font and all that, in the hopes of being in a grand final? XD

Can someone explain the logic to me of having "Manly-Warringah" below "Sea Eagles"? I know it's same for the Broncos logo, with the "Brisbane" being below the "Broncos" part, but it still seemed completely backwards to me. Is it a matter of looks? Or are we trying to pretend to be the Broncos with the chopped off head, strange font and all that, in the hopes of being in a grand final? XD
I hope not, but it may be along the lines of 1990s where Sharks and Bulldogs dropped their suburban names in the hope of getting a broader audience. Like the Dolphins are trying too.

To be fair a redesign like that is not really targeted at anyone on here as we are all going to support the team etc no matter what really. As others have said it is more about expanding the reach / consistency across media and merch.

Also as we all know the NFL is miles ahead of the NRL in general - take a look at the simplicity of their logos.

Finally I could understand the gripe if we had never changed it by we have had what 6 or 7 which is almost a new one every 10 years or so..

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10