A pen for the CEO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
vidmar link said:
I think I'm right in saying that Wayne Honeywood (Financial Controller) would be the signatory for any contracts but certainly Graham Lowe would have significant input on terms.

I might contact Lowey and Crusher and ask them to tell me who they are chasing, who they are re-signing and what the dollars and terms are on the table so that I can post it on a public forum.

Then again....

I do know that there is currently talks that are well advanced with major sponsors so I'll just check to see if I can post those details as well and also the amounts and terms and conditions as I'm not sure what protocol is?

Not trying to be \"I know something that you don't\" here (realistically I'm not involved and certainly have no influence as with many business dealings they are on a need to know basis which is wise)...rather I'm just hopefully injecting some common sense to the thread?

haha, nice post.

My only concern is why Foran has not signed, who knows he might have done so already but it has not been reported.  However if he did agree to terms months ago as reported he should have been signed up by now.  I am sure you agree.  A few months is plenty of time to get everything sorted, printed and signed. 

Agree re Foran - In all honesty I'm not sure where the club is at currently.

Not sure if it is poor communication back to fans or other aspects - I'll get in contact with the club tomorrow to feed back some of the comments re poor communication on injuries, resigning etc etc and let you know what/when I can.

Respect noted WAMF
Isz - I'll PM you tomorrow as a follow up to our last email exchange?

vidmar link said:
Agree re Foran - In all honesty I'm not sure where the club is at currently.

Not sure if it is poor communication back to fans or other aspects - I'll get in contact with the club tomorrow to feed back some of the comments re poor communication on injuries, resigning etc etc and let you know what/when I can.

Respect noted WAMF
Thanks Vid. That would be great.
My comments on the CEO all stem from absolute frustration at hearing NOTHING from the club about the above.

Sixth on the ladder, 2 points out of the top 4 even with a swag of injuries and new combinations etc etc

Onwards and upwards mate - keep the faith?

vidmar link said:
Request sent WAMF - will see what I can get back
Cheers, Vid
You are a good man for going to the effort mate.
Much appreciated and look forward to any update.

WAMF link said:
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=183856.msg271767#msg271767 date=1278319242]
Cheers, Vid
[/quote]

As a follow up - I heard back from Sarah - K Foran has not re-signed a contract as yet (not sure why - so have asked for an update) - injury details will be updated on mwse soon apparently.

oh well that seems to sum up the front office these days tell us nothing and what they do tell us is not quite the truth .... this is bad if we have not signed foran we have a huge problem ....there must still trouble in the manly camp somewhere as we have gone from a club that players were dying to come to , to a club that cant even keep the ones that we have on our books now ..

vidmar link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=183856.msg271902#msg271902 date=1278383252]
Cheers, Vid
[/quote]

As a follow up - I heard back from Sarah - K Foran has not re-signed a contract as yet (not sure why - so have asked for an update) - injury details will be updated on mwse soon apparently.
[/quote]
Thanks mate.
That answer will do me. Looks like Foran is gooooorne.

vidmar link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=183856.msg271902#msg271902 date=1278383252]
Cheers, Vid
[/quote]

[/quote]
I could live with the fact that the Bulldogs snuck under our guard and took Hodkinson, and I'm loathe to criticize management but what hell are they up to.
I would have thought Foran would have been seen as key signing to keep the club competitive.

Some people need to keep in perspective that there are two lots of signatures on a contract - one from the club and one from the player. There are also managers in between.

Basically we have no idea what is going on or why the signings are yet to take place, if at all. Rumours from the usual suspects blame Lowe and his competence (or lack thereof) but how do we know that a) certain players are fishing for more money by playing clubs off against each other, b) that Manly is holding off trying to buy a 'blue-chip' player or c) that the signings have taken place but have not yet been announced.

Reports say that Matai was originally told to take a walk, which seems to indicate that big money was headed somewhere else. I was as sad as anything to see Hodko 'go to the Dogs' and join their halves factory (6 of them) but I haven't seen anything in him to suggest he is worth $300000 a season as yet. Maybe our recruitment team know what they are doing? The saying goes "That what Des wants, Des gets!"

Canteen Worker link said:
Some people need to keep in perspective that there are two lots of signatures on a contract - one from the club and one from the player. There are also managers in between.

....and sometimes two sets of books and contracts to sign

Canteen, I'm pretty sure Des didn't want to lose Hodko. Nor JWH. Nor does he want to lose Matai. The cap / opportunity is dictating that these days.

That being said, I would be pretty upset if we become one of those teams that have to pay overs for players like Souths were a few years ago.

Teams like St George, Brisbane and that tend to have players that "seem" to play for less just to be there.

HOPEFULLY, we have that culture.

Foran could also have agreed to the general terms of the contract (eg pay/term etc) but the fine print is still being worked through before pen can be out to paper?

The Wheel link said:
Foran could also have agreed to the general terms of the contract (eg pay/term etc) but the fine print is still being worked through before pen can be out to paper?
For 6 months?
We all know a contract of this nature needs to be signed. There is no deal until such time, so at the moment, Foran remains on the open market where Manly can quite easily be trumped by other clubs.
That is the reality.

WAMF link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=183856.msg272135#msg272135 date=1278458434]
For 6 months?
We all know a contract of this nature needs to be signed. There is no deal until such time, so at the moment, Foran remains on the open market where Manly can quite easily be trumped by other clubs.
That is the reality.
[/quote]

Mate, I'm guessing that the club will have sussed this out for themselves?

There comes a point where common sense has to prevail and we have to understand that the people who are involved in the process will be looking to do what is the best for the club?

If a signed contract from a player hasn't been finalised then there would have to be valid reasons and I'd be comfortable that those invovled from the club would be doing whatever possible to be sorting that out as soon as they could if they wished to retain a player.

I'd suggest it is a foolish notion to be speculating that the club's exec would be dragging their feet if a deal was imminent?

If you look who we have involved at the top with people like Crusher, Lowey, Des, Tooves and Wayne Honeywood they have many many years of experience in the sport and the spotting, development and management of footy talent and all that goes with the contractual aspects of such so am comfortable that as best as can be done then these gentleman would be doing it?

maybe if the club communicated to its paying members rather than treating us like mushrooms people like wamf wouldn't be thinking the way they are.

It shouldn't be up to you vid to go asking questions on our behalf, we have parted with our cash to support the club and feel like we belong to the club, shame that once we part with our cash we are no longer important.

Communication between mwse and the fan base has gone down hill at a rapid rate over the last 12 months due to loss of two employees.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8