A PLAN TO SAVE BRETT STEWART

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can a player have a second job? As in work for a company a day a week or something.

I could use a new labourer on the next project........$500 per hour ;)

i cant beleive how ignorant some of you people are. Third party sponsorship is about keepinhg players in our code, not our club. Otherwise it would make it impossible to compete with thge likes of brisbane etc, and melbourne woulnt have had to hid etheir payments. There is no doubt ythey had companies prepared to throw money at players. They wouldve just funnelled money directly to players rather than being an official sponsor. How would we go against tinkler. I wish i lived in the world some of you guys lived in, my ears would be filed with "la la la la l" and my eyes would only see beautiful women desperate to sleep with me

Biscuits said:
i cant beleive how ignorant some of you people are. Third party sponsorship is about keepinhg players in our code, not our club. Otherwise it would make it impossible to compete with thge likes of brisbane etc, and melbourne woulnt have had to hid etheir payments. There is no doubt ythey had companies prepared to throw money at players. They wouldve just funnelled money directly to players rather than being an official sponsor. How would we go against tinkler. I wish i lived in the world some of you guys lived in, my ears would be filed with "la la la la l" and my eyes would only see beautiful women desperate to sleep with me

Thanks for the lecture, but it doesn't clear up what we are trying to do. A company/business pays a player for promotional work, and funds it through anonymous donations from individuals. Is that legal?

The Who said:
Biscuits said:

Thanks for the lecture, but it doesn't clear up what we are trying to do. A company/business pays a player for promotional work, and funds it through anonymous donations from individuals. Is that legal?

If Dan turned Silvertails into a $2 company and then got donations off people would that work
or as stated someone else wanted to use their company

just a few stats
25,000 Manly fans at least at last years GF
50,000+ FB Likes
10,000 Twitter followers

I think with a bit of spreading the word around people would donate $10 at the least

From what I understand 3rd party money cant be sponsors of the club/team
There was another thread on this which I had committed some dollars and would like to know more Eaglerob...PM me if u can

Manly should launch 'Adopt A Sea Eagle' drive - I am happy to sponsor Matai. Weekly visits to watch him frolic with the convocation of Sea Eagles in winter :angel:

T-Rex feeding costs, from all reports, would ruin anyone but a Butcher, unfortunately :D

Brett's 'tempremental knees' may mean that all other Clubs drop off and he stays till Gelnn's contract is completed end 2014.

Hey Biscuits...crummy answer pal....its a theory at the moment that may or may not be possible...but dont take the p*ss out of it just yet....

As stated before by someone else, you would need to be paying the guy to stay in the NRL, not at Manly themselves. Otherwise, its going to be in the cap and we don't want that. In this case, it won't work. In addition, I don't know who eaglerob is so I am very hesitant to give him my money.

Pay him at the end of the season only. If he leaves and "the company " goes broke well that's just business sorry Brett but stay and get paid.

Im not sure that its about keeping them in the nrl....The Thoroughbreds were tipping into Lockyers coffers and that didnt go into the cap.

Well if we're that tight in the cap the first thing I would do is hand over Lussick to the chooks. Then if we really need to and I hate to do this, release Matai and we have quite a bit of depth to cover for him. Should give us quite a bit of space. We've already lost Robbo, Hoppa and Rodney, should have some room left for the Stewarts and Foran, even though we resigned Cherry.

swoop said:
Masked Eagle said:
Why don't we boycott McDonalds until they pay him?

Better still we could get big George to boycott them.lol
Why do people put **** on George I don't this anti George agenda on here.
Swoop I might not pointing finger at u there's a few people on here who are pretty nasty about the bloke.

Jono said:
As stated before by someone else, you would need to be paying the guy to stay in the NRL, not at Manly themselves. Otherwise, its going to be in the cap and we don't want that. In this case, it won't work. In addition, I don't know who eaglerob is so I am very hesitant to give him my money.

Jono I can assure you, the money WILL NOT be coming to me!!!! I am not claiming that this is the answer, however, there will be an update on this subject really soon. Thanks.

Cambo said:
swoop said:
Masked Eagle said:
Why don't we boycott McDonalds until they pay him?

Better still we could get big George to boycott them.lol
Why do people put s**t on George I don't this anti George agenda on here.
Swoop I might not pointing finger at u there's a few people on here who are pretty nasty about the bloke.

Mate, It was tongue in cheek comment. I know there's quite a few who put **** on him. Personally I wouldn't care how big as long as he can do the job. To date I've never seen big Georgie not putting in 100%.

What nonsense...he is signed sealed and delivered...NOT to Manly.

Love your passion but-it's a pity things are not so simplistic!

quinny said:
What nonsense...he is signed sealed and delivered...NOT to Manly.

Hey Quinny,
I would not have clue whether Brett has or has not signed with Manly, Dragons or the Windsor Wolves but I dont understand why Perry would be saying this if Brett has already signed elsewhere.

But Perry said yesterday the club was doing everything in its power to retain Stewart.

''We're really keen to keep Brett Stewart,'' Perry said. ''[Coach Geoff Toovey] and I would love to have him, and we're working with his management group at the moment.''

How come you know?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6