A radical rule change

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What's killing the game (at least in my opinion) are these p*ss-poor, grey area, knee jerk, subjective bullsh*t ruck area penalties.

With these little bastaards tucked away in their little black books, these jumped pink or green imbeciles that police the game can alter the ebb and flow of the game. A run of penalties one way or another, inevitably gives momentum to the team of their choice. I'm not suggesting they're biased, but if they are they've been given the perfect tool with which to influence games. Again, without suggesting any bias, these rules which give such power to such petty little men tend to be implemented at amazingly strategic times of games, and with incredible inconsistency from team to team, game to game or week to week. There's no black and white rule: it's completely subjective and thus liable to both misuse and corruption.

Not that I'm suggesting that there could be bias, or corruption in the NRL.

What concerns me is that I can't count on a team to win because of player brilliance any more. Heroic plays? Silky ball playing skills? Defensive grunt beating a team into submission? Nope. 5 ruck penalties in a row, a massive weight of possession and half a dozen kicks at a wing until someone falls on the ball..

F*ck Me. Dead.

What's killing the game (at least in my opinion) are these p*ss-poor, grey area, knee jerk, subjective bullsh*t ruck area penalties.

With these little bastaards tucked away in their little black books, these jumped pink or green imbeciles that police the game can alter the ebb and flow of the game. A run of penalties one way or another, inevitably gives momentum to the team of their choice. I'm not suggesting they're biased, but if they are they've been given the perfect tool with which to influence games. Again, without suggesting any bias, these rules which give such power to such petty little men tend to be implemented at amazingly strategic times of games, and with incredible inconsistency from team to team, game to game or week to week. There's no black and white rule: it's completely subjective and thus liable to both misuse and corruption.

Not that I'm suggesting that there could be bias, or corruption in the NRL.

What concerns me is that I can't count on a team to win because of player brilliance any more. Heroic plays? Silky ball playing skills? Defensive grunt beating a team into submission? Nope. 5 ruck penalties in a row, a massive weight of possession and half a dozen kicks at a wing until someone falls on the ball..

F*ck Me. Dead.
Agree KOMORI but I believe there is bias. Never forget Hayne's performance in the grand final. It is so easy for the pinkies to lead a side to victory these days.

Agree KOMORI but I believe there is bias. Never forget Hayne's performance in the grand final. It is so easy for the pinkies to lead a side to victory these days.
The over complication of the rules of rugby league have given petty little officials more power in the game than Joey Johns ever had. Or Wally Lewis or Ricky Stuart or Cliff Lyons or Phil Blake: all men noted for their ability to turn a game of football on its head. These guys could simply take a game away from their opponents through sheer talent, and did so for their whole careers.

Now you see average play makers like Mitchell Pearce winning grand finals on the back of a referee and his ability to kick to a tall winger who's only skill is out-jumping his opposition and grounding the ball.. Pearce is perhaps the most average play maker I've ever seen, yet in today's game he's valuable. Go figure...

Speaking of rule changes, the reduction in the interchange and shot clock will according to all in the know open the game up towards the latter part of each half opening up the opportunity for the smaller players in the game and more than likely bring back the skillful back rower who can play like a 5/8.

IMO the game has become too predictable, just look at the Broncos playing style, and is dominated by the bigger men and larger forward packs, Doggies and Roosters for instance, which has meant a lot of younger smaller and talented players being overlooked. Perhaps this will open up some opportunities for the smaller upcoming players like your Langers, Tooveys, Sandows and (Adam) Reynolds type.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2015/7/hookers-locks-key-under-new-nrl-rules/

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6