A reason for our failure, but not an excuse

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They took the Manly out of Manly, that simple really. How many premierships have Nate Myles, Lewis Brown or Martin Taupau won? They do not come from winning cultures yet they were suppose to be leaders. How about Trent Barrett? Where did he earn his stripes? Or that defensive messiah Seilbold? Or Dan Ferris? Just pathetic. Fulton and Peters stuffed the system up badly. If they do not make the finals, they should all go. They spent a load of money, more than Hasler or Toovey were ever afforded, yet they look disinterested and weak. Unacceptable.
Marty was a great pickup. He is our best signing for a long time.

Look at the Manly roster and who they bought. According to that fat disgusting piece of crap zorba peters, Toovey was suppose to make finals with the squad he had last year. By that standard, the current side is top 4 quality and should have beaten nearly all the top sides they have faced. Barrett said that if they were 4&4, he would be content. That is a ****ing loser mentality and Un-Manly like. That is a large contributing reason as to why we are ****ed, along with the over hyping of kids like the Trbojevics.

I am sure that if we finish bottom 4 this year, it will somehow be the fault of the previous administration.

Maybe Bozo's plan is to watch the man he has wanted to boof for the past two decades fail, then install one of his sons as coach.

Part of my cynical self thinks something like this might be the case... especially when you consider the 'coach who isn't allowed to pick his team' article in RLW.

He is ill disciplined, shows not much skill and does not have lasting power. I would suggest that Brenton Lawrence was a far superior signing at the time.

Ill disciplined.....yes at times.

Not much skill.....no.

Does not have lasting power.....hmmm he's an 80 minute player this year, Not sure where you pulled that one from.

The problem is that he is not being used properly. Give him a good 5/8 on the left, or let him play on the right with DCE and Killer and we would definitely see better from him.

Last edited:
Sigh.

Storm have 7 players out. Storm don't make excuses.

Warriors withdrew 6 players, came.out and won. Warriors don't make excuses.

Manly have players out, and it's that Marge and Bart have game legs, Lisa has a game leg, and even Homey himself has a game leg when offered 30 seconds to wow Montgomery. Like Homer though, Manly have become the laugh monkey...even throwing pudding into Lenny's eye by error.

Storm continues to defy and also has 7 players injured, yet they are in 3rd place. Say what you like about Bellemy but his results are extraordinary over many seasons.
The moral of the story is ...........
There are ordinary coaches and extraordinary coaches .

And there are ordinary supplements and there are extraordinary supplements......

Ill disciplined.....yes at times.

Not much skill.....no.

Does not have lasting power.....hmmm he's an 80 minute player this year, Not sure where you pulled that one from.

The problem is that he is not being used properly. Give him a good 5/8 on the left, or let him play on the right with DCE and Killer and we would definitely see better from him.
What does he do in that 80mins? Passenger.

Say what you you want about Bellamy. The guy is a brilliant man manager and how he can make average players above average amazes me.

Yes and no. There has been a track record of journeyman types doing well at Melbourne, sure. But we have had a not dissimilar track record in that respect (I'm thinking guys like Shane Rodney, George Rose, Richie Fa'aoso, Brenton Lawrence. Could think of more).

Where we differ a bit is that Melbourne have often been able to cover the loss of their key players with a young, quality understudy. For a period there, they were signing up most of the Junior Kangaroos and any kid who looked the goods at a CHS carnival. Makes you wonder ...especially when there were always rumours around about things like, say, how well Israel Folau's family did out of him signing with Melb as a 15 yr old.

The lack of a salary cap below u/20s has allowed some clubs with strong financial backing to do very well out of junior development. By 20s, when they become subject to a cap, you've already had a few years to a) get a good idea of who's worth keeping and b) indoctrinate them into your system so there's at least a shred of loyalty there.

And there are ordinary supplements and there are extraordinary supplements......

Another of the 'things that make you go hmmmm' is the absolute dream run they've had with injuries over the years. They just don't seem to have the issues with overuse/stress/fatigue type injuries that other clubs go through. Apparently HGH helps with that. I wonder what else does, that maybe isn't tested for (yet?)...?

Yes and no. There has been a track record of journeyman types doing well at Melbourne, sure. But we have had a not dissimilar track record in that respect (I'm thinking guys like Shane Rodney, George Rose, Richie Fa'aoso, Brenton Lawrence. Could think of more).

Where we differ a bit is that Melbourne have often been able to cover the loss of their key players with a young, quality understudy. For a period there, they were signing up most of the Junior Kangaroos and any kid who looked the goods at a CHS carnival. Makes you wonder ...especially when there were always rumours around about things like, say, how well Israel Folau's family did out of him signing with Melb as a 15 yr old.

The lack of a salary cap below u/20s has allowed some clubs with strong financial backing to do very well out of junior development. By 20s, when they become subject to a cap, you've already had a few years to a) get a good idea of who's worth keeping and b) indoctrinate them into your system so there's at least a shred of loyalty there.

So what's the no part?

So what's the no part?

That what they've done with journeyman players isn't unique to Melbourne, we've done it too. So have others.

Where Melbourne have had an advantage over other clubs is in being able to stack the decks with the best juniors on the market. And stop other clubs from getting them, by throwing the chequebook at juniors before they fall under a salary cap limitation.

Greg Inglis and Israel Folau are *Queenslanders* thanks to Melbourne's open chequebook policy for school kids.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6