A respite

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
Something other than internal worries to read about. Looks like the Titans are in serious financial trouble. Reed are suing them for $1 Million on an outstanding debt on their training facility, and they've just dodged the wind-up bullet from the ATO for outstanding tax liabilities (just settled). Funny thing is you don't read about these things in the sports pages. They only have eyes for us.

I wonder who it will next week.

2 weeks ago it was Foran
last weeks Brett
this week DCE.
Next week must be Glens turn or maybe TRex to union.

Guys, the journos know that if they print it we'll bite because we are Manly through and through.

Let's just enjoy this year and let the future take care of itself.

Anyway, if the Mayans are right we won't have any problems after this year.

The world is supposedly going to end on 21 Dec 2012. So that will leave Manly with back-to-back premierships and to forever remain undefeated premiers.:p

Titans were in the same boat last year weren't they?

Didn't they ask for an extension to their NRL loan and early release of their grant in order to settle a few other debts?

For mine I think it is important that the NRL assist them in order to keep them afloat. It would be a disaster for the game, if one of the new expansion clubs folded and would certainly put a dampener on any new ones coming in.

It would be interesting to see what has caused the debts, whether it is poor financial management or lack of support or incoming finances, i.e. no leagues club etc.

If so I wonder how that will bear out for any new expansion team that they consider. I mean realistically, Leagues clubs are a thing of the past, so it is unlikely any new club will have that as a source of income, losing the pokies dollars.

That therefore means that the NRL is going to have to look at new ways to financially support teams or make each one financially viable outside of its various grants.

Merchandise and Memberships are one way to do it, but thats a tough sell for a new team, and you would think they will need to look at alternate business ventures, whether that be some form of training or something else.

The Titans are trying to sell a 25% stake to the PNG govt.
Maybe Lowie was on to something :)

Not possible for the Titans to be in trouble we all know that if you have good facilities and undercover seating unlike brookvale you will make $10 Million a year just from gate takings guarented.

I know that has to be true, have been told over and over by the ironstines

The strange thing is, the Titans are a basket case but Michael Searle remains a rugby league Messiah figure and is spoken of as the succession plan to Gallop. Which just goes to show how dumb and incestuous the game is. He was probably a better hooker than he is an administrator and that's not saying much.

winning gets bums on seats, and being wooden spooners didn't help their financial situation. Overall, politically, commercially, they are fighting the broncos would be monopoly in the area, and the mortage they have on tv games of a friday night would not be helping in any way.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8