A Stellar Year for the Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
on ya TB

Attachments

• 9950558425_3b4852b88f_b.jpg
    9950558425_3b4852b88f_b.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 11

This is just a reminder of some of the past few years.

i just wish the current crop would play with the same team harmony and culture we once had.

Maybe we should appoint Matt Elloitt as our next coach. He knew what was going to happen at Manly!

Melbourne, in recent seasons, have been successful with a roster on paper that didn't appear as strong as ours. They have NO juniors. They take unknowns and turn them into stars. They take rejects - like Blair - and have him playing top football. They now just have two of their three superstars, and lose them to SOO, but they still are leading the comp.
When have you see them blow a 20-point lead with 30 minutes to play?
If Manly could play the same brand of attacking football, scoring 46 points against the 2013, 2014 and 2015 minor premiers, and be leading the comp then I'd be thrilled.
I don't like Melbourne but I admire their continued professionalism and success. We are currently a rabble compared to them.
It's all very well being one-eyed, but to keep believing that their success is due to cheating the cap many years ago is idiocy.

Of course it isn''t entirely due to that and they obviously have a great system and have had one great coach.The unlimited buckets of money that were thrown at them certainly didn't hurt. And dont be fooled.Every junior manager will tell you; they accumulated acres of juniors over the years. Money was never a problem.

It is probably not entirely relevant to my point here but I simply cannot admire a ""culture" that was based on blatant cheating for half a decade.Is that what we should celebrate and admire now in the modern day? And the bloke who ran the whole rort is still there as coach, albeit a very good one.

Most importantly your key word is "currently" a rabble. We have been a rabble quite a few times before. Storm has been a team for just 17 years, we have been at the top of the tree for 60 years and had our ups and downs as do all clubs.

Do people think Cronk Slater and Smith leaving all together as Bellamy exits wont ask them questions, just like all ours finishing together with Hasler leaving along the way hasn''t providing us with headaches. Lets wait and see.I think everyone knows the answer to that one.And it is just the way the game goes.One rocky ride. The Storm will have there cycle just like the rest. That is the main point I was making.Yes we are going ordinary but that is the nature of the beast at times.The tide will turn as it always does.

Last edited:
Of course it isn''t entirely due to that and they obviously have a good system and have had one great coach.The unlimited buckets of money that were thrown at them certainly didn't hurt and unlike some I simply cannot admire a ""culture" that was based on blatant cheating for half a decade.Is that what we should admire now in the modern day? And the bloke who ran the whole rort is still there as coach, albeit a very good one.

Your key word is "currently" a rabble. We have been a rabble quite a few times before. Storm has been a team for 17 years, we have been at the top of the tree for 60 years and had our ups and downs as do all clubs.

Do people think Cronk Slater and Smith leaving all together as Bellamy exits wont ask them questions, just like all ours finishing together with Hasler leaving along the way hasn''t providing us with headaches. Lets wait and see.I think I know the answer to that one.And it is just the way the game goes.One rocky ride.
Well said. Melbourne have benefited for years from their cheating. Their results during the cheating years from 2006 to 2009 when they made the GF 4 years in a row created the "bellamy legend," which was a legend created from cheating. Players wanted to go there and would do so for unders (Benefit 1). Players would go there believing they would be better players in their system and we are surprised that mostly (Not always) they are (Benefit 2).

bellamy was absolutely crap as NSW coach and made selections like Gidley as the captain on the bench. Yes, bellamy is the very best cheating coach in the NRL, no doubt about it.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6