A very strange evening indeed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
What to make of all that?The state of Brooky/ crowd turnout and atmosphere all lent a weird feel to the game. Given the players on show the low standard of the game and lack of intensity was surprising.The dodgy surface might explain it. I think many people underestimate combinations and we simply have had no backline continuity in 3 games this year. In the day of the cap being 6 players down including key backline positions is tough. Thought the effort was there and some good signs from the young forwards.DCE tried but due to a lack of options he overplayed his hand which is a common trait. For him to reach the heights his talent warrants he needs to fix this.Unfortunately it won't ne with us.i am ambivalent as to what we do with him and Foran. Even if we pick them we won't win the comp so I suppose if they show effort we pick them, if they don't then regimes. There IS desire in this squad.We won't threaten the big guns but these blokes won't embarrass us.A fit and healthy squad can make the finals again.

We certainly won't threaten the big guns yet, and last night was a more comfortable win for the Dogs than the score suggested. But September is a long long way away, some teams will stutter, some will grow, and I see a lot of improvement in our team as the year progresses. We could scarcely have had a rockier start, that's for sure.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7